Hibu

Hibu Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

sales

Had to find new business constantly and became more and mote difficult to meet the goals after they changed what i was hired to do and only as good as your last quarter mentality

You will likely NOT succeed here

Let's start with the MASSIVE Turn-Over here. My training classes of 32 People started on April 11, 2022. As of December 16, 2022 there are ZERO people left at HiBu from this class. They were either fired or quit. On top of that there were several other training classes that came and went and lot of other Reps that came and went. The chances of you being successful here are very slim.You will start out with NOTHING. No accounts, no leads, no direction etc. You are left to find your own leads in an open territory that other reps will be working at the same time. You will be looking for prospects and making a TON of calls and in person visits "hoping" someone answers the phone or their business is open. Mind you most of the people you will sell to don't even have a store front so be prepared to walk up to workers when you see their truck.As for company culture you are NOTHING MORE than the numbers your produce. You will have weekly "success calls" but you'll quickly learn there are only 3-4 people actually selling anything while everyone else is struggling to keep their jobs. When you are down on your sales and ask your manager for help they will not help you. I asked dozens of times to do a ride along only to be shot down. I was fired a week before Christmas and when I was written up it was only for 14 days before the 2nd one of 14 days. So, you get 28 days to fix everything.The work/life balance is a big benefit and the company has great Benefits. Upper management is positive and I think they want you to succeed but they just don't give you the resources -

Pros

Benefits package

Cons

Massive Turn-over, No Leads, 100% cold calling

Digital Product Support is a lie

I was working here for almost a year and the true colors of this company bled through overtime. I was initially hired under the impression I will be a "Digital Product Support Specialist". I was hired due to my experience in photoshop and tech experience. Turns out the department is just a glorified CALL CENTER. Though my team manager was excellent, upper management only cared about call quality and hitting service level numbers. The product quality suffers immensely. Clients would call on the daily to complain and cancel. Management kept changing the worlflow and we aren't even given enough time to adjust. The training is overwhelming and majority of the things they teach you, is almost never used in real call situations. Almost a year there and I never felt like I confidently knew what I was doing, while being told I was doing a great job, come to find out they focused more on the quality of my calls rather than the work I actually put into the digital products we supported. You're expected to always be ready for a call and if there is down time, they assign you cases in-between calls that you have to stop midway to pick up an incoming call. Just within the first 2 months of training halfnof my new hire class quit, which is not a good sign. And they are not shy to lay you off either. Do your research they have a history of laying off their employees with no warning. There are some good people here but the company as a whole is not worth it from an employee or client standpoint. They trap clients into contracts and at times do not deliver what they promised. As I mentioned -

Pros

Pto, good enough benefits, lower management cares, hybrid work

Cons

Everything I mentioned in my review

Promises galore, if you get behind you get ostracized

Nothing is real, question everything! You’ll hear so many promises and feel like you’ve finally found the sales career of your dreams. The first thing they tell you is that everyone in the company “started where you did”. While they may have had that title, it’s a skewed perspective. Your boss and your boss’s boss used to sell ad space in the yellow pages. Before the internet, that was a gold mine bc you HAD to be in the phone book. The truth is they have no idea how to sell in todays climate and will never let you do things your way. Next is the training program. It is between 12-16 weeks long and actually is a complete blast. You will learn so much and have so much fun learning with a group of 20 ppl from across the country. You will build so much cohesion and team Chemistry with your classmates and teacher. However, all of that is for nothing as they “graduate” you and stick you with the boss that “owns” your state. That boss and 2-3 other managers of other territories form under one region under a regional manager. You now are stuck with that team. I was unfortunate to have 2 other people in my same city which is rare. You are supposed to have assigned zip codes but I consistently prospected customers in my own territory that were already being worked by another rep. Although training is great and the product is decent. It is completely generic and is of little value to the actual consumer that needs Real content and not stock photos. You only need $1800+ a month in sales quota but in my territory, the businesses could absolutely not afford that. Once I -

Terribly company. They love to run it in your face if other team members are making more salea

Insane micromanagement. Your working hours that are unreal just cold call or cold walk in to try to rub their digital marketing when they are one of the worst know digital marketing companies around. The links on the hibu website don’t even work. It’s embarrassing. Stop micromanaging and start teaching non-sketchy ways and take it easy with the training. It’s kind of ridiculous and if you don’t hit your numbers, well you’re fired and there’s also reason that the turnover rate of a class of 58 or more quits before they start the job at a turnover rate of me being seven people of the 58 in the class sticking around but I don’t know one person has lasted a whole year unless they started in the paper ads. Managers favor those who can set appointments. It’s not a true sales job because you’re not doing the selling you’re just qualifying and setting an appointment and then Tacey would dare have to commissions but they don’t tell you about it what you are with you and leaving the company or the company so numb doesn’t pay and you will end up paying them. I want to go surges honestly ridiculous there’s no proof to this job run away as far as fast as you can I promise you you will not regret it.

Pros

Cons

Everything was awful

It's a job

Cons - Ar first seemed very fulfilling and a good work environment. However the training they give you is extensive and overwhelming. To the point we aren't utilizing all the information and even aren't given certain information that are applied to the tasks at hand. Upper Management is a bit disorganized. Seems like they're more focused on hitting numbers than actually providing good service for their clients. And the pay does not match the workload. Pros - Good benefits, plenty of time off, opportunities for overtime. Lower management is very patient and supportive.

Not a great experience

Very high pressure, disorganized, and lack of support from upper management. Company was literally throwing products against the wall to see what stuck regardless of whether they were appropriate for clients.

Great company culture, supportive management, & work/life balance

Hibu has been incredible. Management makes time to help you grow in your position and there are opportunities for advancement. I have had more time with my family since working at Hibu than any other company I've worked for. 10/10 recommend.

Official response from Hibu

31 August 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Wishing you much success in the future!

Fun Place to work I guess if you like cranking out calls all day

More or less for the amount of calls being placed, I believe we should get paid more. But if you don't mind making calls all day and hopefully hitting on one this is the job for you other than that base pay is equivalent to any entry level position

Pros

work from home

Cons

not great pay

Fun place no growth

Fun place felt like just big company thirsty to hire people to fire them. Then turn around and promote the ones who cheat the system. People were just using their friends to setup website trials. Smh

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hibu?

Unless you seriously care about selling digital marketing, dont do it

It's not a very fulfilling job. No commission cap is good, but the job itself meaningless. If money motivates you, be my guest, but if you need more, then this isn't the job for you.

Got to be part of the clique

As much as it pains me to say, this place is for a fresh out of college person who just wants to get started in this industry. Because of the templated cookie cutter way of working and advancement you really need to network your posterior out and get in with management on a personal level. Many employees are gone unnoticed and unappreciated. I spent 12 years of my career trying to ascend with little to no success or help. Maybe I was always the wrong fit but this company used to reward people for their hardwork, experience and loyalty. Before I left... that fell to the waste side because of all of the restructuring and turnover.

Not for everyone. Can be a tough sell.

Some people stick here and make money. A lot of people attempt and quickly drop out. Tiered commissions and complicated comp plans make it tricky to earn real money. They will tell you about high earners but those people are the exception. High velocity full cycle sales.

Official response from Hibu

11 May 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback and service to Hibu! As with any sales position you get out of the position what you put in and this is especially true at Hibu which has an uncapped commission structure that puts significant earning potential into the hands of the individual. Wishing you the best!

Great corporate support

Really a great company worked there 8 years. Local manager I really liked. Everybody corporate was fabulous. Benefits outstanding. Not enough emphasis on customer retention versus too much on new sales. National sales manager was outstanding. Regional manager a 100% total jerk. Reason I left. Nobody liked him and the company lost several good people because of him. Great products and a great company to work for.

Overpromise & Underdeliver

Not sure how Hibu is still in business! Massive churn, most products ineffective. Good first sales job to help become numb to rejection. (honestly - that is pro!)

Flexibility is awesome if you’re cool making a lot of cold calls

Cold calling isn’t for everybody, but if you can get used to rejection before people even hear you out, this is a great job! I love the flexibility of getting to spend special moments with my family, while providing an excellent income for them and our future!

Pros

Flexibility, great pay, great peopl

Cons

Just the people who don’t understand on the other end of the phone why they need you

Fun, supportive, caring, energetic place to work!

Really says a lot when over half the employees have been employed there for decades. Awesome support from my manager and always someone to help and guide me.

Poor job work/ life balance. Low compensation/ costly benefits. Little job security/ room for advancement. Bad management. Terrible job culture.

Poor job work/ life balance. Low compensation/ costly benefits. Little job security/ room for advancement. Bad upper management. Terrible job culture.

Management does not care about helping you, just meetings and hitting your numbers.

A typical day starts with a meeting; where instead of pumping you up, they overwhelm you with numbers and let you know that what you did is not good enough. Now, go make 60 phone calls and 30 in-person visits. Management is bad, 8 out of 10 started when it was Yellow Pages and have no sense of how to lead a salesforce, just manage numbers. There is no team, you are all split up and compete against each other.

Pros

You'll meet some good people (other reps) from throughout the country.

Cons

Lots of meetings, bad management, customer service is a joke, and no follow-through when helping customers with an issue.

Horrific management that will lie to your face

This started as a good place until they think you have drinken the Kool aid. The pay and stress is not worth it. Highly understaffed during the busiest time of the year.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Poor management

Fun culture with outstanding training tools

To succeed here you will need to be competitive, confident, positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, and the drive to learn. The tools are absolutely there. My direct manager has my back, is constantly engaged, gives great feedback, and genuinely cares. The job itself is pretty independent and you determine how well you do, which I love. You will go through an initial two week training class and then start going out into the field around your third week. It's intense but the experience is 100% what you make of it as you are given an exceptional amount of support from your team, trainers, peers, and upper management. The work culture you get here is rare. And you can make a. lot. of. money. Most people you meet have a 15 year plus tenure.

Pros

Work life balance, training, challenging, leadership team, work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hibu
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?