Heartland Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Heartland Bank Employee Reviews

New Zealand10 reviews
Stressful job role but this is recognised by the company and their benefits and salary package make up for it. Work life balance and a communal feel is clearly important to this company.
Good place to work. Friday drinks offered a good opportunity to make friends within work.

Very casual place to work with a relaxed environment. Good sense of community within the workplace.
Great place to work would highly recommend great work environment paid fairly good atmosphere and had various morning teas and team building. Can easily work your way up in the company as they have loads of opportunities
I would have to say that the management is the most shocking thing I've had to go through out of all of my experience working. No communication skills at all and because of that - it drags the overall culture right down for everyone.

Of course every department is different but my experience here after coming from 6+ years in various other workplaces with good to amazing work culture - this is most definitely the worst.

HR clearly don't care about anything you have to say. So if you have an issue, most likely it won't be taken seriously if it's about your upper management.

The only upside is you do meet nice people but after I over worked each day with not even a thank you for your time today or any type of incentive it can really make you feel worthless without asking for that much.

Personally, I've found out a lot of people have left due to one person in particular in head of management and wouldn't want anyone else to feel undervalued while working here.

So my advice - short term do it for efficiency. Long term - You will not be valued hence the massive turnover of staff.
I was employed by them on a fixed term contract and got the bullet under the 90 day trial.

As a brand new role to the organization (People and Culture coordinator ) two days training was an absolute disgrace. I was told by my direct manager that if this was a temp they wouldn't be getting extensive training. To be honest there were some teething problems at the begining .

I'd made suggestions to make my role easier as I was doing admin work for more than one devision. But of course none of my opinions were taken onboard. As my suggestions were increasing others workload- this also came down to employees not been familiar with software's and systems.

There was a misinterpretation of communication which lead to some problems but yet again were never addressed.

I used to ask one of the recruiters (who actually interviewed me) how I was getting on and was told good and then low and behold i got my termination letter and with no acceptable reason only that its not working out!

During my time there I had very little feedback/ catchups with my direct manager. It really says it all- 4 weeks isn't enough time to settle into an organisation.

I personally feel the easy was to resolve the problem was whip the rug from under me by abusing the 90 day trial period.
Pros
Free fruit & coffee
Cons
Lack of training, communication, no sense of ownership
The Bank involved no training and when they are busy you are thrown straight onto the phone with no knowledge of the products and are told to put customers on hold to learn about questions and queries that you yourself have no idea about. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no training no help with queries
As a former manager at Heartland I would advise people to avoid it like the plague. While there are some good and even great people there, the senior leadership do not care about staff or customers. The CEO runs the business like a dictator - it's his way or the highway.

I've never seen a company with a higher turnover, and experienced, qualified, amazing staff quit within 3 months of joining on a regular basis.
Pros
Cons
Poor culture, poor management, badly run, no respect for front line staff
Was not really challenged in the role, people that worked there had been there a long time. Cruisy 9-5 job working in an industry which i enjoyed. thanks
Pros
Low responsibility
Cons
staff restructure, non competitive product
My five years at Heartland Bank was a busy role alongside two other Receptionist which made the days interesting as we had a great sense of humour. A typical day at work consist of managing a corporate switchboad and providing exceptional customer services, banking, dealing with suppliers, other administrative duties as required and working well under pressure. The hardest part of the job was leaving but due to restructuring I chose redundancy.
Fun work place with supportive colleagues and management. Not rushed to provide results, rather encouraged to be accurate and efficient. Awesome culture and team.
Pros
Laid-back yet hardworking atmosphere, celebratory morning teas