Hotel Novotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hotel Novotel Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.8Work–Life Balance
3.6Pay & Benefits

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,626 reviews

Exciting place to work you will pick up some good skill.

Work hard and fast with effientsy and you will have no problems. The team is helpful as it is a team effort to achieve each service. Once you no the routine things get easier.

Pros

Free meal discount accommodations in any accrod hotel. On job training and up Skilling

Cons

Night shift with day shift sucks as you sleep your days off.

productive

I work in the laundry department of Novotal, I am kept busy and always doing something, I have learnt to understand many accents and broken english, I have learnt to fold linen nicely and get reinforced to respect in the work place. This is only a stepping stone until I can find a career

Auckland Airport Novotel is Horrible

If i could have i would have not evan given a star at all, they just overwork people down to the ground, there are so many indian people that have high positions there (i can say this as i got to know a lot of pacific islander ethnicity) people that have worked there for almost 10years and when a position of being supervisor comes up they have applied and have been unsuccessful. They have trainings for badges on top of the work load your doing at work, also a lot of people working there actually taking things home from the company i bet they don't know.

Pros

Free lunch that mostly caters to the indians.

Cons

Long hours, you feel like your ordered around

Great start to my hospitality work experience.

It was the best way for me to kick start my hospitality work experience. Every day was a new challenge at Novotel and it was fun everyday to work here.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

Salary

Family friendly

A job as a receptionist is a life for the busy, who love to meet new people from around the world. To go over and beyond to satisfy the needs of your guests and make their stay a home away from home. As a person who enjoys the comfort of staying home reading a book and watching movies this Job requires a lot of energy to stay positive and be enthusiastic around people. It made me a stronger person in a work environment and be able to communicate clearly with others. Management are hard working people who try their best to support and teach as much as they can to those who need to learn a few things on the job. I enjoyed working with them as they were not afraid to get their hands dirty. The hardest part of the Job was the language barrier between two different cultures. The job also needed someone physically strong to lift heavy luggage, sometimes it was hard on days you would be at work as it did eventually took a toll on me. But as long as you got the well needed rest and relax on your days off and take good care of yourself, you would be alright. I enjoyed how much of a family vibe i got from my work colleagues as they supported me 110% of the time I worked there. I have made life time friends and loved every moment I had there.

productive

management wasn’t so great, lovely staff to work along side with. Management didn’t understand the hours we required basically just gave us the hours they wanted us to do.

Pros

free dinner

Environnement très agréable

Novotel est un groupe où il est très interessant de travailler. ils se soucient beaucoup de leurs employés et de leur ressentiments, organisent énormément d'événements en dehors des heures de travail afin de rassembler les différents secteurs et de créer une vrai ambiance familiale. La possibilité d'évoluer professionnellement est énorme dû aux nombres importants d'hotels à travers le monde. Très bonne cohésion d'équipe et très bonne ambiance de travail.

Pros

Repas gratuit, offres spéciales

Cons

courtes pauses

Good encouragement

The workplace gives you many ways to upgrade yourself within the company to become the best that you can be. It also allows to win trips to learn about the company you work for. Its always good working for a company that uplifts people.

Fun Place to work and learn

Novotel is a great place to work, its a very hard job and also when your working you are learning many new things at the same time, you learn different environment around the place good, to meet new people everyday as you greet them its an Opportunity for me to learn while working at Novotel.

Pros

Free Lunches

Nothing to talk about

Was doing night shifts. was not happy about doing it. did it for almost 2 years. no gratitude or appreciation was shown anytime during my tenure and especially no appreciation after i completed my tenure.

Pros

Nothing to talk about

Cons

Nothing to talk about

I have a reputation for delivering excellent service to customers and ensuring their satisfaction at all times.

I am familiar with your restaurant and Banquets operations and its excellent reputation and am also confident that I can fit in well with your existing team. I believe that my experience of guest relations, hospitality and my knowledge of food and beverages can greatly strengthen your business. As you can also see from my attached CV I have excellent communication skills and have previous and relevant experience of working in Restaurants , Banquets , Catering , pubs, and cafeterias.

Pros

Creating a friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Working long hours and slow in growth

Fun, good staff, uniforms and food for staff great, Very hard physically house keeping but very good for fitness

Beautiful Hotel, well managed and staffed a pleasure to be part of. Long hours and hard physically but plenty of hours and support from senior staff. I liked the uniforms, staff breakfasts and lunches but working from 8am till 3 or 4pm was demanding but very good on the bank balance which was why I was there! PERFECT!

Pros

Geat hours, good staff, clean working enviornment, well looked after

Cons

long hours, physically demanding

Got a good chance to work with a great team and really good management, learnt a lot of supervisory skills inspite of being an attendant with very co-operative co-workers. Got appreciation and motivation from supervisor and head of the department.

Pros

free meal and laundry

Cons

long hours due to limited staffing

productive

management is good, as well as my workmates,they are very helpfulphysically hard job, whole day walk with the big trolleyteam work

Pros

free lunches

Fun workplace

The people there are great and easy to get long with, the management team all have open door policies so they are really easy to talk to also.Overall the company is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel Novotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hotel Novotel
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?