Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews

very helpful organisation. Full of opportunity
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 April 2017
Very busy ward (cardio-surgery). All the staffs are really helpful. I enjoy working within the organisation. The most hardest part of the job is that when the in-charge nurses expect us to do everything and they don't try and help when we are really busy.
Pros
Helpful Team
Generally Challenging
CSSD (Current Employee) –  Randwick NSW2 March 2017
Depends on the Manager.The current CSSD Manager is very supportive and innovative .Staff are less receptive as they find it hard to adapt to new technology and constantly changing environment.
Wages are not up to the industry standards.
Work times are very flexible ,supporting lifestyle balance.
Pros
flexible hours, recognising talent, room for promotion
Cons
comparatively low wages
Terrific currently winding down for festive break but generally really vibrant .
House person (Current Employee) –  Perth WA12 December 2016
Very consuming in that when its busy its really vibrant and rewarding sometimes over whelming when numbers increase and equally those are discharging but generally its a good place to work.Staff are friendly.
Pros
Downstairs cafe / staff are excellent / management are exceptional
Cons
not alot of hours at the moment
Growing company
Senior Clinical Coder (Current Employee) –  New Lambton NSW12 November 2016
This company is currently going thru change, with redevelopment. Over recent months there have been staff changes and still are. These have been good for the company. Currently there is no staff parking of the premises and that can add nearly another hour or so to a long working day. Working a 76 hour fortnight with restrictions on hours that can be worked.
team and management very good
Enviromental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 October 2016
was a great environment to work in friendly staff and management job was enjoyable as able to work unsupervised and praised for work done reconigition noted.
Pros
cleanlyness
Very unorganised hospital
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 September 2016
Not a professional place to work. Lots of miserable staff over worked and under paid. Would never work for health scope again. The management are very unorganised, lack of support and was over the politics.
Cons
Bad management
A Public Listed Healthcare Company that has a Family Business Environment
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Payroll Officer - Part Time1 August 2016
Working in a friendly team environment where hard work is acknowledged. Flexible working hours in ensuring deadlines are met. The Company has over 20,000 employees, which means the payroll team works very hard to ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time. The weekly process of payroll is challenging and rewarding when all employees are paid on time with little to no queries at the end of it all.
used to enjoy going to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingswood NSW12 April 2016
I enjoy going home knowing that I have done everything for my patients to the best of my abilities.
Generally a good company
Pros
nearby located
Cons
change in work culture, merely pushing production
nothing to exciting goes on at the hospital.,
cssd (Current Employee) –  Randwick NSW23 February 2016
check the list for your name to see what task you have been assign to. We rotate every 3 hours. I learn about instruments that the surgeon will use for an operation. How to use sterilising machine, and to make sure that the test has been clear to use.
The management is trying to re organise the department, so I am learning something new, and how to adjust myself to it. My co-workers are good some of them are quite lazy so others like myself will work extra hard to get task done on time. Which can get frustrating but I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
learned every day because ABI clients actions and mood are different everyday
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, VIC10 December 2015
good reputed company with helpful and cooperative management ,working ,good team mate .Hardest part of job is involvement of clients and enjoyable is when clients are happy with your service.
Westmead Hospital has a great learning environment
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westmead NSW4 November 2015
I gained many experiences working for Westmead Operating Theatres as Westmead Hospital is a teaching hospital and the second largest trauma centre in Sydney. I worked for the module that took care of all accident and emergency, orthopaedic and neuro surgeries.
Pros
Ability to wrk in many different areas of Operating Theatres to gain a better skill set
Cons
Managements inability to understand the responsibilities of being a Mother
A thorough place to work, has a nice atmosphere in Broken Hill
Pathology Collector (Current Employee) –  Collector, NSW30 October 2015
Have a well balanced tam of older empolyees, and they work well between themselves and multitask, multiskill and sort out shift changes or call in with no problems.
Pros
Short and Long shifts, Multiple Sites
Cons
Isolation to education
Very little training.......and support
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Swanston Street20 August 2015
Under paid and over worked with little training. No breaks to speak of...and supply your own tea/coffee/milk and mugs.......And clean up after others in the kitchen....some Doctors unpleasant...worst job I ever had.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
Work life at Healthscope
Pathology Collector (Current Employee) –  Collector, NSW4 July 2015
While been with Healthscope I have updated my skills with workplace training, which included online and face to face, also work at 2 Super Clinics which is also enjoyable as you work on your own and also get to talk sith Dr's, staff and patients.
Workplace colleges are friendly and there are times when staff do not see eye to eye on things.
I enjoy chatting with patients as some are not local so get me people from all over Australia. also get to chat the Drs from the RFDS, and also other outreach towns.
Pros
supplied uniform, flexible hrs most times
Cons
part time hrs
great place to work at
cleaning/support nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA11 May 2015
This is a fun place to work the hours are inconsistent due to current major renovations, whilst I am doing my degree they have been very good and given me very flexible hours . The staff are very compliant throughout and maintain a high standard of quality and ethics it has been a great diverse place to work in.
Pros
the standard is very high
Cons
the work is not always available
I loved my Job but not busy enough
Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh Qld21 March 2015
I started work at 6.30 to open for 7.00am I always started early as I like to prepare for the day ahead, I worked by myself in a clinic which meant that I had to be very organised and that I could handle any tests that the Doctors asked for. The hardest part of my day is when I wasn't busy, as I thrive on interaction with patients and customers, but my spare time i was always on the intranet system studying,The best part of my Job was with my regular patients who came in for their weekly tests etc.
Pros
Finished at 2.00pm
Cons
not getting any recognition for all the extra hrs after work free
bring a radio in the lunch room
Patient Service Assistant, Mayne Health (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Vic17 March 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with customers (patients) in my case. Love helping them listening to them, but over all working as a team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
friendly,professional and a resourceful environment.
disability support worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC3 January 2015
Health scope is a hospital based company and it has its pathology as well as community houses.i work as a disability support worker in a community house situated at Clayton, i have learned a lot in this profession like how to provide the good standard of care to the clients, i have got all the fair knowledge of tranfers using hoists and frames, how to take the clients out in community using electric as well as manual wheelchairs, how to to monitor the medications and to give all the personnel care to the clients as well. Sometimes,its difficult to handle the behavioral issues of the clients but then you have to be patient,calm and composed in dealing such behavioral issues.the job we do is challenging but the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get in helping the clients and when they show improvement after the kind of a support you provide them. if given a chance i will do the best of the abilities to fulfill the duties of my job.
thanx
Pros
free access of community
Cons
long hours and challenging behaviors.
Productive & friendly workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malvern18 November 2014
Most of my duties were, admissions, answering the phone, discharges, billing & pre-admission checks.

I learnt how to manage my time quite effectively.

My manager was always supportive & proactive in my development.

My colleagues were always friendly, respectful & professional. Made it a very pleasant work environment.
Professional, demanding, flexible
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne10 October 2014
A typical day is very busy. Its a large payroll so work is quite repetitive.
I am a very experienced officer and believe that some of my skills have been eroded while working here such as full end to end processing. My interpretive skills have grown though and my ability to work autonomously has grown substantially by necessity.

I find the management style to be reactionary rather than pro active.

My co-workers are for the most part a team of professional officers who perform very well under what is sometimes great pressure and possibly the best part of the job.

The hardest part is the lack of support from management.

The interaction with payees. I mostly enjoy being able to solve complex issues and the customer service role.
Pros
Some flexibility in work hours
Cons
No career prospects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthscope Limited. Our community is ready to answer.