Hawkins, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best Workplace
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN21 May 2019
Friendly staffs and wonderful management. This place gives you additional time for lunch and when hired on they give great benefits right away. Benefits are good and worth it.
great reviews
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX8 November 2018
was great job whi;e it lasted ,got alot of work exp with power tools wood work floors and baicly all around the work field in the area welding ,eletric and pluming
Pros
work exp
Cons
no over time
Poor and outdated management style set up incoming employees for failure.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN25 September 2018
At Hawkins Inc I was responsible for ensuring accurate inventory controls were in place and maintined continuously.

When I started I took over for someone with decades more experience than myself, this was known by both myself and management before accepting the position. I thought I would be provided mentoring and guidance to ensure my success in the position but was in fact provided the opposite. Management left me to figure out the position on my own and with other co-workers which infurated me. In addition, I was belittled and repremanded for my shortcomings instead of finding a way to train and motivate me properly.
Pros
Cross functional teams got along well.
Cons
Management by intimidation, Little direction or goal oriented objectives, Very retroactive skills building.
Public Company with a Family Feel
Employee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MN18 September 2018
Company has continued to grow over the years; however large pockets of the company is still stuck in doing things as when they were a very small company. There are still a lot of silos and finger pointing that does not make collaborative problem solving productive.
Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minnesota6 May 2018
Decent Benefits with Decent Compensation and Employee Offerings. Headquarters in Roseville is nice building. Operations are sales centered and profit driven, not surprising at all for a smaller company.
hardwork low pay
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL12 March 2018
installed lighting and power for swimming pools...All day digging but great co workers..hardest part is digging in the middle of summer .The best part was going home
Nice people to work with, but long hours
PURCHASING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN30 January 2018
Very nice coworkers, but the hours are not conducive to having a family life. The work was not difficult, just very high volume. Good benefits for 401K.
LOVED Hawkins!
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN21 January 2018
I absolutely loved working at Hawkins. Great environment, friendly co-workers, relaxed atmosphere. I was there only for 2 months as an intern so can'r really speak about their pay system/days off/benefits but if I had another chance I would strongly consider Hawkins again.
Hectic schedule
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MN1 January 2018
Little training from management
Nice facility
Accounting closed books monthly
Hard to get all transaction right from information provided from vendors
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Management strict
Quality Administrator learned alot!
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN28 November 2017
A typical work day began logging into the computer and getting a radio. An employee would call me on the radio to do a pre or post check on bulk pharmaceutical repackaging. I printed labels for batch records which were used to put on the repackaged material.
Pros
Great company
Cons
I had to work a year as a temp before I was hired on.
It was a family owned business and I loved my job hated to see it go out of business
Remodeler&Painter& Landscape (Former Employee) –  Rocky top TN7 November 2017
I enjoyed my work and my hrs, had holidays off and payed 3 days vacation. Plus we got bonuses on some jobs and I enjoyed meeting different people. We were out to please our customers and do a well job.
Pros
Free lunch and bonuses at times
Good people poor expectations
Production Worker/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN24 September 2017
Great family owned business but they don't provide all the training you need. a lot of trial and error. Lots of favoritism daily. The Union steward won't fight for you unless he likes you.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
expect you to not have a family life.
Very disappointing place to work
Finance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis20 August 2017
Family owned business that tends to have an excessive amount of turnover. Work hours and conditions are very bad with management always demanding more.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN30 July 2017
Entrepreneurship is highly rewarded. The company fosters creativity and drive for success. Dynamic work environment that requires the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with critical deadlines. This has been a great place to work for 25 years!
Law Office
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 July 2017
This was a school program, very helpful to teach a young adult the work field starting out. Supervisor was great and patient. Work was always an adventure, different every day.
Production
Production (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN12 July 2017
I have been here for a couple years now. and at the start I loved this company. But the work life balance. Is not this company in the summertime expect 12+ hour days and way too many weekends the pay is good but the stress is too much
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Long hours, stress, heat
good
anodise plant (Former Employee) –  hoshiarpur30 May 2017
Hawkins is a good company.he provide to a good salery.8hour work and very good management system.very good security system.he helps to a very poor man's.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
low hours
Productive fun place to work
Hawkins (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TX7 March 2017
Productive job love the energy great place to work. Best learning experience I've ever had. Learned how to be a man and work a man job. Great place to buy into and spend the rest of my working career with.
Pros
Great pay
Benefits
Pay not that good, Good environment, Good hours
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FL12 September 2016
My experience was not that bad at Hawkins. I learned allot of need to know about electrical. The pay is not that good but you can get allot of hours. OK job
Pros
Plenty hours
Cons
Low pay for amount of work
productive and fun work place
Superintendant (Current Employee) –  florida30 July 2015
a typical day at work starts off a little hectic but once you get everything rolling the day goes quite smoothly. every day is something new from something you would miss on blueprint or a sub contractor helping with an easier solution to a problem. everyone is very easy to get along with and very helpful.
Pros
reimbursement for fuel
Cons
lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawkins, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.