Hamilton City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hamilton City Council Employee Review

Paying 1200(approx.) employees on a weeklt/fortnightly basis and on time

30 November 2015
Data entry of timesheets and employee information. PAYE Tax payments. Helped IT to update current Payroll system to newer version. My Manager was a great person to work for. Was very supportive. Had great team mate two of us to process the pays). We were compatible both for work and friendship. Hardest part of the job was Christmas time and the extra work needed to ensure staff got paid over the close down periods. Lots of advance pays to process. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Made great friends over the 38 years of service. Saw a lot go due to redundancy.
Pros
Workmates, friends
Cons
Upper management not always open and honest like they wanted us to be
3 June 2020
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Great support and mentoring for younger/newer staff. For a massive organisation, most people know of each other. Some areas restricted by budget and a reluctance to change.
2 September 2018
Asset Engineer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Everyday you meet new people as it is so huge. It is a friendly place to work in. You can very easily stick in you own environment and not become part of the larger group. There are so many programs to learn and to find out how they work, thtat there needs to be more indepth teaching. You have very rearely alot to do with some of the other groups.
Pros
Enjoyable small units to work in
Cons
So many things to learn and people to know it becomes overwhelming
24 July 2018
Travel and Information Consultant (Current Employee) - Hamilton City, Waikato
My education is in Tourism and so I jumped at the opportunity to start here in my field. I loved so much from this company and from the management. I have now been taught finances in my time here and now I can take this to my next opportunity.
  1. Paying 1200(approx.) employees on a weeklt/fortnightly basis and on time