Housing New Zealand Employee Review

View all Housing New Zealand reviews

Prepare to be open minded.
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day at work would have to be when I walk in and straight away I open up my e-mails to a maintenance complaint, a hit and run situation where a car has gone through a front fence and taken off, stolen goods from an outside shed or if it's been raining through out the week, my typical day will surely start with complaints of roof leaks and flooding.

If there's anything to be learnt in this line of work, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. A family may show a happy front, but inside their house there are holes in doors and walls that tell a different story.

Making sure that I organise and prioritise my work load each day helps me to manage my day on a daily basis and helps me to multitask where and when needed.

My co-workers are very supportive. We believe in the saying, many hands make light work. I have a lot of trust and faith in my team especially when I'm off work sick or away on annual leave, that my work will be picked up by them in my absence.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get request full home redecorations for houses where people have lived in for over 20 years, only to be told that we do not have enough budget money to spend.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving a positive outcome for something that I've been following up and trying to push through for a tenant to be approved.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life.
Cons
Portfolio's are too large for one person to give 100% quality work.

Other Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Receptionist & tenancy manager (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland15 January 2019
Working for HNZ gives me more confident to speak to customers/clients. First I start main desk (reception) I moved to be a tenancy Manager. I learn how to deal with clients about problems with they houses and many more
Pros
Free parking and get to use company’s car
Cons
Maternity
Housing New Zealand
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 November 2018
I have been Case manager for only short time but gained many friends and always remember. great Management but job security not good experience, you will not know when they will cut down jobs . Great place work and lots of fun.