Hutt City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hutt City Council Employee Reviews

Great place to work with opportunities to advance your situation depending on what sector you are based in.
A wardens job can be stressful at times with constant contact with public who can be helpful or rude depending on the situation so must focused always on job at hand.
Pros
Outdoors and exercise and good people to work with
Cons
Abusive public at times can be dangerous and thankless task
Productive environment
Everyday was different but the same. Had the same daily duties that were completed at its usual requested time. Preparing for private bookings, and events that would take place. Dealing with chemicals and machinery for pool sustainability and maintenance.

Had many responsibilities as a pool lifeguard and supervisor/team leader. Making sure everyone was taking part in their role and working together.

Some days were also different experiencing with different events that would occur. Dealing with difficult customers and responding to any accidents and incidents. We were often kept on our toes.

Workplace culture was friendly. Everyone was like a family. This made work more enjoyable. Our managers kept us well grounded. They had taught us many skills and helped us through many difficult situations. When we made mistakes they were always there to help us work through it successfully.
Pros
Developed important skills and qualifications that can help me in future situations.
Cons
Long hours. Dealing with difficult situations. Arguments or disagreements within the workforce
Enjoyable and fun place to work
A typical day was just watching the pools, cleaning, communcating with the customers, i learnt how to properly work as a team, learn how to use effective communcation. Hardest part of my job was dealing with the naughter customers and th trouble makers. Best part of my day was having a good laugh with my co workers and other customers.