Housing New Zealand Employee Review

View all Housing New Zealand reviews

Supportive and for people who love working with & helping people
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland5 April 2017
Being flexible and ready for any situation was part of any day @ HNZC - you may have a full diary but you could arrive in the morning and be required to attend to a house fire etc. The best part of this job was being able to help people to improve their situation and share your knowledge with them - win-win situations is what I sought which encompassed much negotiation and listening skills. The ability to work with people from all walks of life including customers, other Government & community agencies, management & fellow staff was also part of the position.
The worst part of the job was ' there's never enough hours in a day' to do justice for everyone and everything that lies in front of you - this corporation supported staff with medical insurance & great annual & special leave packages knowing that it was a high powered, busy job and was answerable to the government of the day. I learned to be patient and a listener and to never take anything or anyone for granted.
Pros
People, people & people
Cons
Never enough hours in a day

Other Housing New Zealand Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Receptionist & tenancy manager (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland15 January 2019
Working for HNZ gives me more confident to speak to customers/clients. First I start main desk (reception) I moved to be a tenancy Manager. I learn how to deal with clients about problems with they houses and many more
Pros
Free parking and get to use company’s car
Cons
Maternity
Housing New Zealand
Tenancy Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 November 2018
I have been Case manager for only short time but gained many friends and always remember. great Management but job security not good experience, you will not know when they will cut down jobs . Great place work and lots of fun.