Healthscope Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews

From serving to tea to delivering meals to patients on different wards with an exceptional staff, it have a good work environment with friendly employees who are willing to help each other.
Pros
Encouraging employees to try new things
Cons
I started work at 6.30 to open for 7.00am I always started early as I like to prepare for the day ahead, I worked by myself in a clinic which meant that I had to be very organised and that I could handle any tests that the Doctors asked for. The hardest part of my day is when I wasn't busy, as I thrive on interaction with patients and customers, but my spare time i was always on the intranet system studying,The best part of my Job was with my regular patients who came in for their weekly tests etc.
Pros
Finished at 2.00pm
Cons
not getting any recognition for all the extra hrs after work free
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with customers (patients) in my case. Love helping them listening to them, but over all working as a team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Health scope is a hospital based company and it has its pathology as well as community houses.i work as a disability support worker in a community house situated at Clayton, i have learned a lot in this profession like how to provide the good standard of care to the clients, i have got all the fair knowledge of tranfers using hoists and frames, how to take the clients out in community using electric as well as manual wheelchairs, how to to monitor the medications and to give all the personnel care to the clients as well. Sometimes,its difficult to handle the behavioral issues of the clients but then you have to be patient,calm and composed in dealing such behavioral issues.the job we do is challenging but the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get in helping the clients and when they show improvement after the kind of a support you provide them. if given a chance i will do the best of the abilities to fulfill the duties of my job.
thanx
Pros
free access of community
Cons
long hours and challenging behaviors.
Most of my duties were, admissions, answering the phone, discharges, billing & pre-admission checks.

I learnt how to manage my time quite effectively.

My manager was always supportive & proactive in my development.

My colleagues were always friendly, respectful & professional. Made it a very pleasant work environment.
A typical day is very busy. Its a large payroll so work is quite repetitive.
I am a very experienced officer and believe that some of my skills have been eroded while working here such as full end to end processing. My interpretive skills have grown though and my ability to work autonomously has grown substantially by necessity.

I find the management style to be reactionary rather than pro active.

My co-workers are for the most part a team of professional officers who perform very well under what is sometimes great pressure and possibly the best part of the job.

The hardest part is the lack of support from management.

The interaction with payees. I mostly enjoy being able to solve complex issues and the customer service role.
Pros
Some flexibility in work hours
Cons
No career prospects
great to work with other employees who have like minded ideals about patient results being ready as soon as possible
Pros
after hours work
Cons
bad parking
Progressive thinking work environment with much professional expertise.
Supportive peers and management.

Flexible workplace looking after its staffs needs.
Pros
Regular supervision for nursing staff
Cons
Driving over large areas of Melbourne at times
I have worked at Allamanda Private Hospital for approximately 15 years and a great number of the staff have worked there for more than 20 years which indicates that we are happy in our jobs.
I have made many friends there and have the highest regard for the nursing staff. I have learnt computer programmes and much about the health industry. The hardest part of the job is time management as it is extremely busy and requires multi skilling.
Pros
Healthy inexpensive lunches available to the staff. Exercising classes offered. Social activities.
Cons
Distance from home.
My work place is excellent place to work, as found very supportive enviroment.
I like to work more with this company and looking for a full time position.
Pros
flexible roster
Cons
less work
I had good time with peaple at Healthscope, work was close to my house,we were like a family there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
it is shut down
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthscope Limited. Our community is ready to answer.