Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

Very Productive great team enviroment

27 September 2017
Busy from 8am till 12 pm then from 3pm to 6pm.

8 steps to great customer service, which can be used anytime anywhere, any situation. Redseed training.

shared job, great way to learn all management knowledge and requirements if there was a vacancy you are well prepared and confident in advance to pursue that position.

Very friendly, and supportive work together and sometime go out for dinner or after work drinks great team.

When you are try to do the work of a full team with less. Doing reports 3/4 a week.

Building a great team, and management. Making targets, having great customer moments and relationships.
Pros
Play company games
Cons
24 February 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
The store manager I had at the time (who is no longer the manager of this branch) of working here made coming to work a chore, the job itself was only good when he wasn't there but when I was there the energies in the store between staff seemed to have dropped Majorly. After my first day he complained to another worker about how bad I was at the job, ON THE FIRST 3 HOUR SHIFT. Wasn't very good at training staff, made me feel dumb for asking questions yet complained to other staff about my lack of knowledge in some areas. I learnt nothing being there other than the things I learnt myself over trial and error.
25 November 2019
Same location
Team member (Former Employee) - Team member
Great place to work, Provides you with great customer service experience and having the opportunity to work with many different customers from different backgrounds.
5 October 2019
Same location
Third in charge (Former Employee) - New Zealand
Typical day you start out with a heck of a lot of stock and most of the time a massive store change which sets the tone for a stressful day
Get massive targets which are sometimes unachievable but the team you get to work with are amazing, and they really become family.

Pros-

The team become your family

You accrue leave, not just a set amount of Leave per year

Staff discount

Cons-

Head office really don’t care about you

They take take take but never give anything in return

Hard to get pay rises