Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Work–Life Balance reviews

I loved to work for this company. I had many memories which I cannot forget. They provided lots of various work opportunities. Their system was well organised and well managed.
If you aren't with the in crowd, then you're out.I moved from another provider and worked hard from day 1 and still work hard.Looking after and seeing a smile on the clients face is priceless.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, driving in between. Not getting recognized for the work one does.
I learned many different things. Before start wotking They gave training and support whilst I was working at that Company. The manager also went to the house where I was working to give some advice. Great Company and great employees.
Pros
Job plan and freedom to deal with the client
Cons
Distance to visit different clients
Balanced work and private life. Good compensation and benefits. Also they provided health insurances for us. They also gave us gas allowances. And before you book a client for a job, they will brief you first about everything and ask you if you want to take it or not. If you signed a contract stating you are to work 30hrs. per week then you will pe paid for 30hrs. even if you didn't have a 30hrs. workload.
I was with them for a short time bit had work constantly I even got to meet new faces. I was working with paraplegic etc. I liked the regional manager she looked after you
Everyday is different depending on on clients mood. I have learnt to to adjust to my clients clients moods but, at the same time follow there service plan. I have learnt to be kind and caring to my client and listen to them.to help solve there problems in a peacefully way. I love to manage my responsibilities as a care-giver giving special needs to details. Follow the clients service plan and direction from our service managers. I am the prime care-giver for our time. Every moth we have a meeting to discuss any concerns and organize holidays leaves or days off who will cover for that person. At the work place we all get along our main purpose is to care for the welfare and care of the client. Any problem has to be discuss with me to sort it out.in private as soon as possible. Many of the problem has nothing to do with the job but it interferes with there job. If the client has a culture want us to treat him with his culture we will be happen to help him if it is with in our power. As many of us have our own beliefs and culture but we will sort it out. The hardest part of the job will be the clients mental state of mind this will effect his moods and the way the care-givers and how they handle the problem. This is when we need to show extraordinary patient and kindness. Listen to them at the same time don't over step work policies. You care have the whole day or a half to calm the client down. make them a cup of tea calm them down and put them to bed for a rest. Coming to work and seeing a smile on the the client face and the client appreciate - more...
Pros
The pros are making the right decision for the client an d seeing the benefits it has achieved
Cons
the clients health has deteriorate and is not getting better sooner.
prepare what they are having for lunch doing dishes gettting ready for the next course proving good service interacting with clients how they like eating there food getting use to whos having what knowing the protacals of the place the long hours having a full time job somewhere you can make a diiffrence providing for the elderly
Pros
working full time employment
Cons
I learned that life is full of uncertainties. One must enjoy life to the fullest while it lasts. Family and friends are the most important commodity. Forgive and forget and empathy is the biggest virtue.
Pros
Meet people with different diagnosis
Cons
Meet people with different diagnosis
I have enjoyed working for this company, and with all the carers. There courses I've found very had as there classes I feel are to big and you don't get enough time to take it all in.. I am prepared to work as many hours as possible and love being a caregiver..
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you meet a lot of new people, see how they live day to day and being able to see the difference you make in their life by being there to assist them through their day. Make them smile and happy to have someone that helps them and cares for them when they need the help.
Great people, great manager, very busy but not much room for growth or change of position. Willing to try new things. Supportive with training given.
Pros
Great group events, sociable
Cons
Sometimes not flexible
I have been working in this company for 5 years and I experience the reliable and also really enjoy this job so I do need extra hours to work part-time during the day for another Client....thanks
Excellent place to work. People are wonderful, plenty of variety in workload. Normal politics but this is expected in a large company. Working for the improvement of people is a great feeling.
its very flexible and time management travel to clients just a breeze loving clients sometime you lose clients to rest home and sometimes you get more clients and new clients nice to have different client and they are very nice.
Pros
meet new clients all the time
Cons
can be long hours
a typical day at work can be very busy,not to mention interesting with lots of lovely people to work for and help out.on a daily basis,love the job and the people.I get alot of satisfaction being able to provide support in so many ways,and knowing that i am appreciated for the help im able to provide to my clients.
Pros
lovely clients to help
Cons
can be long hours
i enjoyed working for hcnz as it was rewarding, when you know you have made a positive difference to someone in need. however it was sad when a client was hospitalised or had passed away. it wasnt easy to hide my emotions
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours