Healthscope Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews

From serving to tea to delivering meals to patients on different wards with an exceptional staff, it have a good work environment with friendly employees who are willing to help each other.
Pros
Encouraging employees to try new things
Cons
Extremely busy, very friendly homely everyone knows each other by name. More staff would be helpful so patients could get more time spent on attentive care. One extra person on a ward would relieve stress and pressure.
Having the ability to work with people who are as committed to providing excellent customer service and empathy to our clients was the most rewarding experience.
During my employment I developed exceptional Phlebotomy skills, confidence in learning new policy and procedures and excellent time management skills.

It is a very busy work environment so it was necessary to keep upto date with stock control, appointments, paperwork, faxing etc.
Great management and clear view to improve the business within the company.
Staff and senior managers helpful and good to work with

team work always in place and training available to all staff
Extremely disorganised hospital. No support from management whatsoever for overworked and underpaid staff. Very bad practices in place, to which management continue to turn a blind eye, as long as the work is done they don't care how many corners are cut. For a hospital that apparently provides "quality patient care", it does a very, very poor job at it. Never will I work for Healthscope again nor would I recommend family or friends attend this hospital.
Pros
Cons
Take your pick. They're all bad
busy and varied
chaotic at times

most problems tackled head on and before they got out of hand

team players

hardest part of job was ringing patients

most enjoyable part was customers and their appreciation

doctors were pretty good in this practice
Pros
the round table discussions tea and lunch breaks
Cons
sitting too long dealing with results
Very busy ward (cardio-surgery). All the staffs are really helpful. I enjoy working within the organisation. The most hardest part of the job is that when the in-charge nurses expect us to do everything and they don't try and help when we are really busy.
Pros
Helpful Team
Depends on the Manager.The current CSSD Manager is very supportive and innovative .Staff are less receptive as they find it hard to adapt to new technology and constantly changing environment.
Wages are not up to the industry standards.

Work times are very flexible ,supporting lifestyle balance.
Pros
flexible hours, recognising talent, room for promotion
Cons
comparatively low wages
Very consuming in that when its busy its really vibrant and rewarding sometimes over whelming when numbers increase and equally those are discharging but generally its a good place to work.Staff are friendly.
Pros
Downstairs cafe / staff are excellent / management are exceptional
Cons
not alot of hours at the moment
This company is currently going thru change, with redevelopment. Over recent months there have been staff changes and still are. These have been good for the company. Currently there is no staff parking of the premises and that can add nearly another hour or so to a long working day. Working a 76 hour fortnight with restrictions on hours that can be worked.
was a great environment to work in friendly staff and management job was enjoyable as able to work unsupervised and praised for work done reconigition noted.
Pros
cleanlyness
Not a professional place to work. Lots of miserable staff over worked and under paid. Would never work for health scope again. The management are very unorganised, lack of support and was over the politics.
Cons
Bad management
Working in a friendly team environment where hard work is acknowledged. Flexible working hours in ensuring deadlines are met. The Company has over 20,000 employees, which means the payroll team works very hard to ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time. The weekly process of payroll is challenging and rewarding when all employees are paid on time with little to no queries at the end of it all.
I enjoy going home knowing that I have done everything for my patients to the best of my abilities.
Generally a good company
Pros
nearby located
Cons
change in work culture, merely pushing production
check the list for your name to see what task you have been assign to. We rotate every 3 hours. I learn about instruments that the surgeon will use for an operation. How to use sterilising machine, and to make sure that the test has been clear to use.
The management is trying to re organise the department, so I am learning something new, and how to adjust myself to it. My co-workers are good some of them are quite lazy so others like myself will work extra hard to get task done on time. Which can get frustrating but I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good reputed company with helpful and cooperative management ,working ,good team mate .Hardest part of job is involvement of clients and enjoyable is when clients are happy with your service.
I gained many experiences working for Westmead Operating Theatres as Westmead Hospital is a teaching hospital and the second largest trauma centre in Sydney. I worked for the module that took care of all accident and emergency, orthopaedic and neuro surgeries.
Pros
Ability to wrk in many different areas of Operating Theatres to gain a better skill set
Cons
Managements inability to understand the responsibilities of being a Mother
Have a well balanced tam of older empolyees, and they work well between themselves and multitask, multiskill and sort out shift changes or call in with no problems.
Pros
Short and Long shifts, Multiple Sites
Cons
Isolation to education
Under paid and over worked with little training. No breaks to speak of...and supply your own tea/coffee/milk and mugs.......And clean up after others in the kitchen....some Doctors unpleasant...worst job I ever had.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
While been with Healthscope I have updated my skills with workplace training, which included online and face to face, also work at 2 Super Clinics which is also enjoyable as you work on your own and also get to talk sith Dr's, staff and patients.
Workplace colleges are friendly and there are times when staff do not see eye to eye on things.

I enjoy chatting with patients as some are not local so get me people from all over Australia. also get to chat the Drs from the RFDS, and also other outreach towns.
Pros
supplied uniform, flexible hrs most times
Cons
part time hrs
This is a fun place to work the hours are inconsistent due to current major renovations, whilst I am doing my degree they have been very good and given me very flexible hours . The staff are very compliant throughout and maintain a high standard of quality and ethics it has been a great diverse place to work in.
Pros
the standard is very high
Cons
the work is not always available
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthscope Limited. Our community is ready to answer.