Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker23 reviews
New Zealand23 reviews
well organised, salary was good
I loved to work for this company.
I had many memories which I cannot forget.

They provided lots of various work opportunities.

Their system was well organised and well managed.
Good
Good place to work at. I have gained so much experience i enjoy my job as a community based support worker. Best job I have had get to meet new clients, learn how to deal with difficult clients, being a ear for them to vent to.. Helping clients get there independence back and going home happy because clients have everything they need due to our help and support.
Enjoyed the work..but struggled with communication
Enjoyed clients..but communication difficulties and frustration with my clients not getting care at all or getting inadequate care when I was away.on leave
Pros
Great working in community helping people stay in their own homes, Also flexible hours to be able to work around my kids
Cons
Communication, alot of pressure to take on extra hours at no notice..
Rewarding
This support may consist of household management such as cleaning, washing, ironing, vacuuming and cooking for residents. Furthermore, I had to provide personal care such as bathing, toileting and assisting residents with their personal grooming and sometimes with medication. Lastly, I followed a complete training with ”Health Care” in order to achieve this role.
It is a very rewarding position which allow to aid residents in their daily life and to create a bond with them.
Extremely bad management in Hamilton
Not at all helpful. You don't have any job security. Selfish coordinators in Hamilton. If you are looking for a company with good management and support then this is absolutely a rubbish place. Only the best part is the co workers. It's my experience from Hamilton only.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rubbish coordinators in Hamilton
productive
Good pay, good hours, fairly easy the contact with office staff, very often attends to requests by field workers in good time but lack of progress individually.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a boring job
Respect and dignity, importance
My clients were amazing but my boss was very hard to get a hold of and very unorganized. Always having to.work 24 hour shifts as no one sorted rosters ect.
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
Unorganized
Good clients
I find the after hours staff and some of the management personale rather rude and condescending, they refuse to listen and fail to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. They (management) are absolutely quick to reign down authority and to are very quick to let you know that support workers are very replaceable but also wonder why they are short on workers..
HCNZ promise that all employees will be fully trained and receive level 2-3 national certificates, along with pay rises and regular pay reviews which sounds promising but for a the majority of long term employees this is not the reality, if you ask about the certificate after being trained all you get is excuses apon excuses, even from the most senior of management. You are supposed to get paid when a client cancels an appointment ... well what HCNZ say and do can be two entirely different things - my advice "check your pay slip". HCNZ also do not allow enough time between clients so get use to explaining lateness to angry clients... oh and whoever calculates the travel reimbursements clearly has absolutely no idea or even a remote clue about the reality of Auckland traffic or the price of gas yet how to operate a calculator.
Pros
Good clients, good hours.
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, uncompromising, unability to listen, comprehension difficulties.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Healthcare NZ?
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work from 9am to 4.30pm. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them with their daily activities. Very supportive management.
enjoy my work
I love my job looking after the elderly caring for them in either PC or HM getting to know them in their own homes having fun laughter with them and being there for the sad times too. Giving them 100% of my time energy while I'm in their home.
Worked by myself most of the time
I enjoyed looking after the clients and learning new skills. Having guaranteed hours. I showered most clients in the morning and Meds and safety checks in the evening.
Pros
Free gloves, aprons, guarantee hours
Cons
Lack of communication and support
Fun productive workplace
Very minimal work
I gained a National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support while an employee. Over my time there I throughly enjoyed being A CSW
What I learned
I learned that life is full of uncertainties. One must enjoy life to the fullest while it lasts. Family and friends are the most important commodity. Forgive and forget and empathy is the biggest virtue.
Pros
Meet people with different diagnosis
Cons
Meet people with different diagnosis
Making a difference
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you meet a lot of new people, see how they live day to day and being able to see the difference you make in their life by being there to assist them through their day. Make them smile and happy to have someone that helps them and cares for them when they need the help.
I have found Healthcare NZ good to work for.
Even though I have received affirmation from the company that I am doing a good job, I have come to recognise that this role is one I am not really comfortable in.
The clients I work with have been wonderful, and it is rewarding to be able to provide the help requested by the company service plan, to the best of my ability.

I find that I personally still desire to work in an administrative situation, but I will continue to do my best to work well, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so until my situation changes.

I find this role can be very isolating, as I am not permitted to create close friendships with my clients, and the opportunity to meet with other support workers for encouragement is very limited.
Pros
There is a lot of flexibility with hours worked.
Cons
It can be quite stressful at times, travelling between clients homes in busy traffic.
flexiable
its very flexible and time management
travel to clients just a breeze loving clients sometime you lose clients to rest home and sometimes you get more clients and new clients nice to have different client and they are very nice.
Pros
meet new clients all the time
Cons
can be long hours
I like working at one place than visiting alot of places
It is fun meeting new people.I have learned how to look after elderly and make sure they're safe and sound,also i can work without a supervisor or boss around.The hardest part is to drive to client's places,and the most enjoyable part is when i had to listen to their stories and have a cup of coffee or tea.
Pros
Free coffee or tea
Cons
i like overtime
great company to work for
a typical day at work can be very busy,not to mention interesting with lots of lovely people to work for and help out.on a daily basis,love the job and the people.I get alot of satisfaction being able to provide support in so many ways,and knowing that i am appreciated for the help im able to provide to my clients.
Pros
lovely clients to help
Cons
can be long hours
not efficient
unorganised office staff.
clean and shower the elderly, drove from client to client

meet some lovely people
Pros
hours to suit
Cons
not enough hours when requested and pay not great
friendly and caring
Its a lovely company to work for, I just need more work now that I have finished studying for the year.
Pros
i get to travel around everywhere
Cons
not enough hours
low self esteem and not many hours
I have back to back clients with no time for breaks. I work alone with no team back up and no socialisation with other co workers.
Pros
free training when it is offered to us
Cons
no breaks available and inconsisent hours and low pay