Healthscope Limited Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Very unorganised hospital
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 September 2016
Not a professional place to work. Lots of miserable staff over worked and under paid. Would never work for health scope again. The management are very unorganised, lack of support and was over the politics.
Cons
Bad management
bring a radio in the lunch room
Patient Service Assistant, Mayne Health (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Vic17 March 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with customers (patients) in my case. Love helping them listening to them, but over all working as a team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
friendly,professional and a resourceful environment.
disability support worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC3 January 2015
Health scope is a hospital based company and it has its pathology as well as community houses.i work as a disability support worker in a community house situated at Clayton, i have learned a lot in this profession like how to provide the good standard of care to the clients, i have got all the fair knowledge of tranfers using hoists and frames, how to take the clients out in community using electric as well as manual wheelchairs, how to to monitor the medications and to give all the personnel care to the clients as well. Sometimes,its difficult to handle the behavioral issues of the clients but then you have to be patient,calm and composed in dealing such behavioral issues.the job we do is challenging but the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get in helping the clients and when they show improvement after the kind of a support you provide them. if given a chance i will do the best of the abilities to fulfill the duties of my job.
thanx
Pros
free access of community
Cons
long hours and challenging behaviors.
Professional, demanding, flexible
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne10 October 2014
A typical day is very busy. Its a large payroll so work is quite repetitive.
I am a very experienced officer and believe that some of my skills have been eroded while working here such as full end to end processing. My interpretive skills have grown though and my ability to work autonomously has grown substantially by necessity.

I find the management style to be reactionary rather than pro active.

My co-workers are for the most part a team of professional officers who perform very well under what is sometimes great pressure and possibly the best part of the job.

The hardest part is the lack of support from management.

The interaction with payees. I mostly enjoy being able to solve complex issues and the customer service role.
Pros
Some flexibility in work hours
Cons
No career prospects
Typically a positive working environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 May 2014
Progressive thinking work environment with much professional expertise.
Supportive peers and management.
Flexible workplace looking after its staffs needs.
Pros
Regular supervision for nursing staff
Cons
Driving over large areas of Melbourne at times