Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews in Manukau City, Auckland

3.8Pay & Benefits
A days work at HNZC Call Centre
Manukau Customer Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 April 2018
an awesome place to work. Management are very supportive and helpful. Very approachable. The staff members are awesome, its like a big family. I learned that there is no same day, every day is different. All customers are different. And dealing with clients over the phone makes it a bit difficult however I got the training of identifying any signs of danger to our clients, our properties and our staff. Its an awesome place to work!
Housing NZ is a great place to work for. Very warm and friendly atmosphere. Felt like one big happy family.
Debt Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manukau19 March 2014
I learned so much at Housing NZ. I had very supportive managers and was always encouraged to not be afraid to have ag at anything. I had been at Housing NZ or 3 months and was given one of roles of a senior Debt specialists. Dealing with my own port folio. I had a few port folios, but it was a big responsibility having to stay on top of high debtors and also doing daily debt work. I also deal with the legal side. I would be the one to start the prcess of legal action towards a tenant.

I found it hard at first to tell a tenant that if they were not able to keep payents up to date etc or if they had broken any arrangements. Telling them that they were going to lose their home.

All in all, the friendly and supportive environment made me enjoy going to work. Everyone would be willing to help one another. The managers are awesum supportive people. Housing NZ was a great place to work.
Pros
We had employer of the month, I received employer of the month on the 2nd month from when I started with Housng NZ.
Cons
The hours were great. It worked well with my family life.
Proactive and fun workplace
Debt Administrator - Tenancy Services (Former Employee) –  Manukau18 February 2014
I was employed as a Debt Administrator for Tenancy Services Supplementary Team within Housing New Zealand.My main roles include establishing damages, processing / entering bank account details for tenant credits / refunds and also for tenancies across New Zealand.
All of my interaction with tenants is done via telephone conversation.
Working with Housing New Zealand has allowed me to develop strong decision making and problem solving skills. It has also allowed me to work autonomously and within a team to achieve goals and has made me understand the importance of being accountable for my own actions. Also being employed with Housing New Zealand has allowed me to be more professional in hou I conduct myself when dealing with customers and colleagues.
I work sell under pressure using effective time management to achieve deadlines. I am focused on achieving high results through people working together.

I also have gained knowledge ot the debt collection process and also the damage process within Housing New Zealand.

I worked as part of a team of four administrators within the Tenancy Services Supplementary team within Housing New Zealand.
Pros
free lunches
Professional and vibrant atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manukau, Auckland18 July 2012
A typical day at work would be fun, face paced environment and targets and to achieve. What I learned was how to deal with angry customers how to be calm and understanding especially professional. I also learned how to work with pressure and how to speak professionaly with clients and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the first day but the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the last hour of the day when almost everything is done and you feel a real sense of achievement.
Pros
fun professional vibrant co-workers