Henkel Employee Reviews

Super Arbeitsplatz
Schlosser (Current Employee) –  Viersen3 September 2019
Alles super...
kann mich in keinster Weise beklagen
Good place being ruined by the Plant Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PA28 August 2019
Lots of good people doing what they can to keep the place open. Plant Manager is in way over her head, ruining many years of hard work by the folks on the floor. Until there is better leadership in place, this is not a place you want to work.
Need new Management! No one knows what to do. All they know is to Terminate you.
B&P Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH28 August 2019
Very poor place to work. Everyone sleeps with each other to get what they want and if you don’t they make your Job hard for you. Co-workers always late never no discipline. People drinking and smoking on the job and management does nothing. I will never ever ever work there again.
Empresa que te da la oportunidad de tener una excelente calidad de vida equilibrada.
GERENTE COMERCIAL (Former Employee) –  Gerencia28 August 2019
Buena Empresa, en crecimiento con poca experiencia en el canal
Poor Morale
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NC24 August 2019
Everyone there not in some type of upper authority seemed like they didn't want to be there. There also is a "pass the buck" mentality among the operators on all levels. Lots of gossip and rumors. Management somehow tells personal private or professional business. They operate using the good ol boy/on the list when it comes to advancement and other processes.
Bad
Liquidation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cannon Falls, MN22 August 2019
The management is a joke. They expected you to jump when they wanted. You will get written up for it, without being asked.They had no idea how to manage or to run a ross mixer or the quality testing that goes with it. The cannon falls plant will be closed within a year. They are buying mixers without anyone being able to run them. We are sending out bad material.

pupurchase anything that has material from the cannon falls plant within the last 6 months.
Management is bad
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NC22 August 2019
You have to ask when its time to get you raise then they try not to give it to you but the benefits are greet .if they fix management this will be a great place to work
Multiculture working environment
Head of purchasing / Regional purchasing manager (Current Employee) –  UAE20 August 2019
learning center for employees and employee driven organization with multicultural environment. Fun loving working atmosphere with the collaboration of Global/ Regional/ Local exposure.
Will cut you with out a thought
Senior Product Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, MO12 August 2019
Henkel cut my entire department including employees that had been there 30+ years without an offer to move into another position or location. Constant red tape makes it slow to get anything accomplished. Management offers little guidance as to focus for development. Raises are low with merit raises being rolled into your bonus so you are taxed at 40%.
Worst company in Louisville !
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY12 August 2019
Company is billion dollars but management didn’t know how to handle the buisness so they sold the building to another company .. no one is friendly your on your own here ... warned ... also pay rate going down 2.25$ ...
Pros
Nothing, try YOUR best lol
Cons
everyone is pyshco
Worked for Joico a Henkel company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA10 August 2019
Great all across the board, especially the team.
Great benefits
Company vehicle w/ gas card
Amazing product
Great team
Education
Great leadership top to bottom
A severe lack of communication here
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SD4 August 2019
Management refuses to take responsibility for low production numbers and continues to blame employees for it. A complete reboot of the mixing and dispensing areas need to be done to change things. That includes using updated time studies instead of inaccurate ones. Change things now or this ship here is gonna start to sink and the good people you have will leave.
Good benefits and pay, good coworkers
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT3 August 2019
Enjoyed working there but HR and Management don't look out for the workers and ignore bullying and harassment in the workplace. Reports are ignored and was told if all managers who were bullies were fired they wouldn't have any left.

No regard for employees with mental health disabilities. No advancement for certain job groups either.
I was given a job offer and then they took it back from me. Didn’t even give me a chance!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY3 August 2019
They took my job away from me without letting me explain a few things. I Do Not recommend them to anyone! I tried very hard to get on here. Everyday was a process of needing more and more info. I did everything and close my start date they decide to call me and tell me I can’t work there!
Fast-Paced and Relaxed Atmosphere
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PA2 August 2019
While working here, my team lead never got upset with me despite minor mess ups and would offer help and advice to help reduce the mess ups. Plenty of work to do all day and makes the day feel fast. Would recommend working here to anyone.
I enjoy my job some days are fast paced dead lines to meet great job
Shipping dock cordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN1 August 2019
I originally started this job with a company by the name of kenra. I worked for this company for 4yr we were sold to henkel. Henkel also purchase kenra 5 competitors.Starting a mega distribution centre where I have been abel to flourish and show leader ship skills
fast paced, hurry hurry hurry
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT30 July 2019
there are many lazy people there who dont care about the product quality. it is very fast paced. The mechanics spend most of there time in the breakroom watching sports and sitting outside smoking however there are a few good ones. There is no accountability. Machine operators get the short end of the stick. the only issue managment cares about is why was the machine down for longer than 2 minutes. most employees are rough around the edges and rude.training is verry verry poor. i was train by someone who had worked there for two mounths and didnt know much
Ok
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY30 July 2019
No advancement, can't live on eleven dollars an hour,need more stable work to survive and eat pay bills, good people easy job just no money,I'd stay if I made more,
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 July 2019
Can I say "Micro-management?"
On boarding was non existent & then that person is held accountable....something wrong here.
It seems whoever can get out of the most work, ie refer it to someone else or just keep asking questions, gets the "gold star" that day.
Lab has now the ability to "kill" sales opportunities based on their opinion.
Pros
benefits are great.
Cons
Likes to invest in the "the shiny toys" and not the one that has the highest profit margin.
Deceiving at a first glance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NC22 July 2019
This company does have competitive pay, which is the only reason I still am here. Definitely runs off the good old boy system, if your not on the "list", you'll be denied advancement at every opportunity so it seems. Great ideas and hard work only get you more hard work while others get to just coast by doing the minimum and getting paid more. They take forever when it comes to the employee's needs/wants like hiring help or moving to a different position, but required overtime and to be on call at a moments notice. Certain people get to work desired hours while others have to work voluntold hours with little concern of what you may have going on in your life. No real structure when it comes down to pay scale and or knowledge based activities, your expected to just know the job and get paid what someone sitting in an office feels you should get paid. Working conditions are brutal to say the least, your constantly out in the elements and working with dangerous chemicals. Teamwork is a joke, specific training is minimal. Best part of the day is clocking out to go home.
Pros
Short distance from my house
Cons
I would gladly leave if I could find a job doing anything else for the same pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henkel. Our community is ready to answer.