Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

New Zealand53 reviews
Good colleagues good training, great clients and support workers. Have enjoyed my time here however business is restructuring and been made redundant
I enjoyed looking after the clients and learning new skills. Having guaranteed hours. I showered most clients in the morning and Meds and safety checks in the evening.
Pros
Free gloves, aprons, guarantee hours
Cons
Lack of communication and support
Very minimal work
I gained a National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support while an employee. Over my time there I throughly enjoyed being A CSW
prepare what they are having for lunch
doing dishes gettting ready for the next course proving good service

interacting with clients how they like eating there food getting use to whos having what knowing the protacals of the place the long hours having a full time job somewhere you can make a diiffrence providing for the elderly
Pros
working full time employment
Cons
I learned that life is full of uncertainties. One must enjoy life to the fullest while it lasts. Family and friends are the most important commodity. Forgive and forget and empathy is the biggest virtue.
Pros
Meet people with different diagnosis
Cons
Meet people with different diagnosis
I have enjoyed working for this company, and with all the carers. There courses I've found very had as there classes I feel are to big and you don't get enough time to take it all in.. I am prepared to work as many hours as possible and love being a caregiver..
I enjoyed working with people from different cultural backgrounds. I was also grateful for the opportunity to earn Certificates in Aged Care Health and Disability, Level 2 and 3. I believe that I spent my 6 years well as their employee.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is you meet a lot of new people, see how they live day to day and being able to see the difference you make in their life by being there to assist them through their day. Make them smile and happy to have someone that helps them and cares for them when they need the help.
Great people, great manager, very busy but not much room for growth or change of position. Willing to try new things. Supportive with training given.
Pros
Great group events, sociable
Cons
Sometimes not flexible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Healthcare NZ?
I have been working in this company for 5 years and I experience the reliable and also really enjoy this job so I do need extra hours to work part-time during the day for another Client....thanks
Excellent management, therefore, excellent workplace. Co-workers, patients and their families worked well together, ensuring best possible outcomes for all parties concerned.
Pros
Working with various and diverse cultures.
Cons
Loosing patients to terminal illness.
love working here very rewarding when it came to helping the clients allof our co-workers had to work well as a team .mangement was brilliant i could,nt of asked for a better place to work .
Pros
rewarding
Cons
challenging
Great company again loved my job here and was very sad to have to leave but circumstances changed which meant I lost my job. very flexible with hours and days worked and were always able to offer relief work if I asked for it or if it was available so was great on those weeks we struggled with extra bills.
Even though I have received affirmation from the company that I am doing a good job, I have come to recognise that this role is one I am not really comfortable in.
The clients I work with have been wonderful, and it is rewarding to be able to provide the help requested by the company service plan, to the best of my ability.

I find that I personally still desire to work in an administrative situation, but I will continue to do my best to work well, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so until my situation changes.

I find this role can be very isolating, as I am not permitted to create close friendships with my clients, and the opportunity to meet with other support workers for encouragement is very limited.
Pros
There is a lot of flexibility with hours worked.
Cons
It can be quite stressful at times, travelling between clients homes in busy traffic.
Excellent place to work. People are wonderful, plenty of variety in workload. Normal politics but this is expected in a large company. Working for the improvement of people is a great feeling.
its very flexible and time management
travel to clients just a breeze loving clients sometime you lose clients to rest home and sometimes you get more clients and new clients nice to have different client and they are very nice.
Pros
meet new clients all the time
Cons
can be long hours
Although I did enjoy the job, the level of professionalism especially from lower management was poor. The lack of professional boundaries implemented by coordinators confused the worked in the field. The lack of organisation and planning made it very difficult to establish was was needed workers on a day-to-day basis.
8.am start showering some clients and cleaning homes

Learnt how to deal with the aged in there homes

Management was well structured

Mainly worked on my own but when i was with co-workers very good

The hardest part was leaving client when i had finished my duties

The most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people
Pros
being of help to people
Cons
felt sad for some people
I liked to work with people of all ages and enjoy with the elderly and younger people, and any disablitlies, I like one on one and being in a team and having a great gsoh. Managing time and getting to terms with learning new challenges and new skills too.
The hardest part is usually was getting to the client up and showering and however they got up and successfully gained their confidence.
Pros
like the one to one
Cons
Sometimes got a bit lonely
It is fun meeting new people.I have learned how to look after elderly and make sure they're safe and sound,also i can work without a supervisor or boss around.The hardest part is to drive to client's places,and the most enjoyable part is when i had to listen to their stories and have a cup of coffee or tea.
Pros
Free coffee or tea
Cons
i like overtime