Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 16,571 reviews
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty6 June 2019
- a practical job
- more on physical work mean purpose is to clean rooms
- good environment, multi-cultural background different workmates
- always smile is the main thing
Pros
free lunch
4.4 star Hotel
Full Time GSA / Concierge/ (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland19 January 2019
InterContinental Hotels Group plc, informally InterContinental Hotels or IHG, is a British multinational hospitality company headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire, England. IHG has about 800,000 guest rooms and 5,000 hotels across nearly 100 countries.

I had an opportunity to work with holiday Inn Auckland Airport, New Zealand. During the service tenure, I have gained a decent knowledge about the food and beverage service. I also had an opportunity to cross train myself in different department (Front Office).
Pros
Meals are included, Car park
Cons
No cons
It’s alright
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport31 December 2018
Tight nit team but never enough rewards for the teams satisfaction. They have a great and welcoming sense of humour and are always friendly. You would have to remain focus and always learn from your mistakes before their team will eat you up alive.
Very Racist Environmant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury15 April 2018
5am shift. Set up buffet tables.
welcome customers.
sometimes checked mini bar in the assigned rooms.
closing the buffet after 12:30pm.
cleaning and setting up tables after done.
Cons
People were Racist.
Good working environment.
Food and Beverage Attendant and bar man (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty3 April 2018
Good place to work. Provides lots of employee benefits and on the job training which helps in growth and development of an employee. Love working there.
fun loving place
Food & Beverages Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty3 January 2018
It was a great experience for me to work in Holiday Inn. Great job culture with good management. I enjoyed working there and learned number of things there which still helping me in my current job.
Pros
free lunch & drinks, Discount in food, Family & friends Discount.
Cons
less working hours
Fun
Maori Performing (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty20 December 2017
Is a intriguing workplace allows me to adapt more on my maori side as a performer and as someone who practices kapa haka a lot. Very enjoyable work, love the short hours.
Pros
Great staff
A paid job
Night Auditor / Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  East coast3 December 2017
I had a good time with my co-workers. Some days my shift was stressful. Most of the type of clientele was a business. The job environment was friendly, and most of my co-workers were cooperative and helpful.
Pros
Lunch time
No sponsership
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago28 November 2017
No training period given. Free meals but meals are not worth eating. Rude behaviour. No support from supervisor. Very bad team and co -workers. Please dont work here
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No ethics
productive and great work environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 March 2017
i learnt so much in my work space and for the short time i was working there, from team working, customer service and basically everyday life skills i can use in my daily routine. i enjoyed the experience and time i had at holiday inn.
Pros
great working staff members
Cons
juggling school with work
Good place for work and improve english
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago26 February 2017
Good place to work, practice and learn english, nice environment for work, nice people working there, I learned to clean with good quality standard.
productive work enviroment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty6 November 2016
Awesome work place this was once called Heritage Hotel and then it upgraded to Holiday Inn learned alto from this place awesome work place free lunches
Pros
Free lunches
Fun place to work at
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty30 May 2016
The hotel is a good place to work as everyday is different and like any other jobs they have both good and bad days but to me the good far out weighed the bad you were always moving around you got to learn how to prepare the food how to cook some of the dishes that were put out on the buffet and the different types of food such as Indian Chinese Mexican and many more
Pros
Discount on dinner for you and up to 15 others plus discount on rooms in the hotel if you stayed
Cons
Long hours split shifts
Helpful Staff Management
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty17 April 2016
The management was very helpful in the process of job training and over the whole period of employment. Also they allow us to be flexible in some aspects.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Does not support for future Sponsorships.
Porter/Housekeeping
Porter/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury30 October 2015
The porter side was very demanding with a lot of the time with very outlandish requests from guests and trying my best to not upset them at their conquest for their ending nest or while they would rest. The job was very easy and very fun when it came to driving the more high-priced cars eg BMW's that many customers enjoyed purchasing.

The housekeeping was very funny and I gained a new respect for the women whom clean the rooms because of the amount of strange things that you would see. Definately not a job for someone of the likes of me. But it was very educational in a sense that something as simple as making a bed was very complexed and very detailed right down to the positioning of pillows.

But the hardest thing was to keep people confidentially when in fact the wife or husband is standing outside the door listening to the cheating. Not something that I enjoyed too much because I was often confronted and asked to knock on the door as a porter and housekeeper very offending and very demanding at times. Keeping me on my toes nevertheless but very mean at the same time.
Pros
Lunch was amazing
Cons
confrontational individuals in this hotel.
overall a good working environment
Food & Beverage attendant/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  mangere, Auckland3 October 2015
A good working environment with management willing to help you towards reaching your goals, development and mentoring.
fun workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  mangere auckland23 August 2015
i worked with alot of people at this company and just the fact that there were so many staff made this job amazing i learnt alot of things example making coffees, how to talk to customers, getting along with everyone, serving customers and alot of other things the best part of working at this place was meeting new people all the time especially famous people the hardest part was when we had to serve more then a normal cafe would serve everytime
Pros
free carpark and staff rooms
Cons
shift hours
Staff verey nice,friendly. Work was great. I have worked for nicer at paces
Maintenance Hand (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, N17 August 2015
Daily checks of services, machens ect,cleaning of pools grounds. repairs to all rooms as fualts reported by staff and guests.
I learnt how to look after and run a pool,and how the strip down and clean the heat exchangers. some managers, hod's where every hard to please. All workers where nice friendly helpfull to get along with.
Keeping managers happy as all the differant departments thourght thier job was way more important than others, and felt they where your boss. The most enjoyable wes meeting all the differant guests, and being able to help them..
Very intereting being working their and provide lots of knowledge about hospitality industry of New Zealand.
Banquet attendent (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N27 January 2015
Provided lots of responsibilities which enhance my managing skills.
Summary
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport1 September 2014
Customer Service - working in a team
Conferences and Events
Birthdays, Weddings, Partys, Cocktails etc
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K