Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Healthcare NZ Employee Review

Good clients

19 July 2018
I find the after hours staff and some of the management personale rather rude and condescending, they refuse to listen and fail to comprehend the most basic forms of communication. They (management) are absolutely quick to reign down authority and to are very quick to let you know that support workers are very replaceable but also wonder why they are short on workers..
HCNZ promise that all employees will be fully trained and receive level 2-3 national certificates, along with pay rises and regular pay reviews which sounds promising but for a the majority of long term employees this is not the reality, if you ask about the certificate after being trained all you get is excuses apon excuses, even from the most senior of management. You are supposed to get paid when a client cancels an appointment ... well what HCNZ say and do can be two entirely different things - my advice "check your pay slip". HCNZ also do not allow enough time between clients so get use to explaining lateness to angry clients... oh and whoever calculates the travel reimbursements clearly has absolutely no idea or even a remote clue about the reality of Auckland traffic or the price of gas yet how to operate a calculator.
Pros
Good clients, good hours.
Cons
Poor management, poor communication skills, uncompromising, unability to listen, comprehension difficulties.
21 February 2020
I loved to work for this company.
I had many memories which I cannot forget.

They provided lots of various work opportunities.

Their system was well organised and well managed.
20 February 2020
Same role
Good place to work at. I have gained so much experience i enjoy my job as a community based support worker. Best job I have had get to meet new clients, learn how to deal with difficult clients, being a ear for them to vent to.. Helping clients get there independence back and going home happy because clients have everything they need due to our help and support.
1 February 2020
Same role
Enjoyed clients..but communication difficulties and frustration with my clients not getting care at all or getting inadequate care when I was away.on leave
Pros
Great working in community helping people stay in their own homes, Also flexible hours to be able to work around my kids
Cons
Communication, alot of pressure to take on extra hours at no notice..