Healthcare NZ

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

I started back with healthcare in 2013 , I have enjoyed working here
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua29 December 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company, and with all the carers. There courses I've found very had as there classes I feel are to big and you don't get enough time to take it all in.. I am prepared to work as many hours as possible and love being a caregiver..
Diverse, fun workplace
community health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland30 November 2017
I enjoyed working with people from different cultural backgrounds. I was also grateful for the opportunity to earn Certificates in Aged Care Health and Disability, Level 2 and 3. I believe that I spent my 6 years well as their employee.
Making a difference
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland19 November 2017
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you meet a lot of new people, see how they live day to day and being able to see the difference you make in their life by being there to assist them through their day. Make them smile and happy to have someone that helps them and cares for them when they need the help.
Productive working environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui15 November 2017
Great people, great manager, very busy but not much room for growth or change of position. Willing to try new things. Supportive with training given.
Pros
Great group events, sociable
Cons
Sometimes not flexible
enjoyable,reliable and fun too
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 October 2017
I have been working in this company for 5 years and I experience the reliable and also really enjoy this job so I do need extra hours to work part-time during the day for another Client....thanks
Productive and well run organisation.
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay16 January 2017
Excellent management, therefore, excellent workplace. Co-workers, patients and their families worked well together, ensuring best possible outcomes for all parties concerned.
Pros
Working with various and diverse cultures.
Cons
Loosing patients to terminal illness.
challanging
household manager and personal caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oamaru, Otago11 May 2016
love working here very rewarding when it came to helping the clients allof our co-workers had to work well as a team .mangement was brilliant i could,nt of asked for a better place to work .
Pros
rewarding
Cons
challenging
awsome company
Time management (Former Employee) –  chapel street masterton15 February 2016
Great company again loved my job here and was very sad to have to leave but circumstances changed which meant I lost my job. very flexible with hours and days worked and were always able to offer relief work if I asked for it or if it was available so was great on those weeks we struggled with extra bills.
I have found Healthcare NZ good to work for.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton East, Waikato27 January 2016
Even though I have received affirmation from the company that I am doing a good job, I have come to recognise that this role is one I am not really comfortable in.
The clients I work with have been wonderful, and it is rewarding to be able to provide the help requested by the company service plan, to the best of my ability.
I find that I personally still desire to work in an administrative situation, but I will continue to do my best to work well, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so until my situation changes.
I find this role can be very isolating, as I am not permitted to create close friendships with my clients, and the opportunity to meet with other support workers for encouragement is very limited.
Pros
There is a lot of flexibility with hours worked.
Cons
It can be quite stressful at times, travelling between clients homes in busy traffic.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant (EA) (Current Employee) –  Wellington New Zealand2 December 2015
Excellent place to work. People are wonderful, plenty of variety in workload. Normal politics but this is expected in a large company. Working for the improvement of people is a great feeling.
flexiable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, N2 November 2015
its very flexible and time management
travel to clients just a breeze loving clients sometime you lose clients to rest home and sometimes you get more clients and new clients nice to have different client and they are very nice.
Pros
meet new clients all the time
Cons
can be long hours
To many levels of management, the communication was poor and training was poor.
Care-giver (Former Employee) –  Dunedin21 October 2015
Although I did enjoy the job, the level of professionalism especially from lower management was poor. The lack of professional boundaries implemented by coordinators confused the worked in the field. The lack of organisation and planning made it very difficult to establish was was needed workers on a day-to-day basis.
Interesting
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whakatane New Zealand1 August 2015
8.am start showering some clients and cleaning homes

Learnt how to deal with the aged in there homes

Management was well structured

Mainly worked on my own but when i was with co-workers very good

The hardest part was leaving client when i had finished my duties

The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people
Pros
being of help to people
Cons
felt sad for some people
Training
Personal Care and Home management (Former Employee) –  Napier based28 July 2015
I liked to work with people of all ages and enjoy with the elderly and younger people, and any disablitlies, I like one on one and being in a team and having a great gsoh. Managing time and getting to terms with learning new challenges and new skills too.
The hardest part is usually was getting to the client up and showering and however they got up and successfully gained their confidence.
Pros
like the one to one
Cons
Sometimes got a bit lonely
I like working at one place than visiting alot of places
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Hillside Road Dunedin14 July 2015
It is fun meeting new people.I have learned how to look after elderly and make sure they're safe and sound,also i can work without a supervisor or boss around.The hardest part is to drive to client's places,and the most enjoyable part is when i had to listen to their stories and have a cup of coffee or tea.
Pros
Free coffee or tea
Cons
i like overtime
great company to work for
support worker,caregiver (Current Employee) –  whakatane16 June 2015
a typical day at work can be very busy,not to mention interesting with lots of lovely people to work for and help out.on a daily basis,love the job and the people.I get alot of satisfaction being able to provide support in so many ways,and knowing that i am appreciated for the help im able to provide to my clients.
Pros
lovely clients to help
Cons
can be long hours
rewarding
Support Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, S23 April 2015
i enjoyed working for hcnz as it was rewarding, when you know you have made a positive difference to someone in need. however it was sad when a client was hospitalised or had passed away. it wasnt easy to hide my emotions
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
very varied work,good learning opportunities,dedicated team,supportive,
personal carer (Current Employee) –  Tauranga, N4 March 2015
my typical day starts at 7am my first client,where I travel to my client in Judea.I shower,dress,apply particular creams for excema,muscle pain.
I have learnt to have a good sense of humour where sometimes clients can be considerably down.I have learnt to set small challenges which give them hope and satisfaction.
Everybody is different so have leant adaptability

Discretion

My co workers I have built up a good repore with and often work as a team,with constant communication.

Self managing which appeals,although always respect superiors and advice.Sometimes have had too think on my feet.

enjoyable parts of being a carer is the smiles and the sharing of peoples lives when sometimes this is not obtained through the families.
Pros
self management thinking on your feet
nice job
health worker (Former Employee) –  Marton, N23 February 2014
good people to work with, meet alot of different people cultures etc. management was good.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
not efficient
support worker (Former Employee) –  taupo22 February 2014
unorganised office staff.
clean and shower the elderly, drove from client to client
meet some lovely people
Pros
hours to suit
Cons
not enough hours when requested and pay not great