Hampton by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 8,396 reviews

Weddings Galore!

I really enjoy this job and it's very rewarding as I deal with mostly brides/groom, and brides/grooms mother's. Getting to speak with them and/or meet them long before their event and then feeling their tension and excitement leading up to the big day is my favorite part. I learned a lot about sales and customer service while dealing with team involvement and the front desk as well. The hardest part of this job is getting the backlash from something that wasn't my fault, such as a mistake that the front desk made.

Pros

Great employee travel rate

Cons

Position has been changed from full-time to part-time

No hay tiempo para vida personal

Falta personal , realizas el trabajo de 3 personas por un sueldo

I really loved working for them and really love the management loves my coworkers we really had fun at work and enjoyed each other and work together

Working for Hampton inn was really exciting fun everybody work together as a team only bad thing about it was there was no health insurance no dental no insurance no 401K it's just no benefits other than that I love working for Hampton inn

Job advancement and raises

They lie and use you to their advantage. They say job advancement and raises but it never happens. We were supposed to get bonuses and it was never followed through with for 2 years

Cons

Lies Manipulation

Should be a fun interesting job but….

Not a good work environment. Poor management. Over worked and under payed. The building is old and need of repair. Staff is doing multiple jobs. Not up to Hilton standards.

Pros

Free breakfast sometimes when you can get a break

Cons

No breaks, long work hours, very little gratitude

Gifted management

I enjoy working with everybody in my team, Kinga/Adesuwa make me feel better about the job. Thank you guys great team to work with haven’t said that the pay rates are undesirable

Pros

No lunch

Cons

flexible

Great work place.

I loved working here at this place they care about their employees. The management team was excellent. HP hospitality is a great company to work for.

Trying to leave professionaly didn't work. Not good training or organization.

Not good with training. Good with communicating. Houseman gets a walkie talkie. So it helps if you have questions. They do pretty well with positive feedback.

Don’t waste your time unless you want to be treated like a child

Short staffed so they always call you on your off days. The GM is messy and unprofessional. She cry’s about everything you can’t speak your mind. Your thoughts and opinions are over looked. They can’t stay stocked up on supplies. The pay is not worth everything they want you to do. The hotel is so ran down but they expect it to look brand new. They have a major bed bug issue that’s never professionally treated. This new management is bringing the place down even more. They buy you $5 pizza instead of giving you a raise.

Pros

Brakes

Fun place to work

Love working here pay of $11.00 an hour sucks. I have a great supervisor I work with great co-workers love that you can work with nobody watching over your shoulder can listen to your music while working

Pros

Free coffee and breakfast

Cons

Underpaid

Invaluable customer service experience

Great learning experience for perfecting authentic empathy for difficult customers and I learned to handle many tasks simultaneously which improved feelings of competency. But for all the responsibilities required from an employee who is usually the only staff on site, front desk agents are criminally unappreciated and underpayed.

Friendly staff

only worked for a couple weeks. If cold calling and traveling to look for business is something you enjoy then a Hotel Sales Manager is for you. Hilton is a good Company to work for.

Management Sucks

Don’t go there if you have values. Management is rude and will treat you badly and talk about you behind your back. Also they will try to make you feel bad if you call off sick. Or if you have a personal thing going on.

A typical day at work

Just another day and dollar there, I go up in raise but still making in my check what I would be getting when I first started working there a year ago.

Pros

Free breakfast, sometimes tips, I bring home food/drinks that guest's would leave in their rooms upon checking out.

Cons

Work way too hard for little pay your getting, not enough hours for a housekeeper to make a good paycheck in two weeks, dealing with nasty guest's and some of the stuff they leave behind after a night of partying, not having enough linen for a full staff to start off with

This is an essential employer

I love my job. I love inacting with guests and making reservations helping them make decisions in regatds to dinner and sites. This job is always busy. We never close.Its a fun way to experience customer service. Guests can really be a joy to work with.

Pros

Free breakfast, travel benefits at discounted rate

Cons

No health, no benefits.

Fun and friendly work environment.

All staff from every area, are wonderful and the job is enjoyable. Couldn’t ask for a better work place. Everyday is a learning day. The possibility of advancing within the field is amazing and achievable.

Terrible upper management and corporate

As chief engineer it was my job to ensure functionality of the hotel. When bad planning and NO communication from upper management or corporate about a change of plans happens; this is quite simply impossible. Due to this fact I got let go without notice. There were definitely some great co-workers there and I hope they find better. However to the owner, corporate, and AGM; I hope they know where to shove it.

Hamptons are independently owned! So you don’t work for Hilton

Hilton itself is an amazing company but Hamptons are not always that way. While there is a standard for the hotel there isn’t one for the employees! I found very little support and team work, and worked long hours and little to no extra compensation for working over 40 hours a week. Again this is just at the property I was at. So be mindful of who you would be working for! Hilton is a great company and a product and service I believe in! Just don’t work for one that’s independently owned!

Terrible pay and no training whatsoever.

The pay is terrible considering everywhere else in the area is paying $15 or more per hour. They wanted to train me for only 3 whole days then leave me alone after to do night audit and check in people. The person training kept FALLING ASLEEP doing the audit and overall didn't teach me a thing the entire night, how unprofessional is that. On top of that the night audit is dating the manager which I've never seen anywhere else I've worked and feels very weird. Overall terrible place to work.

Good overall

Lovely team, awful hours. Minimum wage. Progression available, job itself is very enjoyable. Sometimes working 10 days in a row which is hard and tiring.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Shift work

Loved it but not my coworkers

Loved it. But not the coworkers fr fr!! A few of the girls were younger and just rushed thru everything and we’re snobby and thought they were better than I was.. Very fast paced and I was too slow!! Only because I actually cared and I was CHANGING my bed sheets AND DUVETS and doing the things I was supposed to do and cleaned and disinfected all the stands even if they didn’t look touched or like they needed wiped down, etc. So obviously I don’t work there anymore! But there loss not mine!

Pros

Free breakfast, tips were great until there was none. Lol.

Cons

Short breaks, co workers, and someone was taking tips.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hampton by Hilton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?