Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

Productive and fun workplace with Hallensteins Distribution Centre

21 February 2017
Working at the Hallensteins Distribution Centre was a great experience for me. The shifts they offered suited my lifestyle. A typical day at work would be moderately busy, which I liked because I was kept occupied throughout the day. The day itself would be managed professionally by my supervisors and they were structured in a way that benefited the company as well as employees (about 2 hours between breaks).

From taking on this role I learnt that I had to have a lot of initiative. For example, if I came across stock in incorrect locations in the warehouse, it would make it easier for everyone/the company if I took on the task of putting it into the correct location without having to be asked to do so. The work culture was to work as a team in order to get the work done. If some pickers finished earlier than others, helping those who were still picking was always the way to go in order to get the job done for the day. Every one was friendly and welcoming which really helped in terms of feeling free to ask for help.

The hardest part of the job for me was going on break in the middle of picking an order. I did not want to go on break in the middle of a pick, therefore a solution that came into play was to pick fast and accurately to get through orders before breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working in a team oriented environment. I loved helping others and contributing to the team to get through the day. Working behind the scenes at a workplace like Hallensteins Distribution Centre is an environment I feel comfortable in and enjoy being in because I
 - more...
Pros
Discounts, working in a team
Cons
Low salary
24 July 2015
Same role
pick n packer (Former Employee) - East Tamaki, N
good culture within the workplace. fun and enjoyable environment to be in. everyone gets along, everyone has a roll into enhancing the company as a whole.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
fort night payment
8 July 2019
Same location
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Although it was great environment management would not properly understand the social things I have in my life outside of work including sport and family
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No hours (rare if so) and no pay rise unless you are a manager
14 February 2019
Same location
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Hallenstiens was the first retail job i had, they taught me everything i would ever need to know and were extremely patient. The emplyees there were all fun and enjoyed what they did. The company always made sure to make sure there staff were valued and gave incentives.
Pros
amazing place to work
Cons
lots of standing