Healthcare NZ Management reviews

Extremely bad management in Hamilton
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato30 April 2019
Not at all helpful. You don't have any job security. Selfish coordinators in Hamilton. If you are looking for a company with good management and support then this is absolutely a rubbish place. Only the best part is the co workers. It's my experience from Hamilton only.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rubbish coordinators in Hamilton
Loyal to our elders and disabled clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington23 April 2019
Great employment opportunities to gain knowledge in nursing.
Excellent management.
Loyal and respectful to both clients and employees.
I was a caregiver in a disabled home in Wellington and wish I never Left.
Tight neat company. With a diverse range of carers, with caring loving matured natured Caregivers.
Great work - family balance.
Pros
Going home with pride and joy. Being a companion to our most needing..
Cons
Losing those who compliment u and speak highly about you daily to friend's n family die.
Good clients
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South Auckland, Auckland19 July 2018
I find the after hours staff and some of the management personale rather rude and condescending, they refuse to listen and fail to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. They (management) are absolutely quick to reign down authority and to are very quick to let you know that support workers are very replaceable but also wonder why they are short on workers..
HCNZ promise that all employees will be fully trained and receive level 2-3 national certificates, along with pay rises and regular pay reviews which sounds promising but for a the majority of long term employees this is not the reality, if you ask about the certificate after being trained all you get is excuses apon excuses, even from the most senior of management. You are supposed to get paid when a client cancels an appointment ... well what HCNZ say and do can be two entirely different things - my advice "check your pay slip". HCNZ also do not allow enough time between clients so get use to explaining lateness to angry clients... oh and whoever calculates the travel reimbursements clearly has absolutely no idea or even a remote clue about the reality of Auckland traffic or the price of gas yet how to operate a calculator.
Pros
Good clients, good hours.
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, uncompromising, unability to listen, comprehension difficulties.
Productive and fun workplace
Full-time Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty7 May 2018
A typical day at work from 9am to 4.30pm. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them with their daily activities. Very supportive management.
Productive and well run organisation.
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay16 January 2017
Excellent management, therefore, excellent workplace. Co-workers, patients and their families worked well together, ensuring best possible outcomes for all parties concerned.
Pros
Working with various and diverse cultures.
Cons
Loosing patients to terminal illness.
flexiable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, N2 November 2015
its very flexible and time management
travel to clients just a breeze loving clients sometime you lose clients to rest home and sometimes you get more clients and new clients nice to have different client and they are very nice.
Pros
meet new clients all the time
Cons
can be long hours
To many levels of management, the communication was poor and training was poor.
Care-giver (Former Employee) –  Dunedin21 October 2015
Although I did enjoy the job, the level of professionalism especially from lower management was poor. The lack of professional boundaries implemented by coordinators confused the worked in the field. The lack of organisation and planning made it very difficult to establish was was needed workers on a day-to-day basis.
Interesting
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whakatane New Zealand1 August 2015
8.am start showering some clients and cleaning homes

Learnt how to deal with the aged in there homes

Management was well structured

Mainly worked on my own but when i was with co-workers very good

The hardest part was leaving client when i had finished my duties

The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people
Pros
being of help to people
Cons
felt sad for some people
very varied work,good learning opportunities,dedicated team,supportive,
personal carer (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, N4 March 2015
my typical day starts at 7am my first client,where I travel to my client in Judea.I shower,dress,apply particular creams for excema,muscle pain.
I have learnt to have a good sense of humour where sometimes clients can be considerably down.I have learnt to set small challenges which give them hope and satisfaction.
Everybody is different so have leant adaptability

Discretion

My co workers I have built up a good repore with and often work as a team,with constant communication.

Self managing which appeals,although always respect superiors and advice.Sometimes have had too think on my feet.

enjoyable parts of being a carer is the smiles and the sharing of peoples lives when sometimes this is not obtained through the families.
Pros
self management thinking on your feet
nice job
health worker (Former Employee) –  Marton, N23 February 2014
good people to work with, meet alot of different people cultures etc. management was good.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Company always attempts to match clients with appropriate care givers.
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Rotorua29 April 2013
The day is spent going from client to client, assisting in whatever ways necessary to enable the client to remain in their own home.
Interesting sessions are often held to enhance care giver's skills in various situations.
Management are friendly and helpful at all times.
An opportunity to meet co-workers is well received by all.
Pros
Meeting a wide range of people in the community and hearing their life experiences
Cons
Unrealistic petrol allowances given the amount of travelling required.