Hyatt

Bellman54 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,119 reviews

Bellman at Hyatt Bethesda

I only gave the overall rating 5 stars because I love Hyatt. I worked for Hyatt Bethesda as a Bellman for almost two years and LOVED it...until it became franchised by Highgate Hotels. The money was GREAT i will say that. Being a Bellman is awesome. I will encourage anyone to work for Hyatt that is corporately owned because it was the best company to work for. However i strongly recommend to NEVER work for Hyatt Bethesda or any franchised Hyatt. Hyatt Bethesda being operated by Highgate Hotels was the worst day of my life. They rennovated the property and lied to cusotmers for months about even having a rennovation until they got so many astounding complaints. They treat their employees like trash and the customers even worst. The management is TERRIBLE and Hyatt Bethesda and Highgate are VERY greedy and only care about the customers credit card being approved and that is it. As an employee i say this because the customers at Hyatt Bethesda are such great lovely people and they became family and treat the employees so nicely which is rare so it was an awful feeling knowing the people know that they are being taken advantage of. I loved my job and took great pride in it and was even written up and eventually fired because i went "too above and beyond" for a guest. It was a nightmare working at that location while being operated by Highgate Hotels because literally everyday they flex their muscle to make you feel like you will be fired and given day. But again Hyatt corporately is the best hotel chain to possibly work for and i was sad they day it became franchised. I highly recommend -

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Terrible Terrible Terrible Management / Very Uncomfortable Work Enviroment

bellman job at bellevue is great. i would recommend it for someone who is interested in working hospitality

worked as a bellman at the bellevue hotel which is a hyatt property. i liked all of my co-workers including management. i can't say that about a lot of the places that i have worked. they are willing to work with you and are able to turn off the hospitality face and be honest with you. which in my opinion really makes me respect my managers/co-workers. working there was fair and i felt valued and satisfied. during covid there were times when i needed help because i was the only bellman on at the time and management were quick to lend me a hand, since i can only be in one place at a time.i don't really have anything bad to say about my time working there. definitely recommend it

Pros

good management that doesn't look down on you, good benefits, good hourly pay plus tips, good work environment.

Great job if you like hospitality

It was a cool place to work. Being a bellman you got great tips, you are the first person anyone sees coming through the door so every balanced out. Management was cool when it comes to scheduling.

Overall great place to work! Would go back there, if opportunity is there!

Very customer focused, reminds me of working at Marriott hotels, witch is great, and why we are there! Would work there again, if opportunity is there, in the future!

Pros

Teamwork, good relationship with employees throughout hotel, free meals!

Cons

Sometimes fairness among bellman, with tipping, etc.!

Very nice place to work

Love every moment of this job, never had a dull moment, management was great and wanted you to succeed. schedule was flexible and was able to get required days to complete school.

Good places to work

Grant place to meet people and make guests happy. Every day for me felt like a day that I can contribute to humanity and make people happy and welcome people to the building and to make people feel at home. I also like the company standard two separate other hotels from the Hyatt brand. Hyatt Trinidad is a good place to work on the benefits is really good and the employees help each other and support each other for the better of the company and for the better of personal growth

Pros

Free lunch

Great to work for

Just make sure you keep a smile on your face and take care of the guests. Make sure you direct people where they need to go. Keep the customer happy at all times.

Good position for the work

This position won't make you feel great about yourself, but you'll make more than enough to pay your bills. The experience you build will only help you land a management position in hospitality, so I wouldn't recommend staying in this position for as long as I have unless that's what you're shooting for. Union benefits are great!

Productive and fun enviroment

The most enjoyable part of the job is willing to help resolve situation to customers and visitors to our work place. Striving to provide the best of the best.

good

everything fair and good,every one has a team work.management is good..and they have good communication to each other...and employees are so friendly.

Prestigious and fun workplace with a cultural restaurants

I am happy working in the company for 3 years, my daily work with my co-employee is wonderful and I learned a lot in the company especially empowerment and full engagement with the guest, The Hyatt Regency culture gives an opportunity to each individual to develop himself or herself.

Pros

free accom, meals, tips and many more

Great spot for summer!

Great location to work for summer, plenty of hours and over time if you want it. Enjoyed my time here in the Okanagan at Spirit Ridge. Beautiful resort in some stunning scenery. Literally pinch yourself coming in to work every day as it is breath taking. It is a very busy Hotel at peak times, this is not a place to come if you intend on dossing about and not working! My time here was enjoyable, but there was a lot of time spent chasing my tail as unreliable staff would call in sick ect frequently and let the rest of the team pick up the slack. That being said the core team are great just let down by a few seasonal slackers as is every hotel. Found management approachable and friendly also willing to get stuck in on busy days which is always commendable as respect is earnt. Not many places will you see the Director of Rooms helping Housekeeping or the General Manager helping the bell boys run carts on a busy day. They all get stuck in when needed which i found great. As in any business there are a few kinks that need ironing out but I always felt my voice was heard and i was always treated with respect from management even when we clashed. As i said previously respect is earnt and if you work well you will be treated well. This place has some serious potential, with the right direction, passion and staff this really could be one of Canada's top resorts. I found that quite exciting, if you have a real passion for hospitality then this place is for you, already 4.5 star and striving for more. Would come back for another stint here no problem.

Pros

Plenty of hours, stunning location

Cons

Not much in the way of employee benefits like lunch ect.

Productive and Fun Place to work

Great company to work for with good benefits. Excellent management! Very happy and stress free working environment. It's fun to be with all of my co workers.

Pros

Free food and discounted rooms

Fun place to work

Fast paced with a variety of clientele . Hotel was connected to the convention center which was extremely busy with a wide variety of conferences , meetings, and contests

Pros

Great location

Cons

Departments didn’t work well with each other

Fun

They just welcome you in also they want you to succeed at what your doing and are always there to help. The location is great as well. If there were any draw backs it wiuld be the long hours.

Great place to meet new people

Great place to meet new people with the opportunity to build relationships throughout great customer service skill & timely errand runs that provide guest with a great experience in the city.

Pros

Meeting new people, new experiences

Cons

Fast paced environment that teaches you to communicate and work as a team. Team oriented environment with good management. Time flies since you are always on the go.

Employees were great management were awful unfair

Wouldn't work for them again, they abused the hard workers and never appreciated the work one did for them, we got stiffed on the tips the clients would leave for us

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, too much profanity, disrespectful to staff

No advancement or pay increases to look forward to

The owners do not believe in providing a living wage for the workers. Too many contract employees. Not possible to be hired by the Hyatt without quitting original job first then wait 30 days to begin application process.

Relaxed and comfortable work environment

Great place to work if your a people person but you have to be very flexible with your schedule pay isn’t all that great but it’s good if your young or still in school

tips dwindled

Condition of hotel began to rapidly deteriorate resulting in a change in the clientele and subsequently tips. foot injury limited my ability to run up and down concrete hill for valeted vehicles

Pros

guys I worked with

Cons

many nights of minimal $

• Hyatt
  • Bellman
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?