Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews

Housing New Zealand
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 November 2018
I have been Case manager for only short time but gained many friends and always remember. great Management but job security not good experience, you will not know when they will cut down jobs . Great place work and lots of fun.
competitive and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 July 2018
I love the job. I have learned about helping people with their needs and also making sure that I will try my best to not let my work team down. There was nothing wrong with everything I did at the job. I will always make sure that I do not go in late to work because that will be something that my boss will look at if I'm not going to work on time.
Pros
free facilities
Cons
perfect hourly rate
Productive and fun
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland26 June 2018
Management are helpful and sharing when I have something to talk about regarding my work and sometimes my personal issues. I have learnt to be punctual, do things for my own personal development so I can be able to learn more and know more about my job. I am also given the chance to experience other department which is also good for me
one of best place to work
Business Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland2 May 2018
i really enjoyed working with HNZC nice place to work nice team and management, belive on change and automation and respect human intelligence and respect the ideas.
A days work at HNZC Call Centre
Manukau Customer Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 April 2018
an awesome place to work. Management are very supportive and helpful. Very approachable. The staff members are awesome, its like a big family. I learned that there is no same day, every day is different. All customers are different. And dealing with clients over the phone makes it a bit difficult however I got the training of identifying any signs of danger to our clients, our properties and our staff. Its an awesome place to work!
fast paced with great job satisfaction
Senior Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty8 March 2018
dealing with people in need (homelessness) was a very humbling role, it was an honor to help and assist families and singles in need of housing. I would always ensure actions were in the best interest of the people ,
Pros
sustaining tenancies, getting the best out come for all
Cons
constant change gave little job security
fun place to work
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Waikato District, Waikato10 September 2017
A typical day in the life of a Tenancy Manager with Housing New Zealand differed from day to day, Certain events took priority that was beyond your control for example a dwelling fire, are they okay do we need to rehouse them, is it safe for staff and contractors to enter? is it contaminated with asbestos or meth? If no urgent action required then debt was my number one focus to address early provide early intervention to assist our customers to retain their housing, Our role was highly mobile it had to be.. to manage over 400 properties the tenants and their issues. I loved working and assisting people to provide them with the tools to manage their own circumstances. To instill a sense of pride in their homes. I received training constantly as it is a changing environment and kept up with technology.
The hardest part of the job was commuting from Thames to Hamilton daily the work traffic had increased so much it added another 40 minutes of travel daily. You may ask why I worked in Hamilton? I was happily employed in Thames / Coromandel until a restructure was announced in 2012 staff numbers were reduced at Housing New Zealand so to keep my employment I had to travel, I was lucky vehicle was allocated to my role for business use only
Pros
we were constantly rewarded with food
Cons
commuting from Thames to Hamilton daily made it a long day
noble purpose and meaningful outcomes
Contract Manager (PBMC) (Current Employee) –  Auckland Central, Auckland17 July 2017
The role requires an in-depth contract knowledge and KPI assessment capability. The challenge is to interpret performance in the context of a demanding and dynamic work environment.
Tolerance and accuracy are key attributes as conflicting customer aspirations are part of the working environment.
Establishing customer priorities can be difficult although meeting their expectations through a shared desire to achieve the organisations ultimate aim is satisfying.
Pros
meaningful purpose
Cons
conflicting priorites
Supportive and for people who love working with & helping people
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland5 April 2017
Being flexible and ready for any situation was part of any day @ HNZC - you may have a full diary but you could arrive in the morning and be required to attend to a house fire etc. The best part of this job was being able to help people to improve their situation and share your knowledge with them - win-win situations is what I sought which encompassed much negotiation and listening skills. The ability to work with people from all walks of life including customers, other Government & community agencies, management & fellow staff was also part of the position.
The worst part of the job was ' there's never enough hours in a day' to do justice for everyone and everything that lies in front of you - this corporation supported staff with medical insurance & great annual & special leave packages knowing that it was a high powered, busy job and was answerable to the government of the day. I learned to be patient and a listener and to never take anything or anyone for granted.
Pros
People, people & people
Cons
Never enough hours in a day
Productive, looks after your career advancements
Health safety and Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington7 March 2017
the staff are fun to work with and care about you as a person.the work is varied and kept me on my toes which is what I like.Management changes a lot which can be disconcerting sometimes with lots of restructures around.
Pros
central cbd
productive
income-related rent specialist/Housing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland - NZ21 September 2016
dealing with different tenants day in day out - with the process of trying to get them into a home - also managing the properties and what needs done regarding maintenance, their accounts and appointing them to inspection, when tenancy managers need to out to inspect.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
dealing with abusive tenants
Prepare to be open minded.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day at work would have to be when I walk in and straight away I open up my e-mails to a maintenance complaint, a hit and run situation where a car has gone through a front fence and taken off, stolen goods from an outside shed or if it's been raining through out the week, my typical day will surely start with complaints of roof leaks and flooding.

If there's anything to be learnt in this line of work, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. A family may show a happy front, but inside their house there are holes in doors and walls that tell a different story.

Making sure that I organise and prioritise my work load each day helps me to manage my day on a daily basis and helps me to multitask where and when needed.

My co-workers are very supportive. We believe in the saying, many hands make light work. I have a lot of trust and faith in my team especially when I'm off work sick or away on annual leave, that my work will be picked up by them in my absence.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolio's are too large for one person to give 100% quality work.
Every day is different. New challenges every day.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016

The hardest part of my job is trying to request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up for a while and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
You get to meet all different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolios are too large to give 100% quality work.
all gud
curtain installer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 April 2016
i am hard worker . i love my job i work there as team leader . i think there is not any typical day. i learned a lot of things from there like who too work in team , good leadership , good communication skils etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hour
New Zealand's largest Social Housing Provider
Contract Financial Analyst/Modeller (Former Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland11 January 2016
HNZC is the largest Social Housing Provider in New Zealand.

Staff are spread across the country and cover Shared Services, Customer Services, Tenancy Services, Property Services, Project and Asset Management.

Diverse nationalities and skill sets of staff who have a genuine desire to help people into Social Housing and cater to the diverse needs of Tenants in HNZC properties.
Pros
Friendly, co-operative people
Cons
Hamstrung by some rigid and inflexible procedures and policies
Helpful and Caring
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Otara15 September 2015
Full on learning and understanding the system, staff are also happy to work with and they work well as a team. Support team member and management member is understanding and helpful.
Awsome work place
Receptionists (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu4 August 2015
I was doing work experience for this company as part of my course but I gain a lot of experience skills and new things from this company thanks to my co worker the old lady who trained me as a receptionists. God bless you and thank you for your time spare to train me while I was there the lovely stuff they are all friendly, very helpful I never had a day that I left the office with out a smile on my face.Great place to work.
Cons
I have to finished at 5pm right on the dot
High Paced Call Centre Environment
Housing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand15 July 2015
The training provided at this workplace was excellent. Trainers were very knowledgeable and persistent in ensuring we understood what we were to face on day one. They weren't wrong. It was intense. This position requires you to be fully focused on whats at hand because ensuring KPI's being met wasn't the only worry you would have. These are people's lives you are dealing with. Their day to day living was now something you are part of. Management were awesome, there were a few Team Leaders who would only look out for their own but it was an enjoyable place to work for. Their social club probably needed a bit more help. But overall, made life long friends there and gained awesome skills transferable to any other Customer Service Based position. My favorite part about the role were the clients. Tenants were quite wonderful despite the 2% that call you just to yell at you. But seriously connecting with people is so rewarding in ways you cannot explain.
Pros
Cool Christmas Parties lol, Celebrate any occasion ie. Rugby World Cup, Easter, Any occasion Management do try hard to make things a little more joyful.
Cons
Not very family oriented. Quite sad really.
Subcontracting to Housing New Zealand
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton14 July 2014
do not work for HNZ they are not a great place to work for , i would rather work for private employer.
Pros
Early Starts
Cons
Work weekends
Fast paced and results orientated
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt13 July 2014
Focus on debt recovery and reduction of debt. Face to face on site communication is by far the most effective way to recover and reduce debt.

Enjoyed being out in the field and assisting client to meet their obligations.