Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

Extremely bad management in Hamilton
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato30 April 2019
Not at all helpful. You don't have any job security. Selfish coordinators in Hamilton. If you are looking for a company with good management and support then this is absolutely a rubbish place. Only the best part is the co workers. It's my experience from Hamilton only.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rubbish coordinators in Hamilton
Loyal to our elders and disabled clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington23 April 2019
Great employment opportunities to gain knowledge in nursing.
Excellent management.
Loyal and respectful to both clients and employees.
I was a caregiver in a disabled home in Wellington and wish I never Left.
Tight neat company. With a diverse range of carers, with caring loving matured natured Caregivers.
Great work - family balance.
Pros
Going home with pride and joy. Being a companion to our most needing..
Cons
Losing those who compliment u and speak highly about you daily to friend's n family die.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay, Hastings7 November 2018
Caregiving is a demanding and stressful occupation but you learn to care for vulnerable people who have no one. Compassion and empathy is necessary for this type of work.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Clients change all the time
productive
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland27 October 2018
Good pay, good hours, fairly easy the contact with office staff, very often attends to requests by field workers in good time but lack of progress individually.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a boring job
Respect and dignity, importance
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury12 August 2018
My clients were amazing but my boss was very hard to get a hold of and very unorganized. Always having to.work 24 hour shifts as no one sorted rosters ect.
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
Unorganized
Good clients
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South Auckland, Auckland19 July 2018
I find the after hours staff and some of the management personale rather rude and condescending, they refuse to listen and fail to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. They (management) are absolutely quick to reign down authority and to are very quick to let you know that support workers are very replaceable but also wonder why they are short on workers..
HCNZ promise that all employees will be fully trained and receive level 2-3 national certificates, along with pay rises and regular pay reviews which sounds promising but for a the majority of long term employees this is not the reality, if you ask about the certificate after being trained all you get is excuses apon excuses, even from the most senior of management. You are supposed to get paid when a client cancels an appointment ... well what HCNZ say and do can be two entirely different things - my advice "check your pay slip". HCNZ also do not allow enough time between clients so get use to explaining lateness to angry clients... oh and whoever calculates the travel reimbursements clearly has absolutely no idea or even a remote clue about the reality of Auckland traffic or the price of gas yet how to operate a calculator.
Pros
Good clients, good hours.
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, uncompromising, unability to listen, comprehension difficulties.
Innovative,friendly,goal oriented
Registered Nurse (Student ) (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury1 July 2018
The experience in New Zealand was an eye opener.It helped me to be knowledgful about the laws here,the health system and how it works.More over it helped to be more positive and efficient.
Productive and fun workplace
Full-time Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty7 May 2018
A typical day at work from 9am to 4.30pm. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them with their daily activities. Very supportive management.
enjoy my work
Advanced Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blenheim, Marlborough11 April 2018
I love my job looking after the elderly caring for them in either PC or HM getting to know them in their own homes having fun laughter with them and being there for the sad times too. Giving them 100% of my time energy while I'm in their home.
Worked by myself most of the time
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui20 March 2018
I enjoyed looking after the clients and learning new skills. Having guaranteed hours. I showered most clients in the morning and Meds and safety checks in the evening.
Pros
Free gloves, aprons, guarantee hours
Cons
Lack of communication and support
Fun productive workplace
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch11 March 2018
Very minimal work
I gained a National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support while an employee. Over my time there I throughly enjoyed being A CSW
fun enviroment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Waitakere, Auckland20 February 2018
prepare what they are having for lunch
doing dishes gettting ready for the next course proving good service
interacting with clients how they like eating there food getting use to whos having what knowing the protacals of the place the long hours having a full time job somewhere you can make a diiffrence providing for the elderly
Pros
working full time employment
What I learned
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northshore6 February 2018
I learned that life is full of uncertainties. One must enjoy life to the fullest while it lasts. Family and friends are the most important commodity. Forgive and forget and empathy is the biggest virtue.
Pros
Meet people with different diagnosis
Cons
Meet people with different diagnosis
I started back with healthcare in 2013 , I have enjoyed working here
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua29 December 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company, and with all the carers. There courses I've found very had as there classes I feel are to big and you don't get enough time to take it all in.. I am prepared to work as many hours as possible and love being a caregiver..
I started back with healthcare in 2013 , I have enjoyed working here
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua29 December 2017
Diverse, fun workplace
community health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland30 November 2017
I enjoyed working with people from different cultural backgrounds. I was also grateful for the opportunity to earn Certificates in Aged Care Health and Disability, Level 2 and 3. I believe that I spent my 6 years well as their employee.
Making a difference
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland19 November 2017
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you meet a lot of new people, see how they live day to day and being able to see the difference you make in their life by being there to assist them through their day. Make them smile and happy to have someone that helps them and cares for them when they need the help.
Productive working environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui15 November 2017
Great people, great manager, very busy but not much room for growth or change of position. Willing to try new things. Supportive with training given.
Pros
Great group events, sociable
Cons
Sometimes not flexible
enjoyable,reliable and fun too
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 October 2017
I have been working in this company for 5 years and I experience the reliable and also really enjoy this job so I do need extra hours to work part-time during the day for another Client....thanks
Productive and well run organisation.
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay16 January 2017
Excellent management, therefore, excellent workplace. Co-workers, patients and their families worked well together, ensuring best possible outcomes for all parties concerned.
Pros
Working with various and diverse cultures.
Cons
Loosing patients to terminal illness.