Holiday Inn
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

New Zealand27 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Holiday Inn, Auckland Airport, there were challenges that I had to face but I did get amazing help and the team was more than welcoming and helpful. We did have minor problems from time to time but we were all professional and resolved the issues immediately and effectively. I would recommend working there if you are looking for a safe and friendly environment.
This is not a good place to work and they expect to much for minimal pay. Also if you have an opinion then it is to be kept to yourself and you can't expect them to care about your obligations outside of the job.
Pros
Met cool people
Cons
Bosses'
It was a real good time I have ever spend in my life in Holiday inn Rotorua. I have started my career from Housekeeping (room attendant). I have got promoted with in the couple of months as an Housekeeping Team leader and again promoted for HSK supervisor. Every one gets free lunch/dinner during the shift which was awesome. I really enjoyed my 2 years 7 months while working there.
Thank you very much for entire team of Holiday Inn Rotorua.
Pros
Good working environment and good pay. Supportive.
Its a good place to learn all aspects of the hotel as you closely interact with each department. You also get the opportunity to learn all job roles as you have to multi task most of the time.
Pros
Free meals
- a practical job
- more on physical work mean purpose is to clean rooms

- good environment, multi-cultural background different workmates

- always smile is the main thing
Pros
free lunch
Cons
InterContinental Hotels Group plc, informally InterContinental Hotels or IHG, is a British multinational hospitality company headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire, England. IHG has about 800,000 guest rooms and 5,000 hotels across nearly 100 countries.

I had an opportunity to work with holiday Inn Auckland Airport, New Zealand. During the service tenure, I have gained a decent knowledge about the food and beverage service. I also had an opportunity to cross train myself in different department (Front Office).
Pros
Meals are included, Car park
Cons
No cons
Tight nit team but never enough rewards for the teams satisfaction. They have a great and welcoming sense of humour and are always friendly. You would have to remain focus and always learn from your mistakes before their team will eat you up alive.
5am shift. Set up buffet tables.
welcome customers.

sometimes checked mini bar in the assigned rooms.

closing the buffet after 12:30pm.

cleaning and setting up tables after done.
Cons
People were Racist.
Good place to work. Provides lots of employee benefits and on the job training which helps in growth and development of an employee. Love working there.
It was a great experience for me to work in Holiday Inn. Great job culture with good management. I enjoyed working there and learned number of things there which still helping me in my current job.
Pros
free lunch & drinks, Discount in food, Family & friends Discount.
Cons
less working hours
Is a intriguing workplace allows me to adapt more on my maori side as a performer and as someone who practices kapa haka a lot. Very enjoyable work, love the short hours.
Pros
Great staff
I had a good time with my co-workers. Some days my shift was stressful. Most of the type of clientele was a business. The job environment was friendly, and most of my co-workers were cooperative and helpful.
Pros
Lunch time
No training period given. Free meals but meals are not worth eating. Rude behaviour. No support from supervisor. Very bad team and co -workers. Please dont work here
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No ethics
i learnt so much in my work space and for the short time i was working there, from team working, customer service and basically everyday life skills i can use in my daily routine. i enjoyed the experience and time i had at holiday inn.
Pros
great working staff members
Cons
juggling school with work
Good place to work, practice and learn english, nice environment for work, nice people working there, I learned to clean with good quality standard.
Awesome work place this was once called Heritage Hotel and then it upgraded to Holiday Inn learned alto from this place awesome work place free lunches
Pros
Free lunches
The hotel is a good place to work as everyday is different and like any other jobs they have both good and bad days but to me the good far out weighed the bad you were always moving around you got to learn how to prepare the food how to cook some of the dishes that were put out on the buffet and the different types of food such as Indian Chinese Mexican and many more
Pros
Discount on dinner for you and up to 15 others plus discount on rooms in the hotel if you stayed
Cons
Long hours split shifts
The management was very helpful in the process of job training and over the whole period of employment. Also they allow us to be flexible in some aspects.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Does not support for future Sponsorships.
The porter side was very demanding with a lot of the time with very outlandish requests from guests and trying my best to not upset them at their conquest for their ending nest or while they would rest. The job was very easy and very fun when it came to driving the more high-priced cars eg BMW's that many customers enjoyed purchasing.

The housekeeping was very funny and I gained a new respect for the women whom clean the rooms because of the amount of strange things that you would see. Definately not a job for someone of the likes of me. But it was very educational in a sense that something as simple as making a bed was very complexed and very detailed right down to the positioning of pillows.

But the hardest thing was to keep people confidentially when in fact the wife or husband is standing outside the door listening to the cheating. Not something that I enjoyed too much because I was often confronted and asked to knock on the door as a porter and housekeeper very offending and very demanding at times. Keeping me on my toes nevertheless but very mean at the same time.
Pros
Lunch was amazing
Cons
confrontational individuals in this hotel.
A good working environment with management willing to help you towards reaching your goals, development and mentoring.
i worked with alot of people at this company and just the fact that there were so many staff made this job amazing i learnt alot of things example making coffees, how to talk to customers, getting along with everyone, serving customers and alot of other things the best part of working at this place was meeting new people all the time especially famous people the hardest part was when we had to serve more then a normal cafe would serve everytime
Pros
free carpark and staff rooms
Cons
shift hours