HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
Fun and Easy workplace
Working at Hoyts is a good place to work while you are studying and is a good place to make friends with fellow coworkers. It is not a difficult job, and allows you to do easy work which is a break between studying.
Average
There is a lot of favouritism within the management and the workers, also it's a fairly toxic work environment in my opinion, but if you're in then you're in. Perks are pretty nice though
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Bad management
Fun environment
Working at Hoyts has allowed me to further hone my team-member skills, from participation to voicing out my opinions to further improve our relationship as workmates.
Pros
Cheap movies
Easy Job for teenagers
Management is too friendly to staff it gets unprofessional.
Hoyts is constantly changing stuff that upsets customers

it was and is understaffed that if youre unwell there is never anyone to cover your shift so you either work it or leave the rest of the staff that day struggling.
Pros
cheap movie tickets
Cons
unprofessional staff, understaffed.
Fun, exciting workplace
Each day is exciting and full of positive energy and no 2 days are ever the same. This role has given me great customer service experience and i have met many great people along the way.
Busy and very enjoyable place to work
Although through the nature of the business hours were variable to say the least, I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and provided much support and assistance in development of the product and service which I must add I thoroughly enjoyed. My time with Hoyts allowed me to develop and hone many of the skills I learnt in my Hospitality Studies with continually assisting customers with seating, food and beverage services and general customer service provisions one would expect with a premium cinema plus experience. The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was what I learnt in putting my skills to practice and assisting customers to such a level that they would often ask for me personally.