Healthcare NZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare NZ Employee Reviews

New Zealand54 reviews
Good colleagues good training, great clients and support workers. Have enjoyed my time here however business is restructuring and been made redundant
It is fun meeting new people.I have learned how to look after elderly and make sure they're safe and sound,also i can work without a supervisor or boss around.The hardest part is to drive to client's places,and the most enjoyable part is when i had to listen to their stories and have a cup of coffee or tea.
Pros
Free coffee or tea
Cons
i like overtime
a typical day at work can be very busy,not to mention interesting with lots of lovely people to work for and help out.on a daily basis,love the job and the people.I get alot of satisfaction being able to provide support in so many ways,and knowing that i am appreciated for the help im able to provide to my clients.
Pros
lovely clients to help
Cons
can be long hours
i enjoyed working for hcnz as it was rewarding, when you know you have made a positive difference to someone in need. however it was sad when a client was hospitalised or had passed away. it wasnt easy to hide my emotions
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
my typical day starts at 7am my first client,where I travel to my client in Judea.I shower,dress,apply particular creams for excema,muscle pain.
I have learnt to have a good sense of humour where sometimes clients can be considerably down.I have learnt to set small challenges which give them hope and satisfaction.

Everybody is different so have leant adaptability

Discretion

My co workers I have built up a good repore with and often work as a team,with constant communication.

Self managing which appeals,although always respect superiors and advice.Sometimes have had too think on my feet.

enjoyable parts of being a carer is the smiles and the sharing of peoples lives when sometimes this is not obtained through the families.
Pros
self management thinking on your feet
Cons
good people to work with, meet alot of different people cultures etc. management was good.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
unorganised office staff.
clean and shower the elderly, drove from client to client

meet some lovely people
Pros
hours to suit
Cons
not enough hours when requested and pay not great
Its a lovely company to work for, I just need more work now that I have finished studying for the year.
Pros
i get to travel around everywhere
Cons
not enough hours
I have back to back clients with no time for breaks. I work alone with no team back up and no socialisation with other co workers.
Pros
free training when it is offered to us
Cons
no breaks available and inconsisent hours and low pay
Its a good place to work as you are out and about in the community with your clients do day to day living with them
Pros
good hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Healthcare NZ?
enjoy working for this company but I am looking for a little extra in way of work hours and clients.weekend work I prefer not to work but find due to low wages there is no choice.
Cons
e
The day is spent going from client to client, assisting in whatever ways necessary to enable the client to remain in their own home.
Interesting sessions are often held to enhance care giver's skills in various situations.

Management are friendly and helpful at all times.

An opportunity to meet co-workers is well received by all.
Pros
Meeting a wide range of people in the community and hearing their life experiences
Cons
Unrealistic petrol allowances given the amount of travelling required.
I really did enjoy this work it was a very sad day when I left, All my clients had something to offer me whether it was a recipe to share.or words of wisdom.This job taught me to be strong as I had to help clients in their day to day living.I would say the hardest part of the job would have been when you lost someone thank goodness for the staff at the end of the phone,and the co-workers who you could visit and have a cup of tea and talk things over with.
Pros
i met a lot of wonderful people with some very interedting stories to tell
Cons
the pay was very poor
It is always a challenge to working around people with special needs knowing that at the end of the day you have achieved to help someone in life. I have leaned to work in an environment of team work and what can be accomplished when there is Team work. Work has been well managed by the effort of everyone in the team. Co-workers very supportive. The hardest part of the job is when you no one to support you. The most enjoyable part is when you have achieved your goals regarding the duties assigned.
Pros
yes free lunches.
Cons
extra hours to do the job.