Healthscope Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews

From serving to tea to delivering meals to patients on different wards with an exceptional staff, it have a good work environment with friendly employees who are willing to help each other.
Pros
Encouraging employees to try new things
Cons
Apply for work in public sector, this organisation is very controlled. Not much chances to move into different position/ upgrading. Very selective and biased with decision making.
Pros
Some Working colleagues are great
Cons
Minimum wage, controlling management
awful management skills
dream job opportunity /promotion lost !!!!! manipulated bullied and harassed tormented undermined not worked

Since then 2014 6 years of my life gone let alone all the other

Losses that money can’t buy like self respect no dignity and the worst thing my WORTH
No support from management and some RNs forget to support ENs leaving them open for loss of registration or legal litigation incorrect patients and nil onsite security to protect staff
Pros
Wages
Cons
Little support
Healthscope do not have the employee or the patient in mind.
Their focus is purely on profit.

No communication with the employees is taken in to consideration to build the business.

Corners are cut to save money in regards to sufficient staff being on deck.
Dedication professionals with a good staffing structure but limited funding and rewards. Positive people management and friendly culture. Experiencing a good growth in services.
Unsupported, bad culture, high pressure and stress
No flexibility on rostering

Unsafe practice

Abuse of power by NUM and ANUM

Bullying by hierarchy

No support for new grads or staff
Cons
No support
Supportive environment, with management and educators always available. Lots of opportunities for upskilling. Rosters are fairly distributed. Friendly supportive and welcoming culture, on every ward. Highly recommend.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Night shift, but this is a part of nursing
Loved working there with the patients and the nurses were amazing. Its a reasonably new hospital in a good location.
I worked in different departments and was able to get a good feel for the culture of the hospital
Very face paced working environment, stimulating. Challenged my skills, however, honed my organisational skills and learned new database skills.

Great staff to work with, Theatre Staff very helpful, Surgeons also supported me, therefore enabling the lists to production.

A really great company to work for and I was very sorry to leave the company. However, it was for family reasons to work closer to home.
Pros
Great support when required, was also encouraged to ask for help in required.
Cons
Some long days
Fast paced recovery unit . Staff very friendly and helpful. Great team spirit. Comprehensive education support.
Expensive parking but convenient to light rail and buses.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff
Cons
Often shift longer than scheduled
Generally very busy ward. Pre and post operative patients. Learnt varied cares wirth specific surgeries. Management could be better, however the nursing team are excellent. Staff to patient ratio's are too high, especially at night and makes it difficult to give the nursing care I want to.
I enjoy helping patients by nursing them back to health and empowering them to care for themselves.
Pros
Excellent Nursing team
Cons
Staff - patient ratios
Management is very bad unorginised uneducated and extremely rude, staff treated like slaves short staff 2 people in each shift with 5 operating theatres and 50+ operations daily
Cons
bad management
Enjoyed working with most Doctors and Nurses. More staff needed throughout the Hospital. Meals are great. Food staff are very helpful. Ward Nurses need more help.
Pros
very sociable
Cons
long hours, WHS poor
Typical day consisted of arriving at work, answering calls for FLEX and COBRA participants all day. FLEX questions about their accounts, such as balances, payments, claims payouts. COBRA questions about if their coverage was still active, whether they could just cover themselves or certain family members, when was the payments due.
Pros
Healthcare benefits. Understanding from the supervisor about personal issues.
Cons
Being told that you could only be away from your desk for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom.
I worked hard for HealthSCOPE, but they lost many contracts due to being apparently non-competitive in several markets. When this happened MANY people were "let go" due to minor indiscretions (being late back from break, not following instructions EXACTLY, etc.).

Originally there were 120 customer service employees hired there. When I left there were ten positons left.

Management was running scared. The people that I worked for would not defend their employees, would not try to help them if they were in a jam.
Pros
Worked hard.
Cons
Lousy support from supervisors.
Working at health scope lead to a variety of experiences, all of which helped me develop as a practice nurse. Cannot fault the organisation in any way.
.Healthscope is a strong National Healthcare provider, the governance and KPI management is a strong planned programmed with great operational networking and support programs
my role in Hotel service was a fruitful experience achieving high results in a National program
Very happy & satisfied with how health scope look after their patients & employees, very professional company
Management are always encouraging staff to further their knowledge & provide ample information about up coming courses & information sessions
Cons
Overall Healthscope was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time most specifically at Northpark private and The Melbourne Clinic in Melbourne. I was given opportunities to gain experience in intake coordination which is what I had hoped for when working there and I felt supported in a good enjoyable but professional work environment. I would recommend those two hospitals to work in and highly valued management at both also.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
N/a
everyday is different some days are harder than others but they are a very supportive place to work for. they are very big on training which is always good :)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthscope Limited. Our community is ready to answer.