Hastings District Council Employee Reviews

2.8Pay & Benefits
growing and changing my focus
Manager at Frimley Aquatic and assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay12 May 2017
Under this role I have been in charge of budgets, staffing, programming, maintanence, Health and Safety and driving the business forward to acheive and improve both the usage and profit of the pools. I have used reports and other systems to show how these can be improved and how they are tracking as we move, Customer service has been at the heart of the role as well
Job security is poor but the job itself is a great job.
Security Team Skatepark Guardian (Former Employee) –  William Nelson Skate Park2 July 2014
- I have a mid day start which suits me as I have young children at home that rely on me to get them ready for kindy. My work environment is a great place to work. I open up the kiosk and erect the safety signage. Then I do a internal check of the park for rubbish or damages e.g. graffiti, broken property etc. Then I ensure that the Skate park itself is clean and maintained.
- I have learnt a lot in regards to dealing with the general public and large numbers of young people. But there is always room for improvement.
- Management does a good job but there are a couple areas that could be dealt with better e.g. Consistent rosters and better Job security for those that have been in the job for a lengthy amount of time. Unless we are not preforming up to standard.
- I enjoy working along side all my co-workers.
- The hardest part of my job is dealing with all the different personalities and problems within the Skate park and been consistent and fair to all parties.
- The best part about my job is working with young people and having a job I enjoy turning up to.
Pros
Enjoying the job itself
Cons
inconsistency of roster
Professional, quiet place and a fun place
Flaxmere Community Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Flaxmere29 October 2013
Very good experience from working here with partner. Very positive man and always tried to get me into a bright career to prepare me for when I finish school. Learnt a lot about working in the Hastings District Council and the qualities needed.
Pros
Free hot chocolate and fun work place
Cons
A lot of sitting around which can be boring sometimes