Hays Employee Reviews

good quality of work
Overseas Electrician (Former Employee) –  Auckland8 May 2018
learned many skills from different tradies. The work to social lifestyle was great. Pay and quality of work was good. Getting to work in Australia and NZ was great to broaden my experience and Hays helped me complete that.
Pros
pay, culture
Excellent place to work!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland14 February 2018
A typical day at work consists of collaborating with the team and solving hard problems. Very stimulating stuff. I wish I still worked here. I highly recommend this location.
Hays is very adimit in finding you work as quick as possible.
Hammer Hand (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington10 December 2017
A typical day consists of going of to work, getting a welcoming phone call detailing the job assigned to me and been given the right P.P.E everything is done by time sheets so make sure your time sheets are signed dated and worded correctly for PAYE purposes.
Fun workplace
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch nz17 October 2017
Worked for hays temping agency and enjoyed every moment I had there. Constantly Helped me get jobs and always insured I enjoyed what I was doing. 10/10
Pros
good company
Cons
Didn’t get along with members
a positive team,
Demolition laborer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington16 May 2017
I am a fit active person, Love the outdoors can work both in a team environment as well on my own, i'm a type of individual who just wants to get the job done right and only once.
most of my job experiance is in labouring but during my labouring experience i have lernt alot of skills over my years.
i bring a positive Attitude every day and try to leave that vibe with my co workers
Great hours, interesting work and fantastic team
Head labourer, McKee Fehl Construction Ltd (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand12 March 2017
I enjoyed working as head labourer for McKee Fehl through Hay's recruitment. As it was my first management position I experienced a steep learning curve at first, but I always worked alongside my team of labourers and encouraged tham to put in their best efforts because I believe in leading by example. It was a good opportunity for me to share my knowledge and experience with a diverse team of workers. Over the five months working on one commercial building site I made some good friends among my colleagues. The work was often quite physical and offered us plenty of opportunity for learning new skills and exercise as well.
not a good recruitment.
carpenter (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 October 2016
Didn't think hays was a good recruitment as they advertise them self as. 60% of the jobs given to me was not carpentry or hammer hand work which is what I applied for but had no choice but to take the jobs other wise I will have to wait for the next not knowing how long that will take. The main thing is hays do not want to pay the rates that I should be getting when I do get given carpenter's work. I think hays needs to take a look at their staff and look for the right people who knows more about the trades and how the trades system runs. You can't have an receptionist back round with good communication literacy n writing skills etc as my rep!!. For example I'll get a call from hays about a job and I hear the same thing every time. Which is take all your ppe and all your tools. Haha honestly I will say yes but with the rate they paying me I'll only take my basic hand tools and apron. Don't get paid enough to use my own tools and as all chippies know tools always goes missing on site. Thanks for reading.
Pros
they don't care about us
Cons
have to do crazy long hours to make a living with carp rates
General labouring-painter
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 February 2016
I did good experience overthere. I worked as painter, demolition job, general laboring and as a removal in different construction sites.
Easy going, very helpful and health and safety continuous
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, New Zealand17 July 2015
Always had work for me and answered every question with much help every time. Easy to deal with and getting paid was never an issue. Helped a lot in my stay in New Zealand.
Not recommend
IT (Former Employee) –  Auckland19 February 2013
Never contact you after came for interview and registered as new job seeker. Bad experience, not trustworthy.
Pros
office look good
Cons
poor working attitude
awesome company
labourer (Former Employee) –  new zealand22 January 2013
had fun with this company. good pay good work. gained alote of experience through a range of different jobs, friendly staff, had no problems, would recomend them to anyone.