Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews for Tenancy Enforcement Manager

Housing New Zealand
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 November 2018
I have been Case manager for only short time but gained many friends and always remember. great Management but job security not good experience, you will not know when they will cut down jobs . Great place work and lots of fun.
fun place to work
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Waikato District, Waikato10 September 2017
A typical day in the life of a Tenancy Manager with Housing New Zealand differed from day to day, Certain events took priority that was beyond your control for example a dwelling fire, are they okay do we need to rehouse them, is it safe for staff and contractors to enter? is it contaminated with asbestos or meth? If no urgent action required then debt was my number one focus to address early provide early intervention to assist our customers to retain their housing, Our role was highly mobile it had to be.. to manage over 400 properties the tenants and their issues. I loved working and assisting people to provide them with the tools to manage their own circumstances. To instill a sense of pride in their homes. I received training constantly as it is a changing environment and kept up with technology.
The hardest part of the job was commuting from Thames to Hamilton daily the work traffic had increased so much it added another 40 minutes of travel daily. You may ask why I worked in Hamilton? I was happily employed in Thames / Coromandel until a restructure was announced in 2012 staff numbers were reduced at Housing New Zealand so to keep my employment I had to travel, I was lucky vehicle was allocated to my role for business use only
Pros
we were constantly rewarded with food
Cons
commuting from Thames to Hamilton daily made it a long day
Prepare to be open minded.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day at work would have to be when I walk in and straight away I open up my e-mails to a maintenance complaint, a hit and run situation where a car has gone through a front fence and taken off, stolen goods from an outside shed or if it's been raining through out the week, my typical day will surely start with complaints of roof leaks and flooding.

If there's anything to be learnt in this line of work, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. A family may show a happy front, but inside their house there are holes in doors and walls that tell a different story.

Making sure that I organise and prioritise my work load each day helps me to manage my day on a daily basis and helps me to multitask where and when needed.

My co-workers are very supportive. We believe in the saying, many hands make light work. I have a lot of trust and faith in my team especially when I'm off work sick or away on annual leave, that my work will be picked up by them in my absence.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolio's are too large for one person to give 100% quality work.
Every day is different. New challenges every day.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016

The hardest part of my job is trying to request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up for a while and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
You get to meet all different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolios are too large to give 100% quality work.
Fast paced and results orientated
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt13 July 2014
Focus on debt recovery and reduction of debt. Face to face on site communication is by far the most effective way to recover and reduce debt.

Enjoyed being out in the field and assisting client to meet their obligations.
Team building
Tenancy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand11 November 2012
Tenancy Manager's Role

I work with different cultures and communities and has an awareness
of their specific needs.
We are working as One Team with integrity to achieve EXCELLENCE.
We are helping New Zealanders in their time of housing need.