Hotel Novotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hotel Novotel Employee Reviews

New Zealand30 reviews
I have learned how to cope with mutiple tasks at the same time while working at Front Office as there were always new challenges. Time management and customer relationship management were essential on a daily basis to be a professional receptionist, from remembering guests' names to their preferences. The hardest part would be when it was short of staff on a busy day. However, helpful and caring colleagues always made it less stressful and smooth. Working confidently and positively within a team was very crucial in order to deliver exceptional services to guests regardless of situations.
Pros
free meals
I work in the laundry department of Novotal, I am kept busy and always doing something, I have learnt to understand many accents and broken english, I have learnt to fold linen nicely and get reinforced to respect in the work place. This is only a stepping stone until I can find a career
It was a very good learning work experience as night porter. I got a chance to do all the roles with in hotel which is very helpful when i didn't know about anything about hotel.
If i could have i would have not evan given a star at all, they just overwork people down to the ground, there are so many indian people that have high positions there (i can say this as i got to know a lot of pacific islander ethnicity) people that have worked there for almost 10years and when a position of being supervisor comes up they have applied and have been unsuccessful. They have trainings for badges on top of the work load your doing at work, also a lot of people working there actually taking things home from the company i bet they don't know.
Pros
Free lunch that mostly caters to the indians.
Cons
Long hours, you feel like your ordered around
It was the best way for me to kick start my hospitality work experience. Every day was a new challenge at Novotel and it was fun everyday to work here.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Salary
I would go back to work with this company again if they gave me another chance to. overall good people to work with, management was always good, supervisors and team members were always good to each other, everyone communicated well with each other, just a overall good experience.
Pros
Working with the company itself
Cons
The place and work it self is not hard or miserable its just depends on how you get along with people as it is in the hospitality industry. The management is straight to the point and on the books
Pros
staff perks, lunch/dinner on shift, bonus/discounts
Cons
you have those days
Typical day,
Greeting of guests or welcoming back regular guests asking how there day is then just end up having a good yarn thats always the best.

Daily tasks eg hotel occupancy, dinner bookings, polishing of breakfast plates etc, room service/floor check. Checking Front office of any changes/special requests the same with kitchen..
Pros
Nicely paced job
Cons
not enough hours
They have a amazing productive team with a fun environment, where you are continuously encouraged to gain new skills and knowledge through their online study.
A job as a receptionist is a life for the busy, who love to meet new people from around the world. To go over and beyond to satisfy the needs of your guests and make their stay a home away from home.

As a person who enjoys the comfort of staying home reading a book and watching movies this Job requires a lot of energy to stay positive and be enthusiastic around people. It made me a stronger person in a work environment and be able to communicate clearly with others.

Management are hard working people who try their best to support and teach as much as they can to those who need to learn a few things on the job. I enjoyed working with them as they were not afraid to get their hands dirty.

The hardest part of the Job was the language barrier between two different cultures. The job also needed someone physically strong to lift heavy luggage, sometimes it was hard on days you would be at work as it did eventually took a toll on me. But as long as you got the well needed rest and relax on your days off and take good care of yourself, you would be alright.

I enjoyed how much of a family vibe i got from my work colleagues as they supported me 110% of the time I worked there. I have made life time friends and loved every moment I had there.
management wasn’t so great, lovely staff to work along side with. Management didn’t understand the hours we required basically just gave us the hours they wanted us to do.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
Novotel est un groupe où il est très interessant de travailler. ils se soucient beaucoup de leurs employés et de leur ressentiments, organisent énormément d'événements en dehors des heures de travail afin de rassembler les différents secteurs et de créer une vrai ambiance familiale.
La possibilité d'évoluer professionnellement est énorme dû aux nombres importants d'hotels à travers le monde.

Très bonne cohésion d'équipe et très bonne ambiance de travail.
Pros
Repas gratuit, offres spéciales
Cons
courtes pauses
The workplace gives you many ways to upgrade yourself within the company to become the best that you can be. It also allows to win trips to learn about the company you work for. Its always good working for a company that uplifts people.
Novotel is a great place to work, its a very hard job and also when your working you are learning many new things at the same time, you learn different environment around the place good, to meet new people everyday as you greet them its an Opportunity for me to learn while working at Novotel.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Was doing night shifts. was not happy about doing it. did it for almost 2 years. no gratitude or appreciation was shown anytime during my tenure and especially no appreciation after i completed my tenure.
Pros
Nothing to talk about
Cons
Nothing to talk about
Learnt working in a diverse team , excellent work culture . Most enjoy part of the job in the work benefits . A free lunch with the team is always heaps of fun .
Pros
free lunch, excellent work culture
cooking is my passion...really we have to do hard work in kitchen but still we always enjoying..the most hardest part of the job is stress..so alwwys work good
same thing everyday
learned to check guest in

everyone was friendly

hardest part was nothing everything was straight forward

meeting new people and being able to work along side some friendly workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
didnt get paid, gossip
I am familiar with your restaurant and Banquets operations and its excellent reputation and am also confident that I can fit in well with your existing team. I believe that my experience of guest relations, hospitality and my knowledge of food and beverages can greatly strengthen your business.
As you can also see from my attached CV I have excellent communication skills and have previous and relevant experience of working in Restaurants , Banquets , Catering , pubs, and cafeterias.
Pros
Creating a friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Working long hours and slow in growth
Absolutely loved working here work and live on site free food accommodation and never a dull day happily return here.
you walk righ outside your window and ur looking straight into the Southern alps and sitting at the foot of mount cook staff were crazy beautiful
Pros
location free food and perks
Cons
far away from home
Breakfast six am and dinners from five pm. Different shifts made it fun to work with different co workers .

Our guest was always on the move aether coming or going somewhere as the airport is just across the road from the hotel.

Brand new hotel everyone was full of energy from top to the bottom employees levels.

Parking was a fifteen minutes walk rain or shine from work and had to pay monthly fee.

Knowing different languages made work so enjoying as I could practice my talent with our guest.
Pros
meals provided
Cons
walk from carpark was hard in winter and rain, all cold and wet.