Hell Pizza
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hell Pizza Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, and fun but stressful workplace. Management needs some work. Good workplace culture but very unorganised and stressful at times. The hardest part of job is big back to back orders on Friday nights.
I worked there for around 6 months. I left due to my personality clashing with the other people there, and me not being able to get a hang of the skills required.My main duty was being a delivery driver. The best part of the job was when I was out on the road, driving long distances to deliver food to customers. Customers were always warm and friendly, had some good chats.When I wasn't driving, I was doing kitchen hand duties like washing dishes or preparing sides. I'm a slow worker and very sensitive, which doesn't fly in the fast food industry, and I got admonished a lot for this.Good pay due to the extra money you get for doing deliveries, but I had a terrible experience due to the workplace culture. Some nice coworkers though, who enjoyed it more than me.
Pros
Get to drive long distances, which is always fun.
Cons
Fast paced, lots of shouting. I got chastised when I made mistakes (I'm only human).
Quite good people to work with, can be fun and enjoyable but also stressful. Learnt lots of new skills as a first time employee. Hours a good so it is easy to manage work and life.
Pros
Meal allowance
Cons
High stress in rush hours
Working at HellPizza gave me the confidence to work with people and take charge in the work place. You're consistently working as a team throughout the kitchen. Delivery driving helped shape my time management and organisation. Having to fit in cleaning at the end of the night whilst still taking orders also helped how I allocate tasks in order to keep the store running. It is a rewarding job. Serving customers at HellPizza is one of my favourite things to do. It's very personal, as it's a smaller more unique food chain, and I also travel to people's homes. Because of the location of my HellPizza, and my driving, I maintain relationships with regulars. I strive to be friendly and welcoming, never not asking how someone is before I start serving them. Overall I would not have the skills I have no without this job.
Pros
Free dinner when working late hours/close
Cons
Drivers should be compensated for vehicle use, and paid more for fuel
My first job has been great and after 2 years I am still working here and having a great time with no unnecessary drama or issues. This job has been good to me as I have been good to it. Good people make working more fun and easier.
Fun place to work. Very fast paced on weekends otherwise it’s chilled out. No work experience required at all. Awesome people to work with. Management is very helpful and understanding.
This was probably one of the best workplaces I've been in. The other employees were open and friendly and everyone was easy to get along with. The management was friendly and laid back, though maintained a professional attitude and constantly pushed staff to work at our maximum potential in order to keep the store running smoothly.
Pros
One free pizza provided on shift, friendly atmosphere, diverse employees
Cons
Remembering all the toppings in the correct amounts for each pizza
Amazing place to work. Got various opportunities to learn and improve my skills through different marketing activities conducted at the store and also got the opportunity to deal with customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working hours
always keeping you buys and rushing around, answering phones and making orders to go. small run team mostly suited to part time workers e.g teenagers and collage students.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
stressful long hours
I've been working for Hells Pizza for around 4 months now and I absolutely love my job. It's my first job and the staff team have all been so kind and supportive, openly welcoming me into their workplace family. Although some days (weekend nights) can be far too busy and very stressful, the staff team is very supportive and everyone has a job to do so you hardly get in anyone's way. Hells pizza has taught me a lot about customer service, team work, time management and responsibilities.
Pros
Employee discounts during work
Cons
Hours are minimal
Fantastic work environment, people there basically became my family. Boss was awesome, hours were good, paid well, I always enjoyed going to work and was a perfect job
Pros
Chill boss, flexible hours, easy to get time off.
Cons
work weekend nights, can be busy
Working for Hells Pizza in Porirua city gave me a confidence i never knew I had! I became a part of a family! It was a new franchise so we all learnt our roles together and fast!
This was my very first job and helped me gain a lot of confidence in the customer service area of work. Taught me proper team work, till skills, customer service skills etc
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Short Shifts
I was on casual base had very few hours a week The hardest part of the job was delivery because the delivery area of the company in Rotorua is very vast had to cover the long distance which was a loss on the part of the driver.
Pros
nothing as such
Cons
on call culture is very worst
Too busy on weekends. Good experience work on busy enviroment. Good management according to the work. Workplace environment is good and mixup with each other. To deliver pizza in a rainy day. Travel during pizza deliveries.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
less hours for work
its good.. i loved to do the job but i do need to go to do some another job so that i can get more experience. looking for the job like in countdown or anywhere else.
when i joined,the crew members all were very friendly and i really had a great environment, different different nationality people but easy to manage
great job culture with friendly people. every one worked togeather to lessen the stress during peek times and made it extra fun during quiet times in the day.
it was very nice place and very busy place. I learned time management by delivering pizza and my communication skills also improved by talking to customers.