Hallensteins Employee Review

View all Hallensteins reviews

a good workplace
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland16 March 2019
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours ( depended on the work load)

Other Hallensteins Employee Reviews

Overrated company to work for
Third in charge (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 October 2019
Typical day you start out with a heck of a lot of stock and most of the time a massive store change which sets the tone for a stressful day
Get massive targets which are sometimes unachievable but the team you get to work with are amazing, and they really become family.
Pros-
The team become your family
You accrue leave, not just a set amount of Leave per year
Staff discount
Cons-
Head office really don’t care about you
They take take take but never give anything in return
Hard to get pay rises
Amazing Staff and direct management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury22 July 2019
Hallensteins was a great company, this was my first job in retail and all of my co-workers were so helpful and lovely. My manager was Lovely and did everything in her power to ensure all of the employees were happy in their roles. Only let downs would be in regard to the head office as they wouldn’t let you take time off sometimes even for family events which is a bit disappointing but what you can expect in retail. Also sales targets were unrealistic and hard to reach, they put a lot of pressure on and at points resulted in conflict among the team. Also they pay really low for the amount of money you bring in for them along with the amount of work you are expected to do.

Other than that a 10/10 company who i would recommend to anyone wanting a job in retail.
Pros
Lovely staff, passionate managers
Cons
Low pay, sales targets