HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Employee Reviews

Working at Hoyts is a good place to work while you are studying and is a good place to make friends with fellow coworkers. It is not a difficult job, and allows you to do easy work which is a break between studying.
I absolutely loved this job! I wish I still worked there. Hours are super flexible and you can apply off for anything and they wont question it! The crew I was hired with of around 40 staff were amazing and we created a family like culture where the crew and managers are still close friends to this day! The job is easy, fun, and great for learning new skills. It is easy to move up in this job - I started out on the Candy Bar (where you buy food, drinks, tickets) and moved to the Control position (in charge of the people cleaning cinemas and ripping tickets) within a few months, then moved to LUX (more expensive ticketed customers - VIP service) within 3 more months. ALSO: when you move up to LUX or Kitchen staff your hourly rate increases!! The flow of this job is great, it is easy to learn, the managers are so lovely (except the new Head Manager at this branch), the crew is hard-working, breaks are great and adjusted according to the flow of the day but you will ALWAYS receive your break. They also respect your hours in terms of not forcing you to work on days you've asked not to work on or days you've applied off for - ALSO they do not force you to work overtime, if they need you to stay back they will ALWAYS ask you first and will pay you accordingly, but you'll want to stay back because of how great this job is!! They also send out emails when they need a shift covered or extra staff on so you can always pick up a shift but your shifts will not be moved around without your permission!! Discounts are amazing with super cheap tickets both in general and lux seats, super cheap - more...
Pros
Everything! The culture, managers, staff, discounts, flexible shifts and rosters!!!!
Cons
The new head manager....
There is a lot of favouritism within the management and the workers, also it's a fairly toxic work environment in my opinion, but if you're in then you're in. Perks are pretty nice though
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Bad management
Working at Hoyts has allowed me to further hone my team-member skills, from participation to voicing out my opinions to further improve our relationship as workmates.
Pros
Cheap movies
Cons
Management is too friendly to staff it gets unprofessional. Hoyts is constantly changing stuff that upsets customers it was and is understaffed that if youre unwell there is never anyone to cover your shift so you either work it or leave the rest of the staff that day struggling.
Pros
cheap movie tickets
Cons
unprofessional staff, understaffed.
Each day is exciting and full of positive energy and no 2 days are ever the same. This role has given me great customer service experience and i have met many great people along the way.
Although through the nature of the business hours were variable to say the least, I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and provided much support and assistance in development of the product and service which I must add I thoroughly enjoyed. My time with Hoyts allowed me to develop and hone many of the skills I learnt in my Hospitality Studies with continually assisting customers with seating, food and beverage services and general customer service provisions one would expect with a premium cinema plus experience. The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was what I learnt in putting my skills to practice and assisting customers to such a level that they would often ask for me personally.