HEB Construction Employee Reviews

hard working and fun environment
Foreman (Former Employee) –  New Zealand22 May 2017
when working in our team it was a relaxed (at times), fun and hard working environment. but our management was too busy looking for faults and taking all the credit for work that was done.
Pros
pay was good for NZ
Cons
Great company to develop and grow your carrier with in the roading industry
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Rotorua25 September 2015
Great place to work and up skill with in the roading industry. I have learnt a lot and continue to learn more every day. the wide range of opitunities that Heb provide from construction to maintanace is always on going and very family orientated. there are a lot of politics with in the company whitch is to be expected as we work in a high risk industry. The hardest part of my job as foreman is the work load that is expected of me as it requires me to manage (people) a crew of 9 to 12 people at times and do all necessary paper work and have it handed in by the next morning whitch means I have to go home after a hard days work and do paper work within my family time. Whitch is the only reason I'm leaving. I love the job and challenges that it presents but I love my family more..... so all and all a great company to work for and develop your skills with in the roading industry
Pros
Up skilling
Cons
Growing company, with growing pains. Has potential to be market leader.
Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albany Auckland.1 January 2015
Long busy days, varied work from managing the installation of drainage, street lights, and protection relocation of existing underground services i.e., power, communication, sewer, gas.

My main role was to make sure contractors did not damage existing services. I was responsible for issuing permits to dig for the whole project, which was 3km in length No one could work anywhere unless I gave the ok to do so, which required me to examine extent of works and identify any possible conflicts and provide a supervised plan so work could be done safely. The project was in Albany Auckland so there were many sensitive services that would have devastating consequences if they were damaged. While working on this project no existing services were damaged. I was also responsible for the installation and relocation of substantial new underground services.

I had a good relationship with all co workers and sub contractors I managed.

Most important lesson I learned is to keep detailed accurate records every day, stay on top of paper work.

hardest part of the job was working away from home. Lived in Hamilton, i have a 6 kids and being a part time Dad and Husband is difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your work completed and knowing that it was done well and looks good.
Pros
new company vehicle with fuel card, phone and laptop.
Cons
Working away from home.
Consistaint and accurate
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gisborne New Zealand5 January 2014
As I am the only one in this office apart from our Contract Manager, There is not much of a work environment to speak of within the office, we have two offices for our division to which I am admin for both, Our main office (where I am) is in town close to our client and our yard (where our works are contracted, is up the East Coast of Gisborne NZ), I am Admin to 13 crew members, We are part of a roading construction team for HEB NZ, We take pride in all our works and endeavour to do our best for both our client and our employer, Claiming works along side with keeping all our accounts on track are the key aspects of my job, I am the first port of contact on all most all matters. I have a great relationship with our client and their staff, My job requirements are always meet, I pride myself that we (HEB Construction) keep our records and payments to monthly claims vs cost.
I have very friendly easy going personality, I am very approachable, Due to the nature of our works I am also trusted to keep a lot of inoffice matters confidential to which I do not have any problems with.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
I am the only lady with 15 men, and no support in our region from HQ