Healthcare NZ

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

friendly and caring
community support worker (Former Employee) –  wellington, lower hutt16 November 2013
Its a lovely company to work for, I just need more work now that I have finished studying for the year.
Pros
i get to travel around everywhere
Cons
not enough hours
low self esteem and not many hours
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  manawatu11 November 2013
I have back to back clients with no time for breaks. I work alone with no team back up and no socialisation with other co workers.
Pros
free training when it is offered to us
Cons
no breaks available and inconsisent hours and low pay
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandra21 September 2013
Its a good place to work as you are out and about in the community with your clients do day to day living with them
Pros
good hours
healthcare nz
home assistant or personal carer (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, N16 September 2013
enjoy working for this company but I am looking for a little extra in way of work hours and clients.weekend work I prefer not to work but find due to low wages there is no choice.
Cons
e
Company always attempts to match clients with appropriate care givers.
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Rotorua29 April 2013
The day is spent going from client to client, assisting in whatever ways necessary to enable the client to remain in their own home.
Interesting sessions are often held to enhance care giver's skills in various situations.
Management are friendly and helpful at all times.
An opportunity to meet co-workers is well received by all.
Pros
Meeting a wide range of people in the community and hearing their life experiences
Cons
Unrealistic petrol allowances given the amount of travelling required.
A great place to work excellent staff backup
caregiver in clients own home (Former Employee) –  Opotiki New Zealand7 January 2013
I really did enjoy this work it was a very sad day when I left, All my clients had something to offer me whether it was a recipe to share.or words of wisdom.This job taught me to be strong as I had to help clients in their day to day living.I would say the hardest part of the job would have been when you lost someone thank goodness for the staff at the end of the phone,and the co-workers who you could visit and have a cup of tea and talk things over with.
Pros
i met a lot of wonderful people with some very interedting stories to tell
Cons
the pay was very poor
Quiet Productive.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N20 August 2012
It is always a challenge to working around people with special needs knowing that at the end of the day you have achieved to help someone in life. I have leaned to work in an environment of team work and what can be accomplished when there is Team work. Work has been well managed by the effort of everyone in the team. Co-workers very supportive. The hardest part of the job is when you no one to support you. The most enjoyable part is when you have achieved your goals regarding the duties assigned.
Pros
yes free lunches.
Cons
extra hours to do the job.