Hamilton City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Hamilton City Council Employee Review

Within the City Transport team, we have a wonderful culture of inclusivesness.

22 May 2018
I currently work two days a week within City Transport at HCC. My day consists of touching base with various stakeholders and planning opportunities for us to share with the public the benefits of active travel; i.e. walking, bussing or cycling. HCC are very proactive in the personal development space affording us the opportunity to attend training courses. Our team has a great culture and is very supportive of each other and its needs. The hardest part about my job is with only working two days, there is a break in continuity and flow. It is difficult to get stuck into a robust project because I'm not there full-time. The best part of my role is the interaction I get from networking and fostering mutual and beneficial relationships.
Pros
Self development courses
Cons
Working part-time
3 June 2020
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Great support and mentoring for younger/newer staff. For a massive organisation, most people know of each other. Some areas restricted by budget and a reluctance to change.
2 September 2018
Asset Engineer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Everyday you meet new people as it is so huge. It is a friendly place to work in. You can very easily stick in you own environment and not become part of the larger group. There are so many programs to learn and to find out how they work, thtat there needs to be more indepth teaching. You have very rearely alot to do with some of the other groups.
Pros
Enjoyable small units to work in
Cons
So many things to learn and people to know it becomes overwhelming
24 July 2018
Travel and Information Consultant (Current Employee) - Hamilton City, Waikato
My education is in Tourism and so I jumped at the opportunity to start here in my field. I loved so much from this company and from the management. I have now been taught finances in my time here and now I can take this to my next opportunity.
  1. Within the City Transport team, we have a wonderful culture of inclusivesness.