Harvey Norman Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

You will be stuck at same position for years no progression
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wairau Park, Auckland28 December 2019
I have been working for the company for over 10 years in all honestly I wasn’t expected to stay but some time when your young and dumb you tend to get comfortable in this kinda environment, when I was interviewed I was told company appreciates hard worker and want to get up in the company, I ended my employment with them because I knew I had no future with them if you don’t know someone at head office then you will not get anywhere in that company, the structure of company is great team are great, management I have went through four manager there have been only 2/4 who I considered great people to work with but the last one. He only got the position because he knew someone at head office and managed to the previous manager fired because he Made several complaints against him. If you manager in that company you can hire your wife to be your PA and do what ever you want.

It was very difficult work with a manager who had no business sense most of the time he is in the office watching YouTube videos or not there at all he would be there maybe 2-3 days of the week and most of the day he will leave early with his wife to do launch or shop around the area.

The shot story of this if you want to go up in the company you need to Mary the manager or be his/her Friends with benefits.
Work culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nelson, Nelson2 December 2017
The work culture was an amazing sence to this well known company, our manager Brechon Murch at that I was there was absolutely amazing .
Only was he a good manager but he’s also someone you can lead by example .
It is a productive and fun place to work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland9 March 2017
Working at Harvey Norman is fun and fast paced and i get to interact with lot of customers with different attitude and personality and i enjoy working like that.
Pros
Good pay if you are a good salesperson.
Cons
If you cant sell good pay is not much.
Nice and friendly work place
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N19 January 2016
Dealing with customers in daily basis
learned to be good listener
love to work in a team
respect my manager and they love my progress.
manage to work under stress in busy time
friendly team and nice team on stock take time
Pros
staff discount
Cons
standing for long times