Heartland Bank Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
over promised and under delivered
People and Culture (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland14 May 2019
I was employed by them on a fixed term contract and got the bullet under the 90 day trial.

As a brand new role to the organization (People and Culture coordinator ) two days training was an absolute disgrace. I was told by my direct manager that if this was a temp they wouldn't be getting extensive training. To be honest there were some teething problems at the begining .

I'd made suggestions to make my role easier as I was doing admin work for more than one devision. But of course none of my opinions were taken onboard. As my suggestions were increasing others workload- this also came down to employees not been familiar with software's and systems.

There was a misinterpretation of communication which lead to some problems but yet again were never addressed.

I used to ask one of the recruiters (who actually interviewed me) how I was getting on and was told good and then low and behold i got my termination letter and with no acceptable reason only that its not working out!

During my time there I had very little feedback/ catchups with my direct manager. It really says it all- 4 weeks isn't enough time to settle into an organisation.

I personally feel the easy was to resolve the problem was whip the rug from under me by abusing the 90 day trial period.
Pros
Free fruit & coffee
Cons
Lack of training, communication, no sense of ownership
wont return
Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland5 January 2018
The Bank involved no training and when they are busy you are thrown straight onto the phone with no knowledge of the products and are told to put customers on hold to learn about questions and queries that you yourself have no idea about. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no training no help with queries
Dont work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland26 October 2017
As a former manager at Heartland I would advise people to avoid it like the plague. While there are some good and even great people there, the senior leadership do not care about staff or customers. The CEO runs the business like a dictator - it's his way or the highway.

I've never seen a company with a higher turnover, and experienced, qualified, amazing staff quit within 3 months of joining on a regular basis.
Pros
Cons
Poor culture, poor management, badly run, no respect for front line staff
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Auckland28 November 2016
My five years at Heartland Bank was a busy role alongside two other Receptionist which made the days interesting as we had a great sense of humour. A typical day at work consist of managing a corporate switchboad and providing exceptional customer services, banking, dealing with suppliers, other administrative duties as required and working well under pressure. The hardest part of the job was leaving but due to restructuring I chose redundancy.
Productive and fun workplace
Investments Administrator/Compliance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Takapuna, Auckland1 August 2015
Fun work place with supportive colleagues and management. Not rushed to provide results, rather encouraged to be accurate and efficient. Awesome culture and team.
Pros
Laid-back yet hardworking atmosphere, celebratory morning teas