Hallensteins Employee Review
a good workplace
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Ratings by category
Hours ( depended on the work load)
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallensteins. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 21 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Hallensteins
- Why do/did you like working at Hallensteins?2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Hallensteins?2 people answered
- What is the company culture like at Hallensteins?One person answered
- Do they hire females?One person answered
- Does Hallensteins have a staff discount? How much is Hallensteins’s staff discount?One person answered
- What are the working hours at Hallensteins?
- What are some tips for doing well in the interview?
- What interview questions do they ask at Hallensteins?
See all questions and answers