Healthcare NZ

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

New Zealand69 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Great company to work with but has changed so much after management changes

HCNZ has been a good company to work for at the start until 2021 when they made big organisational changes that was not beneficial for our clients with complex needs and their support workers. These days the care for the frontliners and the clients are hardly personable which is important for the nature of our services. Communicating with anyone is usually confusing.

Pros

Variety of clients, lots of learning opportunities, good flexible hours

Cons

Management, organisational/management changes which are not really for the clients and frontliners best interest

Could be better

Working there was complicated because of how the management organized shifts, cover for leave ...Always waiting last minute to cover shift.Always asking you to work overtime. Unhealthy work balanceThe job is already not easy. But on top of it you had to deal with bad management..Thankfully the clients were Nice and the job is still rewarding because at the end of the day you help someone in the need

Excellent company, i like because offer opportunity to grow up, be better, the only thing that maybe could improve its the salary, very low, it’s difficult live with that

Good care for employees

Health Care New Zealand offers good support for employees. At the front end they ensure you are trained up well, they are fair with holiday pay, they are communicative and allow you to shift swap when you need to.

Pros

Flexable

Cons

not the best hourly rate

Worked mostly on my own and for the most part home help!

Would love to have got together with other support workers to share experiences etc Would have loved to be given the opportunity to advance up a level after a year. Would have loved the challenge.

Productive and full on ....

In the years I have been with this company I have meet alot of good people if you enjoy communicating and have a good sense of humor and a good understanding of people and there needs you will really enjoy this work ... coordinators do there best to keep you informed on changers like this company alot....

Wouldn't work or use

Horrible company to work for. Say they will do things but never follow through and the support workers deal with the brunt of it being the face of this faceless company

Productive and awesome

Being a support support is very rewarding, I meet on average 8 clients per day. I find most clients to be friendly but on the odd occasion you might get a hard one

Very supportive

Fun place to work at, good salary, and very supportive people. Made my experience really fun and everyone was always so helpful when I wasn't sure on certain things. Would definitely recommend

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

No cons

Lovley clients

Poor management. Don't know who to contact for specific reasons. Having to ring a call centre you can spend hours waiting for someone to answer. no chance at weekends. So if you call in sick by the time they answer you've already missed your client log in time then they don't send anyone to the client and don't inform them so the client is left waiting for someone to show up. Half the staff on the phones you can't understand and so client issues don't get dealt with.

Pros

Pretty much left to it.

Cons

Putting clients on your roster without being informed, so unless you look at it every 5 mins you don't know they've added a client.

Long hours due to understaffs

The most enjoyable part of the job getting to interact with the clients. Helping them with their needs. This job can be quite stressful due to the lack of staff. management may ask u to do double shift for the same day which can be quite tiring. work culture is pretty good. Some houses are quite easy but some houses are quite complicated so you really need to be prepared.

Pros

Free food

Wasted Time

I really loved learning the job and was so excited to get started, I felt like the process of when I got the job and actually started working took too long it was at least a month before I went out on the job. as for the training, I thought it was slack especially if you hadn't worked in a healthcare setting before eg testing me on equipment I never seen nor used before. communication with admin and head office was so terrible I had to ask the same questions over and over with no results it's like they don't talk to each other.I really really enjoyed meeting clients though that was the one save, all in all, I'm leaving as I can't seem to get any further I'm pretty disappointed really I was so looking forward to this job.

Pros

Clients

Cons

communication, training

Co-workers are great.

If you aren't with the in crowd, then you're out.I moved from another provider and worked hard from day 1 and still work hard.Looking after and seeing a smile on the clients face is priceless.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours, driving in between. Not getting recognized for the work one does.

Productive and fun work place

I learned many different things. Before start wotking They gave training and support whilst I was working at that Company. The manager also went to the house where I was working to give some advice. Great Company and great employees.

Pros

Job plan and freedom to deal with the client

Cons

Distance to visit different clients

Productive and fun

7 days per week, 3 times per day most times. learned to work individually with trust. Management staff were great, the hardest part was learning the hoists but very enjoyable.

Pros

happy clients

Cons

short hoours

i worked for this company

I worked for this company for 4 years. I left as they were placing me with clients that were sexually inappropriate. The office people are hard to deal with. I worked here during the time i studied at university.

Review

Good colleagues good training, great clients and support workers. Have enjoyed my time here however business is restructuring and been made redundant

well organised, salary was good

I loved to work for this company. I had many memories which I cannot forget. They provided lots of various work opportunities. Their system was well organised and well managed.

Good

Good place to work at. I have gained so much experience i enjoy my job as a community based support worker. Best job I have had get to meet new clients, learn how to deal with difficult clients, being a ear for them to vent to.. Helping clients get there independence back and going home happy because clients have everything they need due to our help and support.

I wouldn't work here

Management and Care Co-ordinators jobs have been cut nation wide due to Corporate greed. Everything is now being done by phone and online maps. This company is a joke. Neglect and abuse from company failure to provide proper care will happen.

Enjoyed the work..but struggled with communication

Enjoyed clients..but communication difficulties and frustration with my clients not getting care at all or getting inadequate care when I was away.on leave

Pros

Great working in community helping people stay in their own homes, Also flexible hours to be able to work around my kids

Cons

Communication, alot of pressure to take on extra hours at no notice..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare NZ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Healthcare NZ