Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews

Poor management
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 March 2019
Unsupported, bad culture, high pressure and stress
No flexibility on rostering
Unsafe practice
Abuse of power by NUM and ANUM
Bullying by hierarchy
No support for new grads or staff
Cons
No support
Excellent place to work
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knox Private Hospital22 February 2019
Supportive environment, with management and educators always available. Lots of opportunities for upskilling. Rosters are fairly distributed. Friendly supportive and welcoming culture, on every ward. Highly recommend.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Night shift, but this is a part of nursing
Productive and professional environment to work in
Full-time/Casual (Former Employee) –  Norwest Business Park NSW6 December 2018
Loved working there with the patients and the nurses were amazing. Its a reasonably new hospital in a good location.
I worked in different departments and was able to get a good feel for the culture of the hospital
Opportunities
Theatre Bookings Clerk (Former Employee) –  Randwick NSW11 November 2018
Very face paced working environment, stimulating. Challenged my skills, however, honed my organisational skills and learned new database skills.

Great staff to work with, Theatre Staff very helpful, Surgeons also supported me, therefore enabling the lists to production.

A really great company to work for and I was very sorry to leave the company. However, it was for family reasons to work closer to home.
Pros
Great support when required, was also encouraged to ask for help in required.
Cons
Some long days
Very Busy Recovery unit very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff.
Casual RN Recovery (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 September 2018
Fast paced recovery unit . Staff very friendly and helpful. Great team spirit. Comprehensive education support.
Expensive parking but convenient to light rail and buses.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff
Cons
Often shift longer than scheduled
Busy workplace, but rewarding
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW7 June 2018
Generally very busy ward. Pre and post operative patients. Learnt varied cares wirth specific surgeries. Management could be better, however the nursing team are excellent. Staff to patient ratio's are too high, especially at night and makes it difficult to give the nursing care I want to.
I enjoy helping patients by nursing them back to health and empowering them to care for themselves.
Pros
Excellent Nursing team
Cons
Staff - patient ratios
Sterilizing attendant-Loans coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW17 April 2018
Management is very bad unorginised uneducated and extremely rude, staff treated like slaves short staff 2 people in each shift with 5 operating theatres and 50+ operations daily
Cons
bad management
co-workers were great
Theatre Porter (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW12 April 2018
Enjoyed working with most Doctors and Nurses. More staff needed throughout the Hospital. Meals are great. Food staff are very helpful. Ward Nurses need more help.
Pros
very sociable
Cons
long hours, WHS poor
Overall work day.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR15 March 2018
Typical day consisted of arriving at work, answering calls for FLEX and COBRA participants all day. FLEX questions about their accounts, such as balances, payments, claims payouts. COBRA questions about if their coverage was still active, whether they could just cover themselves or certain family members, when was the payments due.
Pros
Healthcare benefits. Understanding from the supervisor about personal issues.
Cons
Being told that you could only be away from your desk for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom.
Small company with limited potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH6 March 2018
I worked hard for HealthSCOPE, but they lost many contracts due to being apparently non-competitive in several markets. When this happened MANY people were "let go" due to minor indiscretions (being late back from break, not following instructions EXACTLY, etc.).

Originally there were 120 customer service employees hired there. When I left there were ten positons left.

Management was running scared. The people that I worked for would not defend their employees, would not try to help them if they were in a jam.
Pros
Worked hard.
Cons
Lousy support from supervisors.
great workplace
Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Noosaville QLD28 February 2018
Working at health scope lead to a variety of experiences, all of which helped me develop as a practice nurse. Cannot fault the organisation in any way.
Hotel services
SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD4 February 2018
.Healthscope is a strong National Healthcare provider, the governance and KPI management is a strong planned programmed with great operational networking and support programs
my role in Hotel service was a fruitful experience achieving high results in a National program
great work place & environment to work
Hobart private hospital (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS22 January 2018
Very happy & satisfied with how health scope look after their patients & employees, very professional company
Management are always encouraging staff to further their knowledge & provide ample information about up coming courses & information sessions
Positive
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queensland13 November 2017
Overall Healthscope was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time most specifically at Northpark private and The Melbourne Clinic in Melbourne. I was given opportunities to gain experience in intake coordination which is what I had hoped for when working there and I felt supported in a good enjoyable but professional work environment. I would recommend those two hospitals to work in and highly valued management at both also.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
N/a
review
Enrolled Endorsed Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 October 2017
everyday is different some days are harder than others but they are a very supportive place to work for. they are very big on training which is always good :)
enjoy working there.
Enrolled Endorsed Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ringwood VIC11 September 2017
Extremely busy, very friendly homely everyone knows each other by name. More staff would be helpful so patients could get more time spent on attentive care. One extra person on a ward would relieve stress and pressure.
Customer Service
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  South eastern suburbs21 June 2017
Having the ability to work with people who are as committed to providing excellent customer service and empathy to our clients was the most rewarding experience.
During my employment I developed exceptional Phlebotomy skills, confidence in learning new policy and procedures and excellent time management skills.
It is a very busy work environment so it was necessary to keep upto date with stock control, appointments, paperwork, faxing etc.
Productive and good place for security
Commercial / Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW21 June 2017
Great management and clear view to improve the business within the company.
Staff and senior managers helpful and good to work with
team work always in place and training available to all staff
Poor, poor, poor
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 June 2017
Extremely disorganised hospital. No support from management whatsoever for overworked and underpaid staff. Very bad practices in place, to which management continue to turn a blind eye, as long as the work is done they don't care how many corners are cut. For a hospital that apparently provides "quality patient care", it does a very, very poor job at it. Never will I work for Healthscope again nor would I recommend family or friends attend this hospital.
Pros
Cons
Take your pick. They're all bad
very busy, tackles problems head-on
Occupational Health nurse (Former Employee) –  Midland WA11 April 2017
busy and varied
chaotic at times
most problems tackled head on and before they got out of hand
team players
hardest part of job was ringing patients
most enjoyable part was customers and their appreciation
doctors were pretty good in this practice
Pros
the round table discussions tea and lunch breaks
Cons
sitting too long dealing with results

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthscope Limited. Our community is ready to answer.