Hallensteins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hallensteins Employee Review

Fun workplace to work with. Management is great

12 February 2019
Great working environment, I have learnt alot from this company. Management is great. I have a lot of skills and experience. I have been there 3 years
16 March 2019
Same role
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) - East Tamaki, Auckland
A typical day at work consisted of attending a team meeting, then picking garments, packing them in boxes and dispatching them off. Sometimes we would have extra jobs afterward such as barcoding, new lines( putting clothes away or sorting them out in sizes) and cleaning up the workspace. I have learned how to work in a team and clearly follow instructors from my supervisors. I have learned how to use their computer and handheld gun programmes. I also took part in stocktakes - which were taken very seriously. The hardest part of the job was maintaining speed. It was a physically demanding job, where you had to be on your feet the whole time, so sometimes I just had to try push through tiredness to get the work done. The most enjoyable part would be that it wasn't rocket science, you knew what you had to do. Supervisors allocated everyone jobs, there was no confusion as to what had to be done each day. As a full-time high school student, this job suited me very well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours ( depended on the work load)
8 July 2019
Same location
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Although it was great environment management would not properly understand the social things I have in my life outside of work including sport and family
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No hours (rare if so) and no pay rise unless you are a manager
14 February 2019
Same location
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Hallenstiens was the first retail job i had, they taught me everything i would ever need to know and were extremely patient. The emplyees there were all fun and enjoyed what they did. The company always made sure to make sure there staff were valued and gave incentives.
Pros
amazing place to work
Cons
lots of standing