Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

Fun work place, Energy, Room for growth

1 December 2014
My time at Hallensteins was short due to the role being a christmas casual.
I was offered a part time position at the end of my contract but unfortunately had over comments,

I learnt allot of social and sales skills during my time at Hallensteins aswell as loss prevention.

My overall experience at Hallensteins was great and would love to work there again.
Pros
VIbe, People, good hours
Cons
Strict ways of approaching customers, i found that the way we were asked to approach customers could sometimes make them feel awkward.
24 February 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.
25 November 2019
Team member (Former Employee) - Team member
Great place to work, Provides you with great customer service experience and having the opportunity to work with many different customers from different backgrounds.
5 October 2019
Third in charge (Former Employee) - New Zealand
Typical day you start out with a heck of a lot of stock and most of the time a massive store change which sets the tone for a stressful day
Get massive targets which are sometimes unachievable but the team you get to work with are amazing, and they really become family.

Pros-

The team become your family

You accrue leave, not just a set amount of Leave per year

Staff discount

Cons-

Head office really don’t care about you

They take take take but never give anything in return

Hard to get pay rises