Hutt City Council Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
4.0Job Security & Advancement
Productive environment
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington4 June 2019
Everyday was different but the same. Had the same daily duties that were completed at its usual requested time. Preparing for private bookings, and events that would take place. Dealing with chemicals and machinery for pool sustainability and maintenance.

Had many responsibilities as a pool lifeguard and supervisor/team leader. Making sure everyone was taking part in their role and working together.

Some days were also different experiencing with different events that would occur. Dealing with difficult customers and responding to any accidents and incidents. We were often kept on our toes.

Workplace culture was friendly. Everyone was like a family. This made work more enjoyable. Our managers kept us well grounded. They had taught us many skills and helped us through many difficult situations. When we made mistakes they were always there to help us work through it successfully.
Pros
Developed important skills and qualifications that can help me in future situations.
Cons
Long hours. Dealing with difficult situations. Arguments or disagreements within the workforce