Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Healthcare company to work for
Fantastic employer, consider workplace, all clients were lovely to work for. Fellow workers were supportive and caring. Great environment to work in. A1
The wave where poor back when I worked for healthcare
The wage have increased since I have worked for healthcare I was on minimum wage even when I had the certificate for A.C.E aged care. But I do think we do deserve the pay rise thanks to government Dept
Enjoyed this company
I was with them for a short time bit had work constantly I even got to meet new faces. I was working with paraplegic etc. I liked the regional manager she looked after you
Loyal to our elders and disabled clients
Great employment opportunities to gain knowledge in nursing.
Excellent management.

Loyal and respectful to both clients and employees.

I was a caregiver in a disabled home in Wellington and wish I never Left.

Tight neat company. With a diverse range of carers, with caring loving matured natured Caregivers.

Great work - family balance.
Pros
Going home with pride and joy. Being a companion to our most needing..
Cons
Losing those who compliment u and speak highly about you daily to friend's n family die.
Caregiving is a demanding and stressful occupation but you learn to care for vulnerable people who have no one. Compassion and empathy is necessary for this type of work.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Clients change all the time
fun enviroment
prepare what they are having for lunch
doing dishes gettting ready for the next course proving good service

interacting with clients how they like eating there food getting use to whos having what knowing the protacals of the place the long hours having a full time job somewhere you can make a diiffrence providing for the elderly
Pros
working full time employment
I started back with healthcare in 2013 , I have enjoyed working here
I have enjoyed working for this company, and with all the carers. There courses I've found very had as there classes I feel are to big and you don't get enough time to take it all in.. I am prepared to work as many hours as possible and love being a caregiver..
I started back with healthcare in 2013 , I have enjoyed working here
enjoyable,reliable and fun too
I have been working in this company for 5 years and I experience the reliable and also really enjoy this job so I do need extra hours to work part-time during the day for another Client....thanks
challanging
love working here very rewarding when it came to helping the clients allof our co-workers had to work well as a team .mangement was brilliant i could,nt of asked for a better place to work .
Pros
rewarding
Cons
challenging
To many levels of management, the communication was poor and training was poor.
Although I did enjoy the job, the level of professionalism especially from lower management was poor. The lack of professional boundaries implemented by coordinators confused the worked in the field. The lack of organisation and planning made it very difficult to establish was was needed workers on a day-to-day basis.
Interesting
8.am start showering some clients and cleaning homes

Learnt how to deal with the aged in there homes

Management was well structured

Mainly worked on my own but when i was with co-workers very good

The hardest part was leaving client when i had finished my duties

The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people
Pros
being of help to people
Cons
felt sad for some people
rewarding
i enjoyed working for hcnz as it was rewarding, when you know you have made a positive difference to someone in need. however it was sad when a client was hospitalised or had passed away. it wasnt easy to hide my emotions
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
very varied work,good learning opportunities,dedicated team,supportive,
my typical day starts at 7am my first client,where I travel to my client in Judea.I shower,dress,apply particular creams for excema,muscle pain.
I have learnt to have a good sense of humour where sometimes clients can be considerably down.I have learnt to set small challenges which give them hope and satisfaction.

Everybody is different so have leant adaptability

Discretion

My co workers I have built up a good repore with and often work as a team,with constant communication.

Self managing which appeals,although always respect superiors and advice.Sometimes have had too think on my feet.

enjoyable parts of being a carer is the smiles and the sharing of peoples lives when sometimes this is not obtained through the families.
Pros
self management thinking on your feet
healthcare nz
enjoy working for this company but I am looking for a little extra in way of work hours and clients.weekend work I prefer not to work but find due to low wages there is no choice.
Cons
e
Company always attempts to match clients with appropriate care givers.
The day is spent going from client to client, assisting in whatever ways necessary to enable the client to remain in their own home.
Interesting sessions are often held to enhance care giver's skills in various situations.

Management are friendly and helpful at all times.

An opportunity to meet co-workers is well received by all.
Pros
Meeting a wide range of people in the community and hearing their life experiences
Cons
Unrealistic petrol allowances given the amount of travelling required.