Hamilton City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hamilton City Council Employee Review

A lively and full-on workplace

9 June 2016
While working at Hamilton City Council I learned that in the world of communications, no two days are the same. Each day I would complete the organisations media monitoring update and produced the daily staff newsletter. I also monitored the Council's social media platforms and dealt with public comments. Other than those tasks, there was no way to predict what a typical day would include. From writing media releases to copy for the Council's Newspaper 'City News' and writing and executing communications plans, I received a wide range of experience in multiple tasks in this role. My managers and co-workers were extremely hard-working people who I got along well with. No matter how busy things were, there was always an opportunity to seek support or advice and share a laugh. The hardest part of the job was balancing multiple tasks while also maintaining a keen eye for detail. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was knowing that you would go to work and have the opportunity to work on various projects and up-skill in different areas each day.
3 June 2020
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Great support and mentoring for younger/newer staff. For a massive organisation, most people know of each other. Some areas restricted by budget and a reluctance to change.
2 September 2018
Asset Engineer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Everyday you meet new people as it is so huge. It is a friendly place to work in. You can very easily stick in you own environment and not become part of the larger group. There are so many programs to learn and to find out how they work, thtat there needs to be more indepth teaching. You have very rearely alot to do with some of the other groups.
Pros
Enjoyable small units to work in
Cons
So many things to learn and people to know it becomes overwhelming
24 July 2018
Travel and Information Consultant (Current Employee) - Hamilton City, Waikato
My education is in Tourism and so I jumped at the opportunity to start here in my field. I loved so much from this company and from the management. I have now been taught finances in my time here and now I can take this to my next opportunity.