Healthcare NZ logo
Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Long hours due to understaffs

The most enjoyable part of the job getting to interact with the clients. Helping them with their needs. This job can be quite stressful due to the lack of staff. management may ask u to do double shift for the same day which can be quite tiring. work culture is pretty good. Some houses are quite easy but some houses are quite complicated so you really need to be prepared.

Pros

Free food

Wasted Time

I really loved learning the job and was so excited to get started, I felt like the process of when I got the job and actually started working took too long it was at least a month before I went out on the job. as for the training, I thought it was slack especially if you hadn't worked in a healthcare setting before eg testing me on equipment I never seen nor used before. communication with admin and head office was so terrible I had to ask the same questions over and over with no results it's like they don't talk to each other.I really really enjoyed meeting clients though that was the one save, all in all, I'm leaving as I can't seem to get any further I'm pretty disappointed really I was so looking forward to this job.

Pros

Clients

Cons

communication, training

Co-workers are great.

If you aren't with the in crowd, then you're out.I moved from another provider and worked hard from day 1 and still work hard.Looking after and seeing a smile on the clients face is priceless.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours, driving in between. Not getting recognized for the work one does.

Productive and fun work place

I learned many different things. Before start wotking They gave training and support whilst I was working at that Company. The manager also went to the house where I was working to give some advice. Great Company and great employees.

Pros

Job plan and freedom to deal with the client

Cons

Distance to visit different clients

Productive and fun

7 days per week, 3 times per day most times. learned to work individually with trust. Management staff were great, the hardest part was learning the hoists but very enjoyable.

Pros

happy clients

Cons

short hoours

i worked for this company

I worked for this company for 4 years. I left as they were placing me with clients that were sexually inappropriate. The office people are hard to deal with. I worked here during the time i studied at university.

Review

Good colleagues good training, great clients and support workers. Have enjoyed my time here however business is restructuring and been made redundant

well organised, salary was good

I loved to work for this company. I had many memories which I cannot forget. They provided lots of various work opportunities. Their system was well organised and well managed.

Good

Good place to work at. I have gained so much experience i enjoy my job as a community based support worker. Best job I have had get to meet new clients, learn how to deal with difficult clients, being a ear for them to vent to.. Helping clients get there independence back and going home happy because clients have everything they need due to our help and support.

I wouldn't work here

Management and Care Co-ordinators jobs have been cut nation wide due to Corporate greed. Everything is now being done by phone and online maps. This company is a joke. Neglect and abuse from company failure to provide proper care will happen.

Jobs at Healthcare NZ

See more jobs

Enjoyed the work..but struggled with communication

Enjoyed clients..but communication difficulties and frustration with my clients not getting care at all or getting inadequate care when I was away.on leave

Pros

Great working in community helping people stay in their own homes, Also flexible hours to be able to work around my kids

Cons

Communication, alot of pressure to take on extra hours at no notice..

Flexible timetable and relaxed workload

Balanced work and private life. Good compensation and benefits. Also they provided health insurances for us. They also gave us gas allowances. And before you book a client for a job, they will brief you first about everything and ask you if you want to take it or not. If you signed a contract stating you are to work 30hrs. per week then you will pe paid for 30hrs. even if you didn't have a 30hrs. workload.

Healthcare company to work for

Fantastic employer, consider workplace, all clients were lovely to work for. Fellow workers were supportive and caring. Great environment to work in. A1

The wave where poor back when I worked for healthcare

The wage have increased since I have worked for healthcare I was on minimum wage even when I had the certificate for A.C.E aged care. But I do think we do deserve the pay rise thanks to government Dept

fun work place

The hardest part is when there is no travel time between clients and you will get blamed by clients being late which was not a workers problem and nobody listens to that.sometimes one client is in one side of the town and next client is in the other side of the town and no travel time and you are supposed to fly ???

Enjoyed this company

I was with them for a short time bit had work constantly I even got to meet new faces. I was working with paraplegic etc. I liked the regional manager she looked after you

Rewarding

This support may consist of household management such as cleaning, washing, ironing, vacuuming and cooking for residents. Furthermore, I had to provide personal care such as bathing, toileting and assisting residents with their personal grooming and sometimes with medication. Lastly, I followed a complete training with ”Health Care” in order to achieve this role. It is a very rewarding position which allow to aid residents in their daily life and to create a bond with them.

Day in the life of A daily care-giver

Everyday is different depending on on clients mood. I have learnt to to adjust to my clients clients moods but, at the same time follow there service plan. I have learnt to be kind and caring to my client and listen to them.to help solve there problems in a peacefully way. I love to manage my responsibilities as a care-giver giving special needs to details. Follow the clients service plan and direction from our service managers. I am the prime care-giver for our time. Every moth we have a meeting to discuss any concerns and organize holidays leaves or days off who will cover for that person. At the work place we all get along our main purpose is to care for the welfare and care of the client. Any problem has to be discuss with me to sort it out.in private as soon as possible. Many of the problem has nothing to do with the job but it interferes with there job. If the client has a culture want us to treat him with his culture we will be happen to help him if it is with in our power. As many of us have our own beliefs and culture but we will sort it out. The hardest part of the job will be the clients mental state of mind this will effect his moods and the way the care-givers and how they handle the problem. This is when we need to show extraordinary patient and kindness. Listen to them at the same time don't over step work policies. You care have the whole day or a half to calm the client down. make them a cup of tea calm them down and put them to bed for a rest. Coming to work and seeing a smile on the the client face and the client appreciate -

Pros

The pros are making the right decision for the client an d seeing the benefits it has achieved

Cons

the clients health has deteriorate and is not getting better sooner.

Extremely bad management in Hamilton

Not at all helpful. You don't have any job security. Selfish coordinators in Hamilton. If you are looking for a company with good management and support then this is absolutely a rubbish place. Only the best part is the co workers. It's my experience from Hamilton only.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Rubbish coordinators in Hamilton

Loyal to our elders and disabled clients

Great employment opportunities to gain knowledge in nursing. Excellent management. Loyal and respectful to both clients and employees. I was a caregiver in a disabled home in Wellington and wish I never Left. Tight neat company. With a diverse range of carers, with caring loving matured natured Caregivers. Great work - family balance.

Pros

Going home with pride and joy. Being a companion to our most needing..

Cons

Losing those who compliment u and speak highly about you daily to friend's n family die.

Caregiving is a demanding and stressful occupation but you learn to care for vulnerable people who have no one. Compassion and empathy is necessary for this type of work.

Pros

Friendships

Cons

Clients change all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare NZ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Healthcare NZ