Hudson
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hudson Employee Reviews

I was utterly impressed wirh the professional organization of this Company; and, inspired by the professionalism, care, & support of my Consultant during the assignment. She was an excellent judge of character re. the selection of suitable persons to cope in a role with exceptional challenges.
Those who do well excel but it is not a collaborative culture nor are there thoughts for longevity. Employment is a revolving door so a lack of togetherness.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Culture and values
Pros • Friendly, often relaxed atmosphere. • No one is ever too busy to help out each other. • Employees are encouraged to undertake further training to benefit their careers. • Flexible working hours with the option to work from home in certain situations. • Senior management are open and honest with us (which has improved greatly over the time I've been here). • On-site cafe with free lunches. • Free parking. Cons • Although steps have been taken to reduce it, there is still a feeling of the company being more reactive than proactive with things sometimes being left to the last minute. • At times there seems to be a slight divide between the departments upstairs and downstairs, which may be down to the varied nature of the work being carried out in each department.
Another temping agency that I've been 'on the books' for months, without any prospects. The only communication I've had was, after about 2 or 3 months, an email asking if I was still looking for work as they were updating the database. After doing their entry tests at the start, being told I had exceptional typing skills, etc., I would have thought *something* might have popped up from them but nothing. Then, over a week ago, I found a job, I was interested in, via Hudson so applied for it. Again, have heard nothing back. Not even an email to say thanks for applying. Don't waste your time with this company.
Hudson RPO is a leading global Recruitment Process Outsourcing company with a global network of recruiters and proprietary technology and tools, delivering qualified candidates worldwide. Hudson RPO is a wonderful organisation to work for.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Being on site at your client, you can at times feel disconnected from the wider team.
management team will only think about themselves. you're constantly competing with your boss. In order for them to hit their targets they will even try to take your clients.
a typical day at work would involve a lot of unclear direction. I learnt that Hudson was going through a very stressful time and didn't have many staff on during my time there. I also learnt that a lot of people were unhappy there and were leaving. The culture was very toxic. The hardest part was wanting to learn and not being able to due to the management team and methods above me. The most enjoyable part of the job was making some new friends.
Pros
Friday drinks and not working weekends
Cons
Bad management
I really enjoyed my time at Hudson Recruitment. I worked as a customer service officer mainly helping ensure contractors timesheets were completed on time and to follow up any queries regarding to this process. I feel like my communication skills were greatly improved during my time working with Hudson as I spent a great deal of time on the phone with contractors. The job was very rewarding as I was constantly busy and there was a great team ethos within the section I was working which I felt was very important to our performance.
It was a lovely experience working for Hudson Recruitment in Christchurch, Great employer, salary and benefits. Awesome team to work with
Pros
flexible working hours, great team to work with
Cons
temporary not permanent
  1. Employee Reviews