Hallensteins Employee Review

View all Hallensteins reviews

Productive and fun workplace with Hallensteins Distribution Centre
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand21 February 2017
Working at the Hallensteins Distribution Centre was a great experience for me. The shifts they offered suited my lifestyle. A typical day at work would be moderately busy, which I liked because I was kept occupied throughout the day. The day itself would be managed professionally by my supervisors and they were structured in a way that benefited the company as well as employees (about 2 hours between breaks).

From taking on this role I learnt that I had to have a lot of initiative. For example, if I came across stock in incorrect locations in the warehouse, it would make it easier for everyone/the company if I took on the task of putting it into the correct location without having to be asked to do so. The work culture was to work as a team in order to get the work done. If some pickers finished earlier than others, helping those who were still picking was always the way to go in order to get the job done for the day. Every one was friendly and welcoming which really helped in terms of feeling free to ask for help.

The hardest part of the job for me was going on break in the middle of picking an order. I did not want to go on break in the middle of a pick, therefore a solution that came into play was to pick fast and accurately to get through orders before breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working in a team oriented environment. I loved helping others and contributing to the team to get through the day. Working behind the scenes at a workplace like Hallensteins Distribution Centre is an environment I feel comfortable in and enjoy being in because I
  more... get a sense of accomplishment.  less
Pros
Discounts, working in a team
Cons
Low salary

Other Hallensteins Employee Reviews

Overrated company to work for
Third in charge (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 October 2019
Typical day you start out with a heck of a lot of stock and most of the time a massive store change which sets the tone for a stressful day
Get massive targets which are sometimes unachievable but the team you get to work with are amazing, and they really become family.
Pros-
The team become your family
You accrue leave, not just a set amount of Leave per year
Staff discount
Cons-
Head office really don’t care about you
They take take take but never give anything in return
Hard to get pay rises
Amazing Staff and direct management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury22 July 2019
Hallensteins was a great company, this was my first job in retail and all of my co-workers were so helpful and lovely. My manager was Lovely and did everything in her power to ensure all of the employees were happy in their roles. Only let downs would be in regard to the head office as they wouldn’t let you take time off sometimes even for family events which is a bit disappointing but what you can expect in retail. Also sales targets were unrealistic and hard to reach, they put a lot of pressure on and at points resulted in conflict among the team. Also they pay really low for the amount of money you bring in for them along with the amount of work you are expected to do.

Other than that a 10/10 company who i would recommend to anyone wanting a job in retail.
Pros
Lovely staff, passionate managers
Cons
Low pay, sales targets