Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

Review
Good colleagues good training, great clients and support workers. Have enjoyed my time here however business is restructuring and been made redundant
well organised, salary was good
I loved to work for this company.
I had many memories which I cannot forget.

They provided lots of various work opportunities.

Their system was well organised and well managed.
Good
Good place to work at. I have gained so much experience i enjoy my job as a community based support worker. Best job I have had get to meet new clients, learn how to deal with difficult clients, being a ear for them to vent to.. Helping clients get there independence back and going home happy because clients have everything they need due to our help and support.
I wouldn't work here
Management and Care Co-ordinators jobs have been cut nation wide due to Corporate greed. Everything is now being done by phone and online maps. This company is a joke. Neglect and abuse from company failure to provide proper care will happen.
Enjoyed the work..but struggled with communication
Enjoyed clients..but communication difficulties and frustration with my clients not getting care at all or getting inadequate care when I was away.on leave
Pros
Great working in community helping people stay in their own homes, Also flexible hours to be able to work around my kids
Cons
Communication, alot of pressure to take on extra hours at no notice..
Flexible timetable and relaxed workload
Balanced work and private life. Good compensation and benefits. Also they provided health insurances for us. They also gave us gas allowances. And before you book a client for a job, they will brief you first about everything and ask you if you want to take it or not. If you signed a contract stating you are to work 30hrs. per week then you will pe paid for 30hrs. even if you didn't have a 30hrs. workload.
Healthcare company to work for
Fantastic employer, consider workplace, all clients were lovely to work for. Fellow workers were supportive and caring. Great environment to work in. A1
The wave where poor back when I worked for healthcare
The wage have increased since I have worked for healthcare I was on minimum wage even when I had the certificate for A.C.E aged care. But I do think we do deserve the pay rise thanks to government Dept
fun work place
The hardest part is when there is no travel time between clients and you will get blamed by clients being late which was not a workers problem and nobody listens to that.sometimes one client is in one side of the town and next client is in the other side of the town and no travel time and you are supposed to fly ???
Enjoyed this company
I was with them for a short time bit had work constantly I even got to meet new faces. I was working with paraplegic etc. I liked the regional manager she looked after you
Rewarding
This support may consist of household management such as cleaning, washing, ironing, vacuuming and cooking for residents. Furthermore, I had to provide personal care such as bathing, toileting and assisting residents with their personal grooming and sometimes with medication. Lastly, I followed a complete training with ”Health Care” in order to achieve this role.
It is a very rewarding position which allow to aid residents in their daily life and to create a bond with them.
Day in the life of A daily care-giver
Everyday is different depending on on clients mood. I have learnt to to adjust to my clients clients moods but, at the same time follow there service plan.

I have learnt to be kind and caring to my client and listen to them.to help solve there problems in a peacefully way.

I love to manage my responsibilities as a care-giver giving special needs to details. Follow the clients service plan and direction from our service managers. I am the prime care-giver for our time. Every moth we have a meeting to discuss any concerns and organize holidays leaves or days off who will cover for that person.

At the work place we all get along our main purpose is to care for the welfare and care of the client. Any problem has to be discuss with me to sort it out.in private as soon as possible. Many of the problem has nothing to do with the job but it interferes with there job. If the client has a culture want us to treat him with his culture we will be happen to help him if it is with in our power. As many of us have our own beliefs and culture but we will sort it out.

The hardest part of the job will be the clients mental state of mind this will effect his moods and the way the care-givers and how they handle the problem. This is when we need to show extraordinary patient and kindness. Listen to them at the same time don't over step work policies. You care have the whole day or a half to calm the client down. make them a cup of tea calm them down and put them to bed for a rest.

Coming to work and seeing a smile on the the client face and the client appreciate
 - more...
Pros
The pros are making the right decision for the client an d seeing the benefits it has achieved
Cons
the clients health has deteriorate and is not getting better sooner.
Extremely bad management in Hamilton
Not at all helpful. You don't have any job security. Selfish coordinators in Hamilton. If you are looking for a company with good management and support then this is absolutely a rubbish place. Only the best part is the co workers. It's my experience from Hamilton only.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rubbish coordinators in Hamilton
Loyal to our elders and disabled clients
Great employment opportunities to gain knowledge in nursing.
Excellent management.

Loyal and respectful to both clients and employees.

I was a caregiver in a disabled home in Wellington and wish I never Left.

Tight neat company. With a diverse range of carers, with caring loving matured natured Caregivers.

Great work - family balance.
Pros
Going home with pride and joy. Being a companion to our most needing..
Cons
Losing those who compliment u and speak highly about you daily to friend's n family die.
Caregiving is a demanding and stressful occupation but you learn to care for vulnerable people who have no one. Compassion and empathy is necessary for this type of work.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Clients change all the time
productive
Good pay, good hours, fairly easy the contact with office staff, very often attends to requests by field workers in good time but lack of progress individually.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a boring job
Respect and dignity, importance
My clients were amazing but my boss was very hard to get a hold of and very unorganized. Always having to.work 24 hour shifts as no one sorted rosters ect.
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
Unorganized
Good clients
I find the after hours staff and some of the management personale rather rude and condescending, they refuse to listen and fail to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. They (management) are absolutely quick to reign down authority and to are very quick to let you know that support workers are very replaceable but also wonder why they are short on workers..
HCNZ promise that all employees will be fully trained and receive level 2-3 national certificates, along with pay rises and regular pay reviews which sounds promising but for a the majority of long term employees this is not the reality, if you ask about the certificate after being trained all you get is excuses apon excuses, even from the most senior of management. You are supposed to get paid when a client cancels an appointment ... well what HCNZ say and do can be two entirely different things - my advice "check your pay slip". HCNZ also do not allow enough time between clients so get use to explaining lateness to angry clients... oh and whoever calculates the travel reimbursements clearly has absolutely no idea or even a remote clue about the reality of Auckland traffic or the price of gas yet how to operate a calculator.
Pros
Good clients, good hours.
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, uncompromising, unability to listen, comprehension difficulties.
Innovative,friendly,goal oriented
The experience in New Zealand was an eye opener.It helped me to be knowledgful about the laws here,the health system and how it works.More over it helped to be more positive and efficient.
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work from 9am to 4.30pm. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them with their daily activities. Very supportive management.
enjoy my work
I love my job looking after the elderly caring for them in either PC or HM getting to know them in their own homes having fun laughter with them and being there for the sad times too. Giving them 100% of my time energy while I'm in their home.