HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Employee Reviews

Working at Hoyts is a good place to work while you are studying and is a good place to make friends with fellow coworkers. It is not a difficult job, and allows you to do easy work which is a break between studying.
Lots of opportunities to learn new skills in different areas of the company. Staff are all very friendly as well and always willing to help. You get to work with people around your age with the exception of managers and discounted movie tickets and food was an added bonus.
Pros
$2 movie tickets and discounted food and beverages funded staff screenings and games nights
Cons
Pay isn't great because it is part-time
Hoyts was a good part time job. The people I worked with were nice and made for a good work environment. The pay was ok for part time employment.
very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
Really loved my time at HOYTS. The staff I worked with were like-minded people and management for the most part were understanding.

They were flexible with availability and swapping shifts as long as you followed the rules they implemented which were quite fair such as requesting time off at least two weeks in advance.

Great opportunities to move around to different areas and further your knowledge eg. move to the bar area or move to LUX.

Also excellent opportunities to move into leadership positions such as a trainer or manager.

All positions are part time so there is peace of mind you will always be entitled to hours each week.

If you have a positive mindset going into the job and are enthusiastic and respectful to fellow staff members and crew members, you will excel and really enjoy your time at HOYTS.
This was my first job when I was fresh out of high school. It got my foot in the door and gave me the necessary experience to understand how the workplace worked. It's fast-paced, its hard work. I did genuinely enjoy the work there. I feel the real turn off was the customers, who consistently abuse the employees there and try to bend them to their will. That in itself does give its own experience, but getting that regularly was not healthy for me. The pay was decent, it got me by, but there are other workplaces that do offer better pay. But I would still recommend Hoyts just to get the experience of work.
Pros
Discounts on food, drinks and tickets
Cons
Long hours, pay below min. wage, difficult customer work
HOYTS is a great job when you’re young and needing that little bit of extra money in your pocket and when your parents/carers can also help. However, as I, personally, have advanced through my career at HOYTS and am now classed as older staff, I am hardly enjoying it. Favouritism, lack of hours and a lack of feeling of a comfortable environment all become so apparent after “settling in”.
Worklife at Hoyts revolves mainly around the customer's satisfaction, this involves service with a smile and making sure all their needs are satisfied. Other duties also included regularly stocking up, making food, cleaning up the work area and the cinemas, and finally to maintain a high standard of cleanliness. The relaxed workplace creates an opportunity to make great friends with fellow employees and management ensures workers are motivated to complete all tasks handed out.
poor staff, poor management and a lack of respect from staff members. the interview process is really easy and cool and they at first seem nice and friendly however when you start working they are discourteous and deceiving.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HOYTS?
Es una empresa que tiene un manejo increíble e impecable.
A typical day at work would be to clean cinema's and serve customers, as well as stock confectionary and all items. Shifts would range from 4-9 hours per day. I learnt a lot of management skills, as well as being put into stressful situations. Management was always on top of things and you knew you could talk to them if need be. It was an enjoyable job for a teenager.
Hoyts is a very fun relaxed work place without to many downsides good job first job and quick to learn. With the ability to progress in the company further.
Gain good experience for a beginner, however career advancement is difficult if you are located outside of Sydney. Culture at sites could be improved, as well as the flexible roster.
Pros
Discounted tickets
Cons
Some days working at hoyts could be quite, especially during school times and in the mornngs. I learn to communication through radios and talk more to customers. Hardest part is needing to recieve managements confirmation to be able to process a special offer. I enjoy the benefits of $2 movie tickets and discount on some food.
Era un lindo trabajo muy exigente xq se tenía q cumplir co una expectativa de venta en comida de a cuerdo al.ingreso de gente percapita y era muy estresante cuando.sos nuevo y no.cumplias con ños.objetivos una vez aprendidos sd.javia.mucho más manejable y llevadero.
I went there for an interview one on one with the managers (Sunnybank Hoyts) and they were so rude. There were two of them in the room and they kept giving each other looks that seemed like they were making fun of me. they also started laughing loudly at me when I was answering questions which made me extremely uncomfortable. Overall management is really rude.
Work during weekdays is usually pretty slow paced and cruzy. Work is required to be done but is done within a friendly and inviting environment making it fun and not a task.
Great workplace with some downsides

During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week..
managers are not good at all. very egotistical, not respect for staff members, and there's a horrible power shift between managers and employees. however, the culture among staff members is amazing which is why most staff members stay.
My ongoing experience at Hoyts has significantly improved my social skills, work ethic and reliability. It taught me of the importance of communication and self-improvement, thus expanding my ability to work individually and as part of a team. Working at Hoyts, allowed me to become confident when interacting with colleagues and customers and to better understand their needs.
The competitiveness to up-sell and suggestive-sell is a bit high which can sometimes make it stressful if you don't fulfill the quota but it is satisfying when you exceed it!
The management team there are very friendly and genuinely care about their team, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Working at Hoyts I learned many valuable things such as time management, up-selling etc; which to this day I still apply and require in my jobs.

The hardest part of the job would probably be when I had to leave or when I was sick as it meant I couldn't go into work. Working here was very enjoyable for me and was the best first job that I could have ever asked for, it provided me with the necessary skills and experience for future employment.