Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

a good workplace

16 March 2019
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours ( depended on the work load)
12 February 2019
Same role
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland, Auckland
Great working environment, I have learnt alot from this company. Management is great. I have a lot of skills and experience. I have been there 3 years
24 July 2015
Same location
pick n packer (Former Employee) - East Tamaki, N
good culture within the workplace. fun and enjoyable environment to be in. everyone gets along, everyone has a roll into enhancing the company as a whole.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
fort night payment
24 February 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.