Hamilton City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hamilton City Council Employee Review

Great working environment, fun team.

29 August 2013
Typical day - 8.30 - 4.30 All customer inquiries relating to water supply I learned - To listen to customers to understand what their requirements were. Management - Open door policy, always ready to listen Co-workers - Great fun at work, with social activities monthly Hardest part of job - Dealing with awkward customers Most enjoyable - Exceeding expectations in problem solving for all customers.
Pros
Good superannuation scheme
Cons
None really.
3 June 2020
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Great support and mentoring for younger/newer staff. For a massive organisation, most people know of each other. Some areas restricted by budget and a reluctance to change.
2 September 2018
Asset Engineer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Everyday you meet new people as it is so huge. It is a friendly place to work in. You can very easily stick in you own environment and not become part of the larger group. There are so many programs to learn and to find out how they work, thtat there needs to be more indepth teaching. You have very rearely alot to do with some of the other groups.
Pros
Enjoyable small units to work in
Cons
So many things to learn and people to know it becomes overwhelming
24 July 2018
Travel and Information Consultant (Current Employee) - Hamilton City, Waikato
My education is in Tourism and so I jumped at the opportunity to start here in my field. I loved so much from this company and from the management. I have now been taught finances in my time here and now I can take this to my next opportunity.