Housing New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews for Certified Debt Specialist

Certified Debt Specialist2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
I learned so much at Housing NZ. I had very supportive managers and was always encouraged to not be afraid to have ag at anything. I had been at Housing NZ or 3 months and was given one of roles of a senior Debt specialists. Dealing with my own port folio. I had a few port folios, but it was a big responsibility having to stay on top of high debtors and also doing daily debt work. I also deal with the legal side. I would be the one to start the prcess of legal action towards a tenant.

I found it hard at first to tell a tenant that if they were not able to keep payents up to date etc or if they had broken any arrangements. Telling them that they were going to lose their home.

All in all, the friendly and supportive environment made me enjoy going to work. Everyone would be willing to help one another. The managers are awesum supportive people. Housing NZ was a great place to work.
Pros
We had employer of the month, I received employer of the month on the 2nd month from when I started with Housng NZ.
Cons
The hours were great. It worked well with my family life.
Very poor job training.
The person responsible for job training showed no interest in training.

Did not help. Other staff ignored the new person. One staff member said do not ask other people questions as they have their own work to do. Left to do nothing. The work that one was requried to do was completed by another woman in the Porirua Branch.

The Manager showed no interest in staff training saying there was no time to train and there was no room available to transfer to Porirua. Left staring at the computer and referring at handwritten notes.
Pros
govt job, 40 hour week, good money, the right career path
Cons
no on the job training.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Housing New Zealand?