Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 3,161 reviews

Pollin Miller Hospitality Strategies

It is a typical front desk position, you do not get a real break like expected. PMHS is the management group who owns this Hilton Garden Inn. And that's who I am basing my scores from.

Great environment.

Working at the Hilton Garden Inn was one of my more Proud jobs that I’ve had, I was there for 3 yrs and loved everyday. I was Employee off the Month, and Employee of the year. The People that work there’ are Super easy to work with, the management is Outstanding. The Maintenance supervisor is Awesome working under, a Definitely recommend working there. 👍🏻

No support from management, no communication from management

Not recommended, no appreciation for your work. Lack of support and communication. No direction or goals. Lack of equipment to do job. No budget to set goals

The management company that runs this property is not interested in the art of hospitality.

This hotel has very little management presence. Their absence forces someone in an entry level role to operate manager tasks. You are left to handle service recovery issues on the behalf of the management team. Even worse, the management will hold you responsible for their failure to be on the floor. Now on the other hand, being left alone gives you freedom to work for yourself. If all goes well, not having a manager down your back can be peaceful.

Bad work environment

Understaffed, too much work, too much stress, Überstunde, some people don't do their jobs, what you do is not being appreciated.

I work nights which suits my lifestyle, 20 to 30 min travel time, we share tasks on nights, tend not to do same jobs every night, take turns on desk or cleaning or conference room prep. Work life balance is good, needs of the business comes first, but my manager generally manages to rota my days off when grandson is over. Pay is on par with most other hotels, previous experience can gain you a little more.

Low pay unprofessional management rude unappreciative bosses.

Unorganized system mgm are rude disrepectful.favoritism between mgm they talk about employees to other employees. Hard work not appreciated at all.run

Overall Culture, great.

Culture of the Hilton as a whole is great, benefits are great as well as the discounts you receive at other hotels when traveling. The location itself is very clean and the housekeeping staff as well as food and beverage staff takes pride in their work. Management on the other hand, not so great. Only one of the managers actually cares about his staff and the overall appearance and concerns of the hotel/staff. Being a “great employee” is complimented but nothing is actually done to show appreciation for the staff besides a gift certificate for a free room once in a while.

Pros

Discounts through Hilton for traveling purposes, good affordable benefits.

Cons

Breaks monitored, employees (including management) are LATE to work OFTEN.

Great Team & fun place to work.

Enjoyed working at this Hotel for over a year before having to move out of WA. Management is great to work with and very supportive unlike few othet hotels I worked in past. Assistance is always available and I learned different aspects of operations. It was an overall great place to work and fun working with the team.

Overtime hours available

Long hours , never appreciated. Laziness is rewarded while hard workers get nothing but a slap in the face from management. They think it's a joke .. they talk bad about other employees to other employees and there is nothing you can do about it

Pros

Free breakfast. Allowed to be late

Cons

Short staffed, poor management

Great place!

Great people. Bosses are amazing. Guests can be very entitled but most are great. Everyone helps everyone. Pay is a little on the low side especially for longer term employees

Great team, fast paced

Great job, team in the morning was amazing during the breakfast shift, I only did night shifts for a short time but they were great too. Family environment there and management is great

Overworked and under staffed

Low pay for the position A lot of work for one position There is no team work, housekeepers are underpaid and overworked Barely any linen to work with on a regular basis.Manager staff is very lazy and unprofessional

We have fun while working hard to meet guest expectations.

It’s a great place to work. Fair wages and good benefits. They promote good employee relationships by working together as a team. Such as helping in other departments. They also break the barriers of race and religious backgrounds allowing you to do your own thing as long as it isn’t violating the code of standards known to all.

Very underpaid

Very underpaid horrible job. I never received any paid vacations or benefits other then barely cheaper rooms. Had to handle way more things then management which was horrible because they wouldn’t help situations that where severe and needed managements help.

I thought this hotel was a really cool job the only down fall I have about this job is housekeeping management they need better management for housekeeping because the lady that was supervising literally talked about there co-workers very unprofessional other wise it was a great environment

Bad

Bad lazy staff always complaining and treat customers horrible super rude some cooks would complain to dishwasher to make em quit and would throw you under the bus in a heartbeat

Simple and fun job to work

Housekeeping is an easy job if you're made for it, and if you put your mind to it, it's a great place to work. The management is great and the staff are wonderful to work with.

Lots of crosstraining opportunities.

Fun and upbeat jib. Management is very personable. Great tips and regulars. Lots of room for advancement in other areas. Catering and restaurant are top notch!

Great job and benefits, poor management

Job is very easy, with good benefits and pay, and an amazing work staff that keeps the hotel running despite management. There are always schedule miss communications and errors, poor management representation, and questionable management decisions that show how disconnected they are from how things actually work. You will most certainly make your way up the management ladder if you are good at being friendly with management, and part of a minority group. It’s a great job, and a great staff, but management will be your biggest obstacle.

Pros

Employee Discount, Great Customer Service Experience, fantastic staff

Cons

Healthcare, management

Grupo de mexicanas ye hacen la vida de cuadritos

Pésimo y estresante ambiente laboral para housekeeping pero tranquilo para otros puestos de trabajo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hilton Garden Inn Hotel