Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews in Mangere, Auckland

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Every day is different. New challenges every day.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day at work would have to be when I walk in and straight away I open up my e-mails to a maintenance complaint, a hit and run situation where a car has gone through a front fence and taken off, stolen goods from an outside shed or if it's been raining through out the week, my typical day will surely start with complaints of roof leaks and flooding.

If there's anything to be learnt in this line of work, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. A family may show a happy front, but inside their house there are holes in doors and walls that tell a different story.

Making sure that I organise and prioritise my work load each day helps me to manage my day on a daily basis and helps me to multitask where and when needed.

My co-workers are very supportive. We believe in the saying, many hands make light work. I have a lot of trust and faith in my team especially when I'm off work sick or away on annual leave, that my work will be picked up by them in my absence.

The hardest part of my job is trying to request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up for a while and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
You get to meet all different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolios are too large to give 100% quality work.
Team building
Tenancy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand11 November 2012
Tenancy Manager's Role

I work with different cultures and communities and has an awareness
of their specific needs.
We are working as One Team with integrity to achieve EXCELLENCE.
We are helping New Zealanders in their time of housing need.