Hallensteins Employee Review

View all Hallensteins reviews

Fun work place, Energy, Room for growth
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt1 December 2014
My time at Hallensteins was short due to the role being a christmas casual.
I was offered a part time position at the end of my contract but unfortunately had over comments,

I learnt allot of social and sales skills during my time at Hallensteins aswell as loss prevention.

My overall experience at Hallensteins was great and would love to work there again.
Pros
VIbe, People, good hours
Cons
Strict ways of approaching customers, i found that the way we were asked to approach customers could sometimes make them feel awkward.

Other Hallensteins Employee Reviews

Overrated company to work for
Third in charge (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 October 2019
Typical day you start out with a heck of a lot of stock and most of the time a massive store change which sets the tone for a stressful day
Get massive targets which are sometimes unachievable but the team you get to work with are amazing, and they really become family.
Pros-
The team become your family
You accrue leave, not just a set amount of Leave per year
Staff discount
Cons-
Head office really don’t care about you
They take take take but never give anything in return
Hard to get pay rises
Amazing Staff and direct management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury22 July 2019
Hallensteins was a great company, this was my first job in retail and all of my co-workers were so helpful and lovely. My manager was Lovely and did everything in her power to ensure all of the employees were happy in their roles. Only let downs would be in regard to the head office as they wouldn’t let you take time off sometimes even for family events which is a bit disappointing but what you can expect in retail. Also sales targets were unrealistic and hard to reach, they put a lot of pressure on and at points resulted in conflict among the team. Also they pay really low for the amount of money you bring in for them along with the amount of work you are expected to do.

Other than that a 10/10 company who i would recommend to anyone wanting a job in retail.
Pros
Lovely staff, passionate managers
Cons
Low pay, sales targets