HOYTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOYTS Pay & Benefits reviews

Hoyts was a good part time job. The people I worked with were nice and made for a good work environment. The pay was ok for part time employment.
very cliquey. management are very friendly with staff and if you arent in the clique you dont get equal opportunities. very low wage and high expectation.
This was my first job when I was fresh out of high school. It got my foot in the door and gave me the necessary experience to understand how the workplace worked. It's fast-paced, its hard work. I did genuinely enjoy the work there. I feel the real turn off was the customers, who consistently abuse the employees there and try to bend them to their will. That in itself does give its own experience, but getting that regularly was not healthy for me. The pay was decent, it got me by, but there are other workplaces that do offer better pay. But I would still recommend Hoyts just to get the experience of work.
Pros
Discounts on food, drinks and tickets
Cons
Long hours, pay below min. wage, difficult customer work
Gain good experience for a beginner, however career advancement is difficult if you are located outside of Sydney. Culture at sites could be improved, as well as the flexible roster.
Pros
Discounted tickets
Cons
Some days working at hoyts could be quite, especially during school times and in the mornngs. I learn to communication through radios and talk more to customers. Hardest part is needing to recieve managements confirmation to be able to process a special offer. I enjoy the benefits of $2 movie tickets and discount on some food.
Era un lindo trabajo muy exigente xq se tenía q cumplir co una expectativa de venta en comida de a cuerdo al.ingreso de gente percapita y era muy estresante cuando.sos nuevo y no.cumplias con ños.objetivos una vez aprendidos sd.javia.mucho más manejable y llevadero.
Working at Hoyts its lots of fun. There are so many areas to learn and it can't give you experience in different areas. If you're still in school or studying and need a Part-time job this is perfect! However if you are looking for a job just to earn money, and aren't doing anything else with your time, i would not recommend this job. Hours can vary each week, making it stressful to live off minimum wage, especially if you're not doing anything else.
Pros
Cheap Movie tickets, Staff Screenings, Cheap popcorn and Drinks
Cons
Minimum 8 hours a week
Working at Hoyts has its benefits of a "family" like mindset, that allows you to develop real and good friends and memories while working. Tasks are generally not hard to do, though difficult customers are frequent. Management is generally very nice, but can sometimes seem unproductive. Pay is not so great, and do not get normal penalty rates. Benefits with tickets and food are amazing and flexibility is usually not an issue.
Pros
cheap tickets
Cons
Long Hours
I had a lot of fun there, I made so many good friends. Work is relatively easy, but a lot of standing obviously. They are usually willing to train you in more than one area, and the management was pretty good when I worked there. The pay is very low though but at least you get a lot of hours! No social life though lmao
Pros
Discount tickets, awesome friends, lots of hours
Cons
Low pay, hard to get time off
I would never regret working at Hoyts due to amazing staff who become your second family and amazing managers who are well caring and understandable . If you study don't worry because you can juggle Hoyts and school work around.
Pros
Discounted tickets and food.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HOYTS?
los encargados te tratan mal, y no es buen ambiente de trabajo
Pros
comer pochoclo
Cons
no te dan nada mas que pochoclos para comer en el descanso
poor management, very strict and untimely hours. Being young when applied, extorted my age for my minimum wage and were not flexible with hours, not very nice people.
Fue excelente trabajar en Hoyts Abasto, el ambiente de trabajo es bastante bueno, lo único malo para mi seria que el contrato es por muy poco tiempo
Pros
trabajo en blanco, seguro medico, beneficios
The managers sucked, the pay sucked, the people were good (i met my partner there), i learnt patience and customer service skills, i enjoyed talking and not working.
Pros
sick leave, annual leave
Cons
mangement, everything
Very fun workplace, though some terrible inconsiderate managers. Dealing with customers at the movies can be awful. Overall, really great benefits and okay job
Pros
cheap movies
Cons
poor management
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Hoyts. The cinema I worked at was generally fairly quiet so a lot of the time I spent restocking the freezers and candy bar or cleaning. The managers were very nice and tried to be supportive of the crew. The hardest part would have to be the long periods between movies when we wouldn't have any customers for up to 2 hours.
Pros
Cheap food/drink/movie tickets, Reasonable shifts
Cons
Low hourly pay
Terrible Wages and management very poor and pressuring for staff to take shifts Benefits not bad and the quality of work and culture was nice, great co workers
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Wages
The job was ok, there was a lack of equipment in some areas, but overall it made me learn about the importance of teamwork and order in your workplace
Pros
Ticket discounts
Cons
450 a month for a full time job was not that good
Great place with a lot of staff benefits and free movies! Management is nice and helps staff with any issues. Caters towards all needs and puts the employee first
Pros
Free movie
Cons
bad pay
Buen clima laboral. Rotación de puestos Varían las horas laborales
Pros
Buen clima laboral
Cons
Sueldo bajo
Pretty good place to work, easiest job you'll probably ever have, pays pretty poor but meh. absolutely lovely people though, and you get to watch movies for the cheep cheep.
Pros
popcorn
Cons
standing