Housing New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Housing New Zealand Employee Review

Tenancy Manager Housing New Zealand

11 January 2014
I was responsible for the complete South Island portfolio of Community Group Housing.

This was an incredibly satisfying role, as we provided housing for people in real need. We also provided people who may not have necessarily had any private space their own bedroom and sense of space.

I tenanted properties and organised reactive maintenance on the properties. I was also part of the group who implemented a more transparent rent subsidy program.
Pros
Sence of acheivement and the real sence of helping people.
Cons
Being so far away from my portfolio.
7 March 2017
Same location
Health safety and Security Coordinator (Former Employee) - Wellington, Wellington
the staff are fun to work with and care about you as a person.the work is varied and kept me on my toes which is what I like.Management changes a lot which can be disconcerting sometimes with lots of restructures around.
Pros
central cbd
15 July 2015
Housing Advisor (Former Employee) - Wellington, New Zealand
The training provided at this workplace was excellent. Trainers were very knowledgeable and persistent in ensuring we understood what we were to face on day one. They weren't wrong. It was intense. This position requires you to be fully focused on whats at hand because ensuring KPI's being met wasn't the only worry you would have. These are people's lives you are dealing with. Their day to day living was now something you are part of. Management were awesome, there were a few Team Leaders who would only look out for their own but it was an enjoyable place to work for. Their social club probably needed a bit more help. But overall, made life long friends there and gained awesome skills transferable to any other Customer Service Based position. My favorite part about the role were the clients. Tenants were quite wonderful despite the 2% that call you just to yell at you. But seriously connecting with people is so rewarding in ways you cannot explain.
Pros
Cool Christmas Parties lol, Celebrate any occasion ie. Rugby World Cup, Easter, Any occasion Management do try hard to make things a little more joyful.
Cons
Not very family oriented. Quite sad really.
5 December 2013
January 2014 HR Administrator (Former Employee) - Wellington, ENG
Variety of work, great culture and management, extremely busy HR department.